GOOD IN THE SACK ?

• Thread starter I_am_smoked_cheddar
  • Start date
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

This thread seeks statistics (past and present), opinions, and/or a favorite sack play. State your frustration/exuberation on this subject. Who is to be blamed/congratulated, the players, the coaches, management, the league ? :sneaky:

D

Dan115

I am 60 years old and got a27year old school teacher pregnant. While in the sack with her she told me I must be a rock star. A little while latter a34old told me I was a God to her. I have not been contacted by any coach or league official. I don't think I need any coaching at my age

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Very funny Dan, now that your LITTLE joke has been exposed. This thread will discuss the Packers pass rush and sack attack.
Reggie White was one of the best the NFL ever saw. Clay Matthews is very good, but a one note tune is soon discovered. Where are the blitz packages, the corner blitz, the safety blitz, etc. ? If this seasons defence is to complete the championship package then it must be championship quality. Is there a personal problem, or a coaching problem, or does the problem lie elsewhere. Is there a leadership problem on the field ? Stopping today's high powered offences requires a high powered response. How many seasons must we wait for this flower to bloom ?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The problem is this: We have one certified pass rusher with nobody to compliment CM3 on the other side or anywhere for that matter. If teams just have to keep an eye on CM3 and they know where the rush is coming from, that is an easy puzzle to solve. Until we get a threat off the other side our pass rush is basically non-existant.

H

HardRightEdge

For those of you who saw the recent "A Football Life" on ESPN, you'll know what I'm talking about. Otherwise:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Thomas wasn't much to speak of in the run game, especially in the back half of his career, but he may have been the best pure pass rusher to play the game. First step, lean, motor, swim move, power, strip...the total package. He got it done off the edge and stunting inside.

Neal Smith, his running mate and a sack collector himself, said that he'd quit watching the snap or listening to the count and just watch Thomas across the line and go when he went.

126 sacks in 11 seasons. I suppose others might have done better. However, throw in the 41 forced fumbles and his record is hard to beat over that length of career.

Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor were better all around players...the best front 7 players in the post-merger era. But we're talking pure pass rushers here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts