Giving some well earned props to Al...

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Al Harris has never been handed anything. He has worked hard and earned every dollar he has made as a Pro, just as he has earned every minute of playing time he has been on the field.

Despite knowing this, I was worried when Al started popping off about being underpaid and chose not to show up for OTA's. I really started to worry (or at least question) when he hinted at possibly holding out -- actually sending mixed/contradictory messages about his plans.

However, since day one of training camp the old Al Harris has shown up everyday. In fact, if you watch the secondary each day in practice it is no wonder that Al questions Woodson making so much more money then him. So far in camp, Al has clearly shown himself to be the best and most consistent CB and far and away its best leader. In addition to consistently doing his job, he is constantly teaching the younger players the little things that will help them take their game to the next level. Better yet he leads by example.

I know it is easy for fans to get pissed off about the business side of this game, especially when the media reports things in ways that seem to imply that players are letting their egos drive their negotiating stance. I know I was getting drawn into this one.

I am not trying to insert myself into Al's contract situation -- that is between him, his agent and management. Rather I am simply being fair in giving props to a man who gathers respect the old fashion way -- he earns it.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
[/img]

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OH MAN! IVE BEEN LOOKIN FOR THAT PICTURE FOREVER!!!!!!! THANKS BRUCE@

and yeah, al harris is the coolest, even though the above picture gave favre a heart attack when it was happening live.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, at least he didn't hold the ball up over his head while there were still defenders in front of him, like Antonio Freeman did that one time.

I'm glad to hear that Harris is doing well in training camp, and I would like to see him get a new contract during the season. The irony is that he needs Woodson to play well so opposing QB's will throw in his direction more often and give him opportunities for interceptions.

Reaction score
Bruce, how would you respond to the statement that Lionel Washington is a big reason in why Harris has become the player he is?

You are right, that in the end Harris worked his butt off, but I've heard Washington was a big factor initally.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts