1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Good news for Cubs fans...

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by nathaniel, Oct 29, 2007.

1. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    A-Rod opts out of contract

As a Yankees fan I hate to see him go, but I can't really blame the guy for opting out. He was treated poorly, and he's obviously going to get a ton of money somewhere else. He's not to blame for our bad luck in October, but he always has to take the brunt of it all.

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Hmmmm........maybe to the Brewers???? :D 8)

3. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ther is no good news for Cubs fans........ever!

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    That's very true.

And i don't see him going to the Cubs. There's almost just as much pressure in Chicago for a guy like that than New York.

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yup....maybe a small market team, without so much pressure would be good for him.....like say, the Brewers??? :D

6. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Cubs are pretty much the only team he'd fit on, not to mention the fact that Lou Pinella is now the manager there. He's like a father-figure to A-Rod. The Red Sox said they aren't even touching him, and the Angels don't want anyone on their roster who makes more money than Vladmir Guerrero. The only other team that could spend the money would be the Marlins, but no one goes to their games and I doubt even A-Rod could draw a crowd for them. I could maybe see the Mets cause they are looking for a third baseman, but he'll probably want to go back to shortstop. I'm still hoping the Yankees pull their head out of their a**es and give him an offer.

7. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Unless the Cubs ownership situation is cleaned up soon, the Cubs ain't a player in this game.

Follow the money.. there are only a few clubs that can get into this high chip game.. my money says that even though Mike won the WS MVP.. Arod lands in Beantown.. just to piss off the Steinbooger's to the very end.

Even if the Brewers could get in this game, no way do I want this guy. Walking ego trip that we don't need. Focus on resigning the talent we have on this club..

PS.. my thanks go out to the Yanks,Cubs, Angels, Giants (bonds hefty contract) for increasing the shared revenue and still not winning the world series. :razz:

BTW.. screw Scott Boras, time for the owners to kick this punk out of the league..

8. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Boston's GM has already said they want nothing to do with A-Rod. Too much money. No one is going to be able to sign him for under $30 mil a year. I don't think even the Yankees would have signed him originally if Texas hadn't been picking up some of the tab. Now whoever signs him will have all $30 mil pulled straight from their own bank accounts. I think the only team on the brink that has basically nothing to lose by signing him would be the Cubs. If he gets them to a World Series, the GM and owners are heroes. If not, chaulk another one up to the curse. Also, like I mentioned, A-Rod will more than likely want to play shortstop again, and Lowell is at 3rd. He's not going to make that mistake again. Now, hopefully the Yankees use the money they would have spent on the rest of his contract and get some pitching, preferably pitchers not in their 40s.

Boston's payroll is second only to the Yankees, remember. Signing A-Rod might put them over, and I guarantee that's not something they want.

9. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am sorry but this alex guy is just waaaay too greedy and so is his agent. They better take their asking price down. I know he is great but damn. That's just not classy.