Going to Green Bay

cdnpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't know where to put this and its not really Packer talk, so if the admins want to move it, thats cool, but we're headin down to Wisconsin late tonight for the game this weekend. :D It's my first Packer game and NFL game in general...wish the Pack were doing better, but oh well, I'm sure Lambeau is rockin either way. Lookin forward to checkin out the stadium, the shop, and of course the game. Go Packers :!:

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cdnpackfan said:
I didn't know where to put this and its not really Packer talk, so if the admins want to move it, thats cool, but we're headin down to Wisconsin late tonight for the game this weekend. :D It's my first Packer game and NFL game in general...wish the Pack were doing better, but oh well, I'm sure Lambeau is rockin either way. Lookin forward to checkin out the stadium, the shop, and of course the game. Go Packers :!:

Let this be a good one for you no matter what.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Packer fans 1st Packer game at Lambeau is an almost religious experience. You will truely enjoy yourself.
A win will make it extra special.
Don't miss out on Curly's Pub.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cdnpackfan said:

o yea it will be rockin not matter what. have a great time

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i went to the mon.nite game v.s. minn. i stayed at a hojo in oshkosh. i got to lambeau at 4:00 p.m. for the 8:00 p.m. game. the parking lot was packed and partying-hard at 4. the lot was nuts after the game, the bars were packed aftrewards, the lounge in the hojo was nuts till 2:30 a.m.

you couldn't tell if the GBP were 2-8 or 8-2!

enjoy, and don't forget your camera!

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking of going to the Monday Nighter in Baltimore, in case Favre does pack it in after the season. I'd hate to never see the man play live.

Heelntoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My first game ever was GB vs Wash Monday night in '83. I was 14, dad picked one heck of a game to take me and a friend to. I had to run to the bathroom in the 3rd qtr and missed two scores. I heard the fans go crazy and I'm going, "Oh man, Oh man, I missing it!"

Enjoy the trip and yell like a madman! They need all the help they can get.

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heelntoe said:
My first game ever was GB vs Wash Monday night in '83. I was 14, dad picked one heck of a game to take me and a friend to. I had to run to the bathroom in the 3rd qtr and missed two scores. I heard the fans go crazy and I'm going, "Oh man, Oh man, I missing it!"

Was it really a "m" or did you use a "p"? :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cdn.....have fun. My Only Packer game AT Lambeau was Favre vs. Marino, but to be honest it didn't matter who they played. Just being there was surreal.

BTW....I have rarely heard anyone say they were going DOWN t o Wisconsin!

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heelntoe said:

That game still holds the record for the most points scored on a Monday Night Football game. I didn't go(watched it on tv) but I did buy the program at Packer City Antiques store. What a game, no defence by either team and Washington almost pulled it out at the end with a FG.

Hey cdn, have fun, check out Fuzzys Bar the night before, He's usually there and some older players as well(check out all the (Packer)licensed plates from everywhere, encircling the ceiling as well as player autographs and writings on the walls. If you have transportation, drive by Lombardi's old house, or visit his old office which I think is still located inside the Glory Days restaurant and bar. Check out the white pages in your hotel room book for names of old players still living in the area.(Rays's name use to be in there and I always tore out that page cause I thought that was pretty unique.(I guess people used to call him and his wife would say, "hold on, I'll get Ray", and he would actually talk for a bit.) Also look at the yellow pages under "antiques" for the new location of Packer City Antiques. ( I believe it's called something else now but located by the Staium now(StadiumCityAntiques?) Great old collectible's in there from old & new shoes, uni's that are game worn, pins, penants , programs, you name it. Of course the HOF( a must see!), Curley's, and other sights within the stadium. Brett Favres restaurant. Old city Stadium. This will be your "Mecca"! Enjoy! :Canada:

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JD4shizzle said:
I'm thinking of going to the Monday Nighter in Baltimore, in case Favre does pack it in after the season. I'd hate to never see the man play live.

i just can't see brett favre going out like this, imho, #4 will be back next year! :lol:

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You will reach the apex of your life coming out of the concourse into the seats. Your eyes will tear and your heart will race and you'll realize theres no better place on the face of the earth. I went to 3 games and the emotions get better every time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wish i could go to a packer game... i envy you all :x ... and worship you at the same time :bow:

and yes... favre will be back... he's the kinda guy that wants to go out in a bang instead of a... 2-10 season. :whippin: maybe untill he gets another ring.

OP
OP
C

cdnpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys, we just got back tonight. Even though I went to the stadium more than once, I still didn't get to check out everything here listed :lol:

It was awesome though! Pulled up at Lambeau on Friday I believe it was, and right when we got there some players were coming outta the stadium heading to practice. We didn't really talk to any though, they were just leaving and doing there thing, but it was still cool to see right when you get there. Nall seemed friendly, as did Gado who actually stopped and talked a bit and signed some stuff for some guy that was waiting there. Seems like a cool dude. Then we got a tour right after, that was awesome. Got to go out the players tunnel, and see parts of the stadium.

Then of course the game itself, it was a great time...glad to see a win! Got there at like 3:30-4, somewhere in there and hung out for a bit. It was a cold night (and I thought I'd be tough and used to this cold, but it was still freakin freezing :D ).

The crowd was loud and intense. I thought maybe it would be a bit louder at times, but it still was a pretty crazy atmosphere with very passionite fans. Everywhere you went you saw packer stuff and stores/ads, it was awesome. Packers news is everywhere and the fans were very knowledgeable . If you're a football fan its definately worth going, and if your a Packer fan...well thats a major bonus :p

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cdnpackfan...

I agree about the noise...typically, Packers games are quieter and more subdued...esp. compared to a Badger's game. When I go to the games, I'm typically pretty quiet because I'm trying to observe things I don't typically see on TV, like how holes open in the o-line, receivers down field, safeties shifting etc, so I typically don't go there just to cheer my **** off....maybe that applies for other fans too?

I'm not trying to downplay the experience...that is awesome...just a little quieter than many may expect.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
me personally, when i go to packer games, i get as loud and crazy as i possible can. i always loose my voice and am hoarse the next day.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
musccy said:
cdnpackfan...

I agree about the noise...typically, Packers games are quieter and more subdued...esp. compared to a Badger's game. When I go to the games, I'm typically pretty quiet because I'm trying to observe things I don't typically see on TV, like how holes open in the o-line, receivers down field, safeties shifting etc, so I typically don't go there just to cheer my **** off....maybe that applies for other fans too?

I'm not trying to downplay the experience...that is awesome...just a little quieter than many may expect.

I tend to do that myself..I enjoy seeing the entire play develop and you can not see that on T.V. But I will scream and yell as loud as I can during the right times...

I too will loose my voice and be hoarse for about 2 days...LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts