Good Game Packers

BayouCowboy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was excellent. I think you definitely have a capable replacement when Favre steps down. Favre was killing ya'll by forcing the ball downfield and I think we lost some intensity when he went out. I knew we'd have trouble stopping your spread offense and we actually did well until Favre went out.

The 1st TO catch was unfortunate for you guys because the 1st ref called forward progress before the other guy saw Harris strip the ball. If he blew the whistle or waved his arms like he did then the plays immediately over. That second PI call I think the ref trailing the play saw the hook on Austin and then he went down. Close call, but not unusual from most of the plays I've seen like it.

The game went the way I thought. Both defences struggled. Turnovers and penalties were huge. I still can't believe TO gaffed on that TD catch and blew what should have been a 5 TD, no INT performance by Romo.

Anyway, great game. Your players never quit and that shows you guys have a quality team. Hopefully we'll meet again with you guys at full strength. Good luck with the rest of the regular season.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Nice clean post and accurate.. well done.. Hats off to our team for the game they played and it was a pleasure conversing with you this week.

We will see you again I hope sometime this season.. get ready for round 2.

Excellent game... boy do I wish that game would have been in Lambeau.. even it up a little more. ;)

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks, Bayou. The Cowboys outplayed the Packers and deserve props. They had a great pass rush, and on offense, they had Owens run a lot of great routes to get open and exploit the middle of the field. And they put the Packers away with their running game on that last drive.

I think we will meet again in the playoffs, but for now, the Cowboys are #1 in the NFC. Congratulations to your team.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post, Bayou. Dallas oline was great tonight. Romo was getting all the time he needed. The Pack showed alot of potential despite injuries and a few questionable calls. Hopefully we'll meet again in the playoffs, except with a different outcome!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats Bayou.
Your right.........Harris had the ball, and the refs blew the call......again. They seem to do that alot......like the pass interference call that should never have been called. With all our injuries, and having to play against the refs too, we never had a chance.
Romo had great protection..........he had ALL DAY to throw. We got NO pressure on him.
My biggest concern is Favre's injury. Yes, he wasn't sharp tonight (but then it's hard to be, when your O-line lets you get slammed EVERY play).
Again........congrats on a HUGE win.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats Bayou.
Your right.........Harris had the ball, and the refs blew the call......again. They seem to do that alot......like the pass interference call that should never have been called. With all our injuries, and having to play against the refs too, we never had a chance.
Romo had great protection..........he had ALL DAY to throw. We got NO pressure on him.
My biggest concern is Favre's injury. Yes, he wasn't sharp tonight (but then it's hard to be, when your O-line lets you get slammed EVERY play).
Again........congrats on a HUGE win.

The oline has been banged up quite a bit the last few weeks. Tauscher has been playing hurt. Hopefully this long week will help everyone rest.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was excellent. I think you definitely have a capable replacement when Favre steps down. Favre was killing ya'll by forcing the ball downfield and I think we lost some intensity when he went out. I knew we'd have trouble stopping your spread offense and we actually did well until Favre went out.

The 1st TO catch was unfortunate for you guys because the 1st ref called forward progress before the other guy saw Harris strip the ball. If he blew the whistle or waved his arms like he did then the plays immediately over. That second PI call I think the ref trailing the play saw the hook on Austin and then he went down. Close call, but not unusual from most of the plays I've seen like it.

The game went the way I thought. Both defences struggled. Turnovers and penalties were huge. I still can't believe TO gaffed on that TD catch and blew what should have been a 5 TD, no INT performance by Romo.

Anyway, great game. Your players never quit and that shows you guys have a quality team. Hopefully we'll meet again with you guys at full strength. Good luck with the rest of the regular season.

Classy post and if the Cowboys and Pack play again I hope you return to the forum to offer your insight. Great game and hopefully we get to see round 2 in late January.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

classy post there, hopefully we'll get a rematch this year.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bayoucowboy: I have been impressed with your posts on Packer forum. You are welcome on this packerforum any time, as far as, I am concerned ,You are a real professional Football fan. I can give you the best compliment I can give a professional football fan . If you ever want a new Professional team to root for. There would be spot for you to be a Green Bay Packer fan.

I realized that there is great difference between Green Bay and Dallas franchise. The Packers are owned by 111,000 Packer fans and are located in Green Bay .Wi. population of 102,000 and have been in NFL since 1921 in smallest market in in the NFL. The Packers have won 12 NFL Championships Most of any NFL franchise.

Green Bay is very traditional NFL franchise but has no rich owner. Green Bay is more like a college town type of city. There is no glitz and glamour of huge metro area of Dallas with the Dallas Cowgirls cheerleaders, and future new Billion dollar Stadium. Green Bay is all about the game.

If things break right for both franchises, We will see round two of Packers -Cowboys '07 season series with NFC Championship on the line. The big prize- the right to meet the Patriots in the Super Bowl in '08.

PWT36 -Green Bay born and raised and Green Bay Packer fan since birth . I have memories of Green Bay Packers and the NFL since the mid 1940's and the Dallas Cowboys entry into the NFL in 1960.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the handshake I promised if we lost.

The Boys did what they needed to do going after Bush early.

We missed KGB a bunch. I think he could have gotten around that big #70 some and at least made Romo sweat a little.

We made it interesting there for awhile but didn't have the personnel to stay with them last night.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
come back next time bayou. you really "showed up" this week, which is more than i can say for the Packers O-line and defensive secondary!

OP
OP
B

BayouCowboy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bayoucowboy: I have been impressed with your posts on Packer forum. You are welcome on this packerforum any time, as far as, I am concerned ,You are a real professional Football fan. I can give you the best compliment I can give a professional football fan . If you ever want a new Professional team to root for. There would be spot for you to be a Green Bay Packer fan.

I realized that there is great difference between Green Bay and Dallas franchise. The Packers are owned by 111,000 Packer fans and are located in Green Bay .Wi. population of 102,000 and have been in NFL since 1921 in smallest market in in the NFL. The Packers have won 12 NFL Championships Most of any NFL franchise.

Green Bay is very traditional NFL franchise but has no rich owner. Green Bay is more like a college town type of city. There is no glitz and glamour of huge metro area of Dallas with the Dallas Cowgirls cheerleaders, and future new Billion dollar Stadium. Green Bay is all about the game.

If things break right for both franchises, We will see round two of Packers -Cowboys '07 season series with NFC Championship on the line. The big prize- the right to meet the Patriots in the Super Bowl in '08.

PWT36 -Green Bay born and raised and Green Bay Packer fan since birth . I have memories of Green Bay Packers and the NFL since the mid 1940's and the Dallas Cowboys entry into the NFL in 1960.
Thanks I appreciate that. You guys are a class act. As for switching loyalties that will never happen. I love your traditions at GB, but being a Cowboy is in my blood. I actually live in Louisiana, but when I was younger I lived in Dallas and was just a few houses down from Staubach in his glory days. I was in class with one of his daughters and he would come speak to our class from time to time. Truly one of the classiest players ever.

Your present and future is bright in GB. Rodgers scared the crap out of me and most of us Cowboys fans. I also thought we were going to fall apart after TO decided to lateral the ball to Harris. I know the ref calls sucked from your perspective. We've been on the wrong end of a lot of them this season. I really do hope we meet again because I think this game actually raised more question marks then it did answers. It's been great visiting with you guys and I may vistit during the season, but I will definitely be back if we meet in the playoffs.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
great contribution

y'know, ******* fans are the reason I am against teams like the Ravens and Eagles

but every Dallas fan I've met, even in the super bowl years, has a level head, maybe it's because they're like me and don't root for the local team, but I have nothing but respect for the Dallas org.

come back during the playoffs bayou

The_Butler_did_it

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look forward to hearing from you come playoff time. All I can say would echo previous comments so best wished to you Bayou.

Members online

Latest posts