Gleeful Gary's Post Combine Mock

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All you other cool kids are doing it, so I've gotta. The first few rounds are just players that I really like. They're "my guys". So, now for the moment you've all been waiting for!

1) Denzel Mims - WR - Baylor
6'3 207 4.38 40, 6.66 3-cone, 38.5" vertical, 34" arms.

He can run past ya! He can catch over you! Ask him what his favorite part of his game is, and he'll tell you it's run blocking. If you aren't in love yet, I can't help you. He's a freak, and he's good. Pray this happens, so I can become MajesticMims...or MarvelousMims.

2) Ben Bartch - OT - St. John's (MN)

WHO? That's right. D3 prospect in round 2 baby! Former TE converted into an OT. Smooth, smooth, feet. Good strength, he can handle the moment. He needs a year or so of seasoning, so bring Bulaga back, but Bartch is a 10 year starter eventually.

3) Logan Wilson - ILB - Wyoming

WE GOT US A COWBOYYYYY! But the good kind, don't worry.

Continuing, Wilson is a 6'2 240 LB who ran a 4.63 at the combine. I'll be honest, I'm a huge fan of Wilson. I think he's currently the best coverage LB in the draft. Queen and Murray might have more potential, but Wilson is better than them in coverage right now. He had 10 picks over his career, including 4 last year, and he is excellent in zone drops. Didn't see a ton of man, mainly short routes, but he's got the speed and agility to do it. Now, he's also good against the run. Not great at taking blocks on, but acceptable. Good tackler. He's my LB3. I'd be fine if we took him at #62, tbh.

4) Van Jefferson - WR - Florida

A smooth operator from the slot, Jefferson is probably a day one starter. So why does he slide? He's slot only, he's 24, and he's got limited athleticism. But great route runner, has just enough juice, and he just gets open. Safety valve for Rodgers all game long.

5) Tyler Clark - iDL - Gawgia

I'm quickly losing interest, per usual. Sounds like he's good against the run. We need that. Cool. Moving on.

6) Lavert Hill - CB - Michigan

Sounds good. Don't know much. Again, I don't care about these rounds. Who has the energy?!

6) DeeJay Dallas - RB - MIAMUH

As my devoted followers here know, I gotta get a Miami boi in here. Dallas has acceptable speed, decent quicks, good hands, good blocker, good vision. Try hard player. There's nothing he cannot do. Had an awful OL in college.

6) Charlie Tauimunipeia - TE - Portland State

Did I spell that right? Are we still here? Anyways, he's an H-Back. Cool.

7) Robert Windsor - iDL - Penn State

I have no idea what I'm doing at this point. Somebody save me.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilson has been battling for that top of Tier 2 ILBs I've been a fan of. If coverage style leaning is how we desire to go he is the no brainer 3rd-4th round should we go ILB. There are others that shed blocks better and tackle better that will go 3rd-4th BUT I could make the argument NONE are better in coverage as you said.

Bartch many will peg a reach...and there could be some justification for it at where you picked him, but he has been on my radar as well I just don't think he goes till Round 3...but I wouldn't be upset should we go with him earlier depending who else is out there.

Everyone knows I'm a Charlie T fan from Portland State so I love the pick...I only didn't include him in my last mock because after his ridiculous combine measurables I think more know of him than before now and I was a 6th or later guy on him. Happy for him, I think 5th round is where he goes now and I had other higher rated targets there than him sadly.

Kudos, realistic...no unreasonable drops that we pick like many mocks include. I wouldn't be disappointed with this draft at all.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I really love the Deejay Dallas pick! Also a big fan of Ben Bartch, but think the 2nd is a little too early for him. I do not like Mims at #30 overall. While he was a beast at the combine, I still have him as my 7th ranked WR. I like him at 62, hate him at 30.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of good players that fit a lot of needs. Seems like a few slight reaches, but well done none the less.

Dont know enough about Wilson. Will have to take another look.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
There are developmental OT prospects in this class that I prefer over the former Johnny. But otherwise, this is a sweet lineup of prospects.

Assuming that this scenario has them signing a FA corner?

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are developmental OT prospects in this class that I prefer over the former Johnny. But otherwise, this is a sweet lineup of prospects.

Assuming that this scenario has them signing a FA corner?

That's more than fair on Bartch.

Yeah, there just weren't any CB's I liked that much past round 3, and I wasn't willing to give up those first 3 picks.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of good players that fit a lot of needs. Seems like a few slight reaches, but well done none the less.

Dont know enough about Wilson. Will have to take another look.

Wilson is one of my favorite LB prospects of the past few drafts. The man just gets it done.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really love the Deejay Dallas pick! Also a big fan of Ben Bartch, but think the 2nd is a little too early for him. I do not like Mims at #30 overall. While he was a beast at the combine, I still have him as my 7th ranked WR. I like him at 62, hate him at 30.

I personally can't imagine Mims is there at 62, but I suppose it's possible.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilson has been battling for that top of Tier 2 ILBs I've been a fan of. If coverage style leaning is how we desire to go he is the no brainer 3rd-4th round should we go ILB. There are others that shed blocks better and tackle better that will go 3rd-4th BUT I could make the argument NONE are better in coverage as you said.

Bartch many will peg a reach...and there could be some justification for it at where you picked him, but he has been on my radar as well I just don't think he goes till Round 3...but I wouldn't be upset should we go with him earlier depending who else is out there.

Everyone knows I'm a Charlie T fan from Portland State so I love the pick...I only didn't include him in my last mock because after his ridiculous combine measurables I think more know of him than before now and I was a 6th or later guy on him. Happy for him, I think 5th round is where he goes now and I had other higher rated targets there than him sadly.

Kudos, realistic...no unreasonable drops that we pick like many mocks include. I wouldn't be disappointed with this draft at all.

Thanks, especially on the realistic part! Every mock always has, imo, good players dropping way farther than they should. So even if I like them, like say Jordan Elliott in the 4th, I'm not making that pick because it just seems so unlikely to me.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the picks, Gary. I think Wilson is going to be a better pro player with better teammates around him, similar to the likes of Cory Littleton and Darius Leonard (aint saying he is, saying he can be, we see it all the time). Sometimes we get infatuated with a prospect (their athleticism, size, comparing to top peers coming out that were in great systems) that we forget to project how they will do in the pros. Another prospect that others have talked about is Dante Olson. I liked him before the combine and that 42-vert damn bruh
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the picks, Gary. I think Wilson is going to be a better pro player with better teammates around him, similar to the likes of Cory Littleton and Darius Leonard (aint saying he is, saying he can be, we see it all the time). Sometimes we get infatuated with a prospect (their athleticism, size, comparing to top peers coming out that were in great systems) that we forget to project how they will do in the pros. Another prospect that others have talked about is Dante Olson. I liked him before the combine and that 42-vert damn bruh
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I truly want to like Olson, but I can't.

For starters, I hate the Griz. And their overinflated stats counters. I watched Olson a lot, and he got wrecked by my alma mater. A complete non-factor despite 15 tackles (sound familiar?!). Plus he tested weak and ran a freaking 4.9 40. Can't play LB in the NFL at that speed.

Also, the Griz suck. ESG GCG!!

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A complete non-factor despite 15 tackles (sound familiar?!).
Sounds familiar.. but I can't remember... ;) *ACHOO (Barnett to present).
But yeah I agree that 4.8-4.9 speed is suspicious.
TBH I really thought Jordyn Brooks was going to run 4.7-4.8 too but 4.5 i'll take that.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks, especially on the realistic part! Every mock always has, imo, good players dropping way farther than they should. So even if I like them, like say Jordan Elliott in the 4th, I'm not making that pick because it just seems so unlikely to me.

YUP! Which is why I think anyone looking at the top tier ILBs of Queen and Murray any longer is just lying to themselves. We are going to end up with the likes of Dye, Wilson or Phillips in my opinion. Add a few others in as well, but you get my point.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like it! I would love Van Jefferson in the 4th round but i really doubt he makes it out of round 3. Mims at the end of the first would be terrific, he tore up the corners at the Senior Bowl and just posted some of the more amazing speed and explosion stats at the position at the combine, showing his production/skills aren't just a product of playing in the Big 12. While Mims might not be as productive a rookie WR as a guy like Jefferson, I think Mims has the tools and potential to be a much better overall WR in a couple of years compared to Jefferson (note, I think Jefferson will be a very good slot WR in the NFL I just think that Mims can be an elite outside WR).

Bartch, I'll be honest, don't know much about him. My main concern in drafting him to play tackle is that he has REALLY short arms for the position. However, according to mockdraftable, his closest NFL comparison is Bryan Bulaga (granted, that's based only on height, weight, arm length, and hand size) and PFF him as their 57th rated draft prospect, so I trust those two things more than me just measuring his arms.

Wilson in the third is a bit of a reach in my opinion. Despite what many seem to think after watching Martinez for a couple of seasons, unless you have the chance to draft an elite off-ball linebacker in the first 10 picks, teams can wait until late to find solid starters and Wilson just doesn't seem to offer enough upside to take him in the third round.

Van Jefferson is actually a guy I would be happy for the team to take in place of Wilson in the 3rd because I doubt Van makes it past the 3rd round/upper 4th. He's an elite college route runner, great hands, gives good effort in run blocking, and could easily develop into an elite #3 WR or solid #2 WR in a season or two.

Once you get into round 5, the team is really just drafting kick coverage, potential guys and so much of that comes down to the rest of the draft board that I generally find any analysis past round 4 to be kind of pointless (though highly entertaining!). Overall, I would be very happy with this draft and ecstatic if they replaced Wilson with Van Jefferson in the third.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GleefulGary,

I can see Logan in the third. On every board I've seen he is rated higher than Jordyn Brooks out of Texas Tech who is the guy I would pick in the third, but if Brooks was gone I'd be very happy with Wilson. Lavert Hill of this year's crop of Michigan DBs I like him the best, I would've preferred Lewis who I think came out last year, but Hill would be a solid pick for depth.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty good mock.
Mimms and Wilson are 2 of my favorite players in the draft based on where they are expected to fly off the board.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All you other cool kids are doing it, so I've gotta. The first few rounds are just players that I really like. They're "my guys". So, now for the moment you've all been waiting for!

3) Logan Wilson - ILB - Wyoming

WE GOT US A COWBOYYYYY! But the good kind, don't worry.

Continuing, Wilson is a 6'2 240 LB who ran a 4.63 at the combine. I'll be honest, I'm a huge fan of Wilson. I think he's currently the best coverage LB in the draft. Queen and Murray might have more potential, but Wilson is better than them in coverage right now. He had 10 picks over his career, including 4 last year, and he is excellent in zone drops. Didn't see a ton of man, mainly short routes, but he's got the speed and agility to do it. Now, he's also good against the run. Not great at taking blocks on, but acceptable. Good tackler. He's my LB3. I'd be fine if we took him at #62, tbh.

My question is just about this part so it's all I quoted.
I'm guessing you have Simmons as your LB1, but who do you have between him and Wilson, Queen or Murray or some one else?

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My question is just about this part so it's all I quoted.
I'm guessing you have Simmons as your LB1, but who do you have between him and Wilson, Queen or Murray or some one else?

I always forget that Simmons is actually a LB. So in that case, Wilson is LB4. One could argue that Jeremy Chinn could be in that conversation as well, I think. I'm admittedly higher on Wilson than consensus. I also like Malik Harrison, Jordan Brooks.

Simmons
Queen
Murray
Wilson

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always forget that Simmons is actually a LB. So in that case, Wilson is LB4. One could argue that Jeremy Chinn could be in that conversation as well, I think. I'm admittedly higher on Wilson than consensus. I also like Malik Harrison, Jordan Brooks.

Simmons
Queen
Murray
Wilson

Well in that case I'm with you I also have Wilson as my LB4.

Last edited:

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, there just weren't any CB's I liked that much past round 3, and I wasn't willing to give up those first 3 picks.

You might want to take a look at Reggie Robinson II, CB, Tulsa.
He's projected to go somewhere around round 6 and he could be a real steal in the draft.
To be honest I have no idea why he's not projected to go higher other than Tulsa being a smaller school maybe.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You might want to take a look at Reggie Robinson II, CB, Tulsa.
He's projected to go somewhere around round 6 and he could be a real steal in the draft.
To be honest I have no idea why he's not projected to go higher other than Tulsa being a smaller school maybe.

Yes! I've discovered him since this mock. He seems to be good. Can't imagine he goes later than 4.

I'm still hoping Amik Robertson drops due to his size. He can ball.

Members online

Latest posts