Gilmore released

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
That's interesting. So, Jaylon Smith and Stephen Gilmore are available. I feel like with Alexander certain to miss a bit of time Gilmore should be brought in. Our ILB core could use a boost too. Both players seem to have some baggage. I would still be pretty happy if they brought these players in. I would be thrilled about Gilmore. I feel like this isn't something the Packer do though. We will probably just rely on "next man up".

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would be nice if they got both… but watch the Bucs get Gilmore. I feel like that’s what’s gonna happen lmao

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That's interesting. So, Jaylon Smith and Stephen Gilmore are available. I feel like with Alexander certain to miss a bit of time Gilmore should be brought in. Our ILB core could use a boost too. Both players seem to have some baggage. I would still be pretty happy if they brought these players in. I would be thrilled about Gilmore. I feel like this isn't something the Packer do though. We will probably just rely on "next man up".
Jaylon wants to come here

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The issue will be cap space, especially if Green Bay hopes to get a deal with Davante Adams, and not too far down the road Jaire Alexander and Elgton Jenkins. And others.

I'd love to have Gilmore in the fold, but I don't know how doable that is.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Jaire comes back this season, Jaylon is the better addition for the end and playoffs IMO, Gilmore is the best addition for the coming weeks.

One thing to keep in mind, until 4PM the release is not official. Gute could easily call the Patriots and offer a trade.

China Gage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From my understanding, the Cowboys are on the hook for Jaylon's full salary & LTF keeps saying he wants to come to Green Bay.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I haven't seen any rationale for why the Patriots released him.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tyni, by your rationale the pack will not even talk to Gilmore. The earliest he could play is week 7.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol @ anyone thinking the Packers will do anything “splashy” in season

With only 7 million available and probably needing another 2-3 just to get thru the season with bargain replacements for any injuries or just elevating from the PS I would definitely keep expectations tempered for the remainder of the season :)

Though I can see a contract with J. Smith to bring him here that is doable, that would be rather splashy I think.

Members online

Latest posts