Glad we drafted AJ, V. Davis didn't want to be a Packer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers | Thompson brushes off V. Davis' comments
Mon, 8 May 2006 21:28:48 -0700

Bob McGinn, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson brushed off San Francisco 49ers TE Vernon Davis' comments about the team. During his press conference after being selected by the 49ers with the No. 6 overall pick, Davis said, "It's a pleasure to be here. I've always wanted to come here. I was sitting at the table yesterday and Green Bay was up and I was telling my agent, 'I hope Green Bay doesn't take me. I definitely don't want to go there. But the 49ers came around and it was just amazing knowing I was going to be a 49er." Thompson said, "We don't take any particular offense to that. People say things. If we had taken him he would have been happy coming here. But I can't speak for him."

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for sure. and personally, i can't conceive of a player who'd want to go to SF at this time. they're a mess. It was an absolute fluke that we had such a poor record last year but it brought us AJ Hawk and i am definitely happy about that.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it. Nonetheless, I'd still have AJ bumping him EVERY PLAY on Dec 10th when we go to SF.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was trying to convey how happy he was to be in SF and not dissing GB, but is not quite articulate enough do do so without sounding like a jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts