1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Glad we drafted AJ, V. Davis didn't want to be a Packer.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Buckeyepackfan, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Packers | Thompson brushes off V. Davis' comments
    Mon, 8 May 2006 21:28:48 -0700

Bob McGinn, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson brushed off San Francisco 49ers TE Vernon Davis' comments about the team. During his press conference after being selected by the 49ers with the No. 6 overall pick, Davis said, "It's a pleasure to be here. I've always wanted to come here. I was sitting at the table yesterday and Green Bay was up and I was telling my agent, 'I hope Green Bay doesn't take me. I definitely don't want to go there. But the 49ers came around and it was just amazing knowing I was going to be a 49er." Thompson said, "We don't take any particular offense to that. People say things. If we had taken him he would have been happy coming here. But I can't speak for him."

2. nathanielgreenwood

nathanielgreenwood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    people say things in the heat of the moment. I guess this was just an attempt to write off a team that rejected him !

3. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe he's a little light in his loafers, not that there's anything wrong with that!

4. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    for sure. and personally, i can't conceive of a player who'd want to go to SF at this time. they're a mess. It was an absolute fluke that we had such a poor record last year but it brought us AJ Hawk and i am definitely happy about that.

5. hoos

hoos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it. Nonetheless, I'd still have AJ bumping him EVERY PLAY on Dec 10th when we go to SF.

6. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh boy! I hope he is happy with that top notch team that he was drafted on ;)

7. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was trying to convey how happy he was to be in SF and not dissing GB, but is not quite articulate enough do do so without sounding like a jerk.

8. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    what was his wonderlic? hahaha

9. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.