1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Going to GB today!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Freeway3137, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Freeway3137

Freeway3137 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey guys I usually come by and read topics just rarely evere post... I hope this is the right place to post this...

Well anyways today is my first time ever going to an NFL game!! YES THE PACKERSS!!! and get this.... FOR FREE!!! WOOT

Well anyways I'm working till 3 and I am going to be rushing up to GB from Waukesha today and I was just wondering if any one had any advice on which highway to take up there.

41 or 43?

I used to take 41 to Appleton all the time but I am wondering which hwy would be less congested??? I plan on taking 41 unless someone can tell me which would be better??

Thanks! :beersign:

2. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  3. Freeway3137

Freeway3137 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Is 43 a 3 lane all the way up??

4. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i'm not sure. most people like 43 cause they say its faster. I live real close to you, i usually take 41 to be honest. 41 then exit on lombardi ave. its the easiest.

5. Freeway3137

Freeway3137 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Yea same here, I like taking 164 to 41 because I like the country feel of it.

6. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    me too, I live in Wauk. County

7. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Take 41, you're about two hours away. You can find parking along the side streets and walk to the stadium. Have fun. I wish I were going.

8. Freeway3137

Freeway3137 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks guys!! I'm so pumped!!!!

9. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bring your rain gear it it supposed to pour outside.

10. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Have a great time newbee, take in the best football environment I have ever been too... I was in Michigan back in the early 90's for a Badger game and in Arrowhead for a Raider game some years back. Both venues were close but didn't match Lambeau in intensity.

Stay warm :thumbsup:

11. Rios39

Rios39 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wish I could go. I love on the east side of Canada. Have NEVER been to a packer game but try to watch as many games as I can. I've been a packers fan (legit hardcore fan) since about 1995-1996. I remember dominating the playoffs the year we lost to Denver and I had no real thought of the packers losing the way they sliced through the playoffs into the superbowl and winning it the year before. When we lost that game It was one of the toughest loses I've ever watched in any sport.

I'd like to see the Packers get back what was lost. I can't believe how long ago that was though. Favre was just into his prime back then and now there talk of him retiring. I must say if you never seen Favre play in those years, you probably missed watching one of the best QB's ever.

Anyways go pack go!