Gonna watch the Denver\Pitt game?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone gonna watch tonights game to see what Denver has? I wanna see just how bad their run D really is. I want to see ol poopers run all over them.

What else is there to do on a boring bye week? Stupid boring bye week!

(davenport = poopers)

Reaction score
The Broncos are coming off a bye week, so I'll definitely be interested in seeing how the have adjusted their D to stop the run.

I heard on NFLN that the Broncos had 9 guys up in the box at times before the bye, and still couldn't stop the RB until he got 6-8 yard gains.

If true, that is REALLY sad.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah,

I will be watching the Denver game too gents, curious to know what we are up against. Like to hear your thoughts after the game,

Cheers

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm... so are the Broncos really this good or are Steelers not having a good night.

Denver isn't that good. Pitt's O-line is having major pass protection problems.... something we don't have to worry about.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Denver worries me. Pittsburgh's defense is the best in the league, and Cutler tore them apart.

We have yet to go against a QB with the velocity that Cutler has. And while Big Ben had a Big Day, he didn't have to go against Champ Bailey. We will.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Denver worries me. Pittsburgh's defense is the best in the league, and Cutler tore them apart.

We have yet to go against a QB with the velocity that Cutler has. And while Big Ben had a Big Day, he didn't have to go against Champ Bailey. We will.

Velocity is useless against our D when you have no mobility to escape our constant pressure. Cutler, while he did throw for 248 yds and 3 TDs, also threw 2 picks. He's actually thrown at least one pick in every single game that he's played this year.

Cutler doesn't scare me.

Pitt ran the ball 26 times for 99 yds. Not exactly attacking the team's weakness. Guarantee MM will.

Only thing that scares me about Denver this Monday night is me getting the crap kicked outta myself by drunk, bitter from the loss, toothless Broncos fans while I'm at Mile High.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If running the ball 26 times for 99 yards isn't attacking Denver's weakness, what is? Denver is dead last in rush defense, and 26 carries is more than any of our RB's have ever gotten.

GB is a passing team, and it's not going to be easy with the speed Denver has with their front seven. Their secondary is even more dangerous when Champ Bailey comes back.

And Bly--I don't remember a game where Favre hasn't thrown one directly to him.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pittsburgh is a running team. 26 carries isn't a lot for a team that specializes in it. It's kinda average. I'm just saying you gotta run the ball more when it's your biggest strength and their biggest weakness.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With apologies to our resident Steelers fan, I'm quite pleased the Broncos pulled it out tonight. I'd rather the Packers played a decent team fat and contented off of a win over a contender than a decent team desperate to turn around a 2-4 record.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember- Denver was coming off the bye week, and playing @ home. Next week it's gonna be us coming off the bye, and we've had all this time to rest & prepare for them. As good a time as any to take a win...

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely I'l be watching!! Davenport is my by week RB in fantasy. I always liked him in GB and glad he's a Steeler.

Tough loss for both of us PackinSteel. I despise seeing Shannahan run out to shake another coaches hand after he wins. He is a cheating, scumbag-ish, under achieving, over rated head coach. He always has a smug *** look on his face.

He has kind of a.... "I deserve a punch in the face" pompous look on his face when he runs out to center field to shake hands after a win.

I am sure he is a nice guy, and has a wonderful family. I just do not like him 16 Sundays a year.

Reaction score
I'm surprised that the Broncos have three straight home games. A rarity in today's NFL.

I happy that the Steelers decided to try and attack the Broncos D with their passing game, it should give our coaches some footage to look at, and get a better game plan in place.

Dre Bly is nursing an injury, and so is their top CB Champ Bailey. That should bode well for us coming off the bye.

Scheffler may pose some problems if they line him over Poppinga, but I saw Scheffler lining over the WLB mostly this game, and I think Hawk can hang with him. I think Scheffler may have gotten injured, so just more positive news for us.

Also, Bob Sanders is a disciple of Jim Bates. He should be able to give McCarthy a heads up about what his friend and former Packers' DC will likely be doing/thinking on Monday.

I would hope K-Rob could come into play for us. If we can get the run game going, and force the Broncos to play 8 in the box, 4 and 5 WR sets will thrive. There isn't a dime back (IMO) in this league that can cover K-Rob.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I'm surprised that the Broncos have three straight home games. A rarity in today's NFL.

When thinking of this, you didn't happen to review Buffalo, Dallas, New England, San Fransisco or Tennessee schedules huh? You could even throw in Miami and New York Jets in there because they play three home games in a row too, but after playing two home games in a row they have a BYE followed by a home game.

But I bet you knew that.

Reaction score
When thinking of this, you didn't happen to review Buffalo, Dallas, New England, San Fransisco or Tennessee schedules huh? You could even throw in Miami and New York Jets in there because they play three home games in a row too, but after playing two home games in a row they have a BYE followed by a home game.

But I bet you knew that.

Heh, believe it or not the fact that the Broncos were on a bye week slipped my mind at the time of that post. I was also working on my fantasy team in another window, and was contemplating whether or not to drop Turner to pick up another RB. Turner's stats against the Broncos were the main thing from making me drop him, and I thought that game had been last week, not two weeks ago like it really was.

I've brought up that the Broncos were on a bye week in a couple of other posts before, but oddly enough it just slipped my mind when I wrote that post last night.

Not sure what's with the attitude, but meh whatever.

Members online

Latest posts