Give Sam Shields a grade for kick returns for niners game.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
B- = minus because he botched a catch, but recovered well. The speed.... it's scary.

I hope we shape up our ST's down the stretch or next season because IMHO, he will be the next Devin Hester. The niners wanted no part of him.

MagicFubu

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll agree... B-

Yeah, he botched a catch, but considering (from my understanding) that he's been out for a couple of years, I think I can give him a pass for the game. Starks > Grant, IMO, and is at least as good as Hester on returns.

And seeing his 18 rushes for 79 yards... Great to see a beginning to the run game again.

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll agree... B-

Yeah, he botched a catch, but considering (from my understanding) that he's been out for a couple of years, I think I can give him a pass for the game. Starks > Grant, IMO, and is at least as good as Hester on returns.

And seeing his 18 rushes for 79 yards... Great to see a beginning to the run game again.

And the best part about Starks' runs was that they were at the point of the game where the niners knew we were going to run and he still picked up positive yardage. Im loving me some Starks!!!

As for Shields I agree with both of you on the B-. His speed makes everyone else look like they are running in slow mo