1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Going to Evel Knievel's funeral

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by MontanaBob, Dec 5, 2007.

1. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Gotta have some fun in my life so we're going Monday to Butte to go to the funeral of Evel Knievel. So is 50% of Montana. This should be better than St. Patricks Day in Butte, which is the biggest legalized drunken party in the state.
    Actually, my wife's family knows the Knievel family and I had the fortune (thought my life was ending at age 44) to hop on the back of a cycle with Evel himself and went for a ride around Butte with him. When he took off down Park St heading east at about 80 mph I thought, "Oh ****, he's gonna try to jump the Berkely Pit." It's two miles across and one mile deep and now filled with toxic water from the remains of the mining operation there.
    He stopped before we became airborn and we turned around and went to the famous M&M bar and had a few.
    That was the last time I saw him in person, but I've seen his son Robbie a few times since then.
    If I'm not online Tuesday I'm either hung over or tried to jump the Pit in honor of Evel. :lol:

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    what a ride LOL

I heard a clip of him on the Jim Rome show...Best part was when Rome asked why did he try to jump the Snake River all Evil said was..

Do you know who the hell I am?

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Wow Bob...............seems you know more and more celebrities! Man.....it must have been SWEET to ride with Evel!!! And to toss back a few with him!
    He was a colorful person! I recently watched a special on his life.........he was someone you wanted as a friend, NOT an enemy!
    Please pay my respects to his family for me!

4. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I will do that Cheesey. And maybe toss a few for old times sake. They are expecting 10,000 people inside the Butte Civic Center, and about 35,000 to line the funeral/parade route around town to the cemetary.
    The neat thing about this guy, even with all the not so good stuff he did, was that if you met him once, you were a lifelong friend. He always went out of his way to greet you and spend time talking with you like you were a life long pal.

5. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Evel was cool. Seeing that he came from Montana just made him even more cool. Never met a man from Montana I didn't get along with.

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks Bob! I have alot of good memories of watching him do his jumps when i was a kid. He really knew how to hype what he was doing, and he was the best at it!