Going Forward

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thoughts:

The Pack will draft BPA, and I hope it is OL, CB, OLB, or WR help.

I hope Nelson and especially Jones spend about 50 hrs per week on the JUGS machine during this offseason.

More Packers will get into the Probowl next year. Williams, Rodgers, Hawk, Sitton, Jennings, Woodson, Finley, Collins, and Raji are all good bets for next year.

The core of this team will remain intact for another 2 years. The only significant losses will be Driver and Woodson. I expect Hawk to rework his contract. If Thompson can find another CB and a WR in that time, the Packers can be very strong for the next 6 or 7 years. I like those odds. I'm not worried about losing Jenkins. I think we already have guys on the roster in Neal and Wilson who are going to step to the plate.

Can you imagine how much better the Packers will be next season with Finley, Neal, Bennet, Jones and Grant back from IR? Also, Jolly may be back from suspension, and rookies Shields, Bulaga, and Bennet will have a full year in off-season work. Throw in late-season LB addition Waldon getting an offseason as well, not to mention another batch of draft picks and you have to think the Packers are coming back significantly better next season.

MM's best coaching trait may be 'keeping his team focused'. The entire team remained focused, even with the loss of 2 key veteran leaders in Woodson and Driver. They didn't panic and maintained their poise when the Steelers mounted a comeback. For this reason, I think the Packers stand a decent chance of repeating next season. I do not expect a Superbowl Hangover. Also, this probably isn't satisfying to the IR guys. There are enough of them to will keep the team motivated so that they can experience the high of winning the SB.

Members online

Latest posts