glad we have Hawk

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With some San Fran writers comparing Vernon Davis' mouth to Terrell Owens, I'm glad that the Packs drafted A.J. Hawk last year.
Davis in Green Bay would had been a nightmare.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's already talking and hasn't done squat. Wait until he starts scoring. I can't stand ****** like that. I'll take Driver and Jennings all day.

They're humble people. Too truly succeed you have to be humble.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Hawk is a beast! I'm glad I was wrong in my prediction in the article I wrote that you all read that stated we would select Vernon Davis if he was available.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk sounds like he's gotten loads better too...which is kinda scary cuz he was already good. Now he's reading things well, running over RBs, deflecting balls,etc....

I pity the NFC North's offensive units.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously. All this Jennings-only manlove on this forum, but Hawk deserves the lion's share of that.

Maybe it's cause he looks like that guy from the 80's movies, with the 3 foot forehead.... someone help me out here. Who's that ugly guy from the 80's?

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Seriously. All this Jennings-only manlove on this forum, but Hawk deserves the lion's share of that.

Maybe it's cause he looks like that guy from the 80's movies, with the 3 foot forehead.... someone help me out here. Who's that ugly guy from the 80's?

Rocky Dennis and I seriously do not care what Hawk looks like as long as he puts RBs and QBs on their ***** come gametime.

OP
OP
B

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where are all the newspaper writers now that wanted the Pack to draft Davis so badly?

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

Rocky Dennis and I seriously do not care what Hawk looks like as long as he puts RBs and QBs on their ***** come gametime.

Awesome. Mad props to Cory. If I had e-hands I'd give you some dapp right now.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad we didn't get VD either... watching Hawk blow backs up this year will be a beautiful thing.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in the Bay Area and have been to about three of the Niners' camps.

Vernon Davis is A LOT better. His route-running is clean, he's developing chemistry with Alex Smith, and his blocking is MONSTROUS. No other TE I've seen has handled blocks as cleanly as he has in a full pad practice--and the 49er defense is as just as much a sleeper as ours.

He may be talking, but I think he'll be walking the walk soon enough.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im glad we have Hawk to because i would rather have him or Davis. Plus Davis said thank god the packers didnt draft him because he didnt want to play for us.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get plenty of wear outta my AJ #50 jersey, hes gonna Pro Bowl this year definitely, its funny now how our D is actuall competing with each other, like with Hawk and Barnett for top tackler, the DB's for picks and the DL for reps. Its all very good and it should drive them forward.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
If they are worried about it, then something in how he acts is leading the 49er's to think that way. Glad he isn't here... along with TO & Shockey.

49ers | Team trying to prevent V. Davis from acting like T. Owens
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 22:09:58 -0700

Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports the San Francisco 49ers are attempting to prevent TE Vernon Davis from hitting the same pitfalls former 49ers WR Terrell Owens, currently with the Dallas Cowboys, hit. Davis is very receptive to hearing cautionary stories from those within the organization. There are questions on how Davis will handle any success he has in the NFL.

Members online

Latest posts