Goodbye Jamaal Williams!

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Feel he needs a goodbye thread. Probably the best one-two punch since Lacy/Starks. Harsh but that's football business. Would love to have him here again.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the rare ex-Packers that I'll cheer for (except against the Pack of course). Hope he leaves the division but considering the Nfc North's love for ex-Packers it's realistic he becomes a Bear.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Jamaal, but hate that I'll get to watch him twice a year against my team. I hope he puts up 100 a game every week but two.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like keeping Williams was something they could have done. His cap number this year would not have been that much more than tendering Sullivan.
I'm surprised he went to the Lions though, my bet was the Patriots.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like keeping Williams was something they could have done. His cap number this year would not have been that much more than tendering Sullivan.
They certainly weren’t going to pay him 3-4 million a year with both Jones and Dillon on the team.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They certainly weren’t going to pay him 3-4 million a year with both Jones and Dillon on the team.
If they let Jones go this is about what I thought JWilliams could have been re-signed for. But they weren’t keeping both.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe he was the better blocker of the 3 wasn't he? He will be missed.

D

Deleted member 6794

I believe he was the better blocker of the 3 wasn't he? He will be missed.

While Williams will be missed there was no way for the Packers to pay him close to $4 million to mainly be a blocker.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

When one of our backs goes down, it would be nice to have Jamaal. I suspect we'll draft one in round 3-5. Love Jamaal, this may be the first time I'll root for an ex-Packer.

Reaction score
One aspect will take some time i suspect and that is pass blocking. Jamaal was a whole nother level
I’m a Dillon supporter from Go. But he has work to do in the receiving area. He’s has a high ceiling Rushing, but yeah he’ll have to work on pass blocking and receptions.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I’m a Dillon supporter from Go. But he has work to do in the receiving area. He’s has a high ceiling Rushing, but yeah he’ll have to work on pass blocking and receptions.
Dillon caught everything thrown his way. 2 targets 2 receptions and IIRC neither pass was on target.

D

Deleted member 6794

Exactly my point. He is being called out for being a poor receiver based on 2 off-target passes that he caught.

No, Dillon is actually considered a poor receiver by some fans because he hasn't been used in that capacity a lot in college (21 career receptions).

Him catching two balls with the Packers is too small of a sample size to change that perception.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, Dillon is actually considered a poor receiver by some fans because he hasn't been used in that capacity a lot in college (21 career receptions).

Him catching two balls with the Packers is too small of a sample size to change that perception.
There's a difference between not having opportunity and being poor at something. He hasn't been used a lot, but you can clearly see from his small sample size, college and pro, he's not poor at it.

Shows very good body control for such a big man, and good hands.

D

Deleted member 6794

There's a difference between not having opportunity and being poor at something. He hasn't been used a lot, but you can clearly see from his small sample size, college and pro, he's not poor at it.

Shows very good body control for such a big man, and good hands.

Just for the record, I was explaining why the perception exists that Dillon is considered a poor receiver. I'm not sharing that opinion at this point.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They could have kept Williams with the $6 mil they're giving to King.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts