Good pass or not?

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was the rocket pass to Driver for 20 yards with blanket coverage that wasn't looking a good pass to throw or a bad pass to throw?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it was fine since:

A. it was to "The Pro" Donald Driver, who can work with it

and

B. That defender had no idea what was going on

and

C. Favre can fit a football into a soup can

Favre\Driver obviously knew what they were doing last night vs. that defense, and I know I wont be questioning that. Not after that showing.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
Was the rocket pass to Driver for 20 yards with blanket coverage that wasn't looking a good pass to throw or a bad pass to throw?

Does it REALLY matter?

I ask since you seem to be stuck in 2004.

OP
OP

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
it was fine since:

and

and

Favre\Driver obviously knew what they were doing last night vs. that defense, and I know I wont be questioning that. Not after that showing.

I agree with all your points. Favre is the only qb in the league that could rifle that thing in there (TomBradyHater would definately agree with that). However, that was tight coverage and I was just wondering if any of the Packer faithful want to see less chances taken. Favre did lock on to driver for quite a while on that play, and maybe it is common to play D on a hot receiver like that, so it wasn't a chance at all.

OP
OP

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
nah, "SingleCoverageOnSteveSmith" will be fine, might be too long though. hehe

That is my name at the ChicagoBears message board. I was trying to come up with something from GB's playoff run last year, but...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
like I said, who are we to question it. That Favre\Driver combo was hot all night and knew what they were doing.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great, now we have "fans" micro-managing the decisions of completions of GB's future HOF QB Brett Favre.

(Thanks for making me lose my breakfast.)

OP
OP

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can you imagine if the ball would have drilled the defender in the back? That guy would have been out peeing blood for a week from the kidney shot.

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
tromadz said:
it was fine since:

and

and

and you would know since you were listening to it on the radio

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you do know the game is on RIGHT now on nfl network, and they showed that play already(as well as replays last night).

wow.

just wow, kid.

shhhhhh

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Since I'm bored off my *** at work I watched the game again.

It was not a good decision to make that throw.

The throw was good. It was put basically where only Driver could get it unless the DB was Charles Woodson.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right, now you're complaining about completions?

If it was a good throw and the receiver caught it, how could it not be a good decision?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen,

I think a few of us just may be a little worried that Brett may push it a little too much when he does not have to this year. This is not a knock on Brett, we all know he pressed a little too hard last year for a variety of reasons ( of which "most" of them were not his fault ). Just my take !!!

We won't see those INT numbers again however, I don't want to see Brett give up his gun slinging ways altogether as this would not be how Brett plays and I expect a few interceptions just because of his style !!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
TomAllen said:

If it was a good throw and the receiver caught it, how could it not be a good decision?

Who's complaining? I simply gave my input on someone ELSE's question.

I can't believe I even have to explain this to someone.

The throw was a good one because it appears to have been in the only place it could be for Driver to catch it. That does not mean it was a GOOD decision to make the throw. Anyone who has played QB knows what I'm talking about. Sometimes you make a throw and it gets caught and you think ":confused: damn maybe i shouldnt have thrown that"

OP
OP

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
TomAllen said:

Who's complaining? I simply gave my input on someone ELSE's question.

I can't believe I even have to explain this to someone.

The throw was a good one because it appears to have been in the only place it could be for Driver to catch it. That does not mean it was a GOOD decision to make the throw. Anyone who has played QB knows what I'm talking about. Sometimes you make a throw and it gets caught and you think ":confused: damn maybe i shouldnt have thrown that"

Z2C - EXACTLY. I was not nitpicking, critisizing, complaining or trying to stir up things with the question. I just wanted to get opinion of Packer fans on the Brett completion. Is that pass what Packer fans are looking for or do they want him to reign it in a little.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the fact that the defender wasnt looking sells me on it (plus those 2 were one fire). If the defender was lookin at the throw, i woulda shat myself. But they exploited that young man.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
the fact that the defender wasnt looking sells me on it (plus those 2 were one fire). If the defender was lookin at the throw, i woulda shat myself. But they exploited that young man.

lol if he was looking we'd be talking about brett throwing a pick :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts