Giants the dirtiest team in the league

Tylaa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not good to see some people still haven't matured in the NFL team, even if there more-so on the Giants team.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The zebras better get on top of this crap real quick.
I know our guys won't back down but it's always the player who retaliates who gets the flag.
Hopefully the fans will exert some influence when they see it happening.
No doubt in my mind that they will try to take Favre out.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The zebras better get on top of this crap real quick.
I know our guys won't back down but it's always the player who retaliates who gets the flag.
Hopefully the fans will exert some influence when they see it happening.
No doubt in my mind that they will try to take Favre out.

Edgar Bennett won't let them take Favre out. If we keep a RB back, Favre will be fine.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the cheap shot Kampman took fires him up and he creams Eli into the ground 10 times of course making Eli fumble it and the Packers recover it all 10 times!!

Leek21

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What a load of BS that article is.

There might have been a cheapshot on Kapman but to call the Giants a dirty team is ridiculous.

Surprisngly Green Bay's defense ranks number 1 in penalty yards!!
Giants defense ranks 5th.

Maybe the it is the Giants offense that 'plays dirty' ?

Surprisingly again Green Bay's offense ranks number 2 in penalty yards!!!
Giants offense ranks 21st in penalty yards.

Giants are not a dirty team. On occassion Pierce might pile on, or Wilson might drive someone out of bounds, but no more than any other team.

That article is pathetic.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
TheDesertFox said:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2008/01/17/2008-01-17_packers_expect_giant_cheap_shots-2.html?page=0

Hopefully we'll learn em good!

What a load of BS that article is.

There might have been a cheapshot on Kapman but to call the Giants a dirty team is ridiculous.

Surprisngly Green Bay's defense ranks number 1 in penalty yards!!
Giants defense ranks 5th.

Maybe the it is the Giants offense that 'plays dirty' ?

Surprisingly again Green Bay's offense ranks number 2 in penalty yards!!!
Giants offense ranks 21st in penalty yards.

Giants are not a dirty team. On occassion Pierce might pile on, or Wilson might drive someone out of bounds, but no more than any other team.

That article is pathetic.

From what I heard GB D has the most pass interference penalties cuz of Al and Woddy..That wouldnt have anything to do with it, its cuz the Packers are cheap shot players...

how many personal foul pen to the giants have?

As the article states Packers have 6...And 2 of those came vs the Giants...So what ever reason, Packers got 4 of those in 16 other games..

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Penalties don't always reflect or coincide with dirty play.......

If you pay attention detail you would see that it said all our penalties that were mentioned came after a Giant player took a shot and we retaliated, thus we were penalized.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harris and Woodson are the only 2 corners in the NFL that play the tight man to man D, they are going to get more penalties becuase of the way the rules are written these days.
That doesn't make them dirty players only more aggressive than most other corners.
The trade off for stopping most WR is good enough for me.

Leek21

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If you pay attention detail you would see that it said all our penalties that were mentioned came after a Giant player took a shot and we retaliated, thus we were penalized.

I'm not saying the Packers are a dirty team. I'm saying the Giants are NOT a dirty team. This is the first time I am hearing this wild accusation all year... surely this would have come out earlier considering the Giants played loud mouth Dallas 3 times this season.

And Rodney Harrison calling other's dirty ? Come on.

Giants play clean football, I have watched every game. Aside from this week, I have never heard a complaint about dirty play or players on the Giants.

The only player that might be accused would be Pierce and that would be really stretching it.

olpete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the cheap shot Kampman took fires him up and he creams Eli into the ground 10 times of course making Eli fumble it and the Packers recover it all 10 times!!

I don't see it happening. He may get pressure and sacks, but he is a "nice" tackler. While other DEs like Jared Allen play that fine edge between a penalty or just a sack, Kampman sometimes seems like he is being gentle.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BryanAschenbrenner said:

I'm not saying the Packers are a dirty team. I'm saying the Giants are NOT a dirty team. This is the first time I am hearing this wild accusation all year... surely this would have come out earlier considering the Giants played loud mouth Dallas 3 times this season.

Giants play clean football, I have watched every game. Aside from this week, I have never heard a complaint about dirty play or players on the Giants.

The only player that might be accused would be Pierce and that would be really stretching it.

I think it's another case of a journalist trying to get more hits to his writings.

I didn't see anything too dirty when you guys played us.

As for our penalties, we have a lot of pass interference calls against us, thus the long number of yards allowed.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harris and Woodson are the only 2 corners in the NFL that play the tight man to man D
This is quite possibly the most absurd and uninformed thing I've ever read on a football message board. Do you honestly believe this to be true? If so, do you watch football?

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BryanAschenbrenner said:

So you are saying that the article is wrong and YOU are right. So if we quote it, WE are wrong... But if YOU the Giants fan, quote YOUR interpretations of some bogus stat or an article about the Packers, we are supposed to believe you... Right?

shanks2122

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this question is might be absurd but can you challenge a personal foul call.
As posted early "the man that retaliates always gets the flag" can you challenge to see who makes the first move and have an off setting foul?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
this question is might be absurd but can you challenge a personal foul call.
As posted early "the man that retaliates always gets the flag" can you challenge to see who makes the first move and have an off setting foul?

Sadly no

* Scoring plays
* Pass complete/incomplete/intercepted
* Runner/receiver out of bounds
* Recovery of a loose ball in or out of bounds
* Touching of a forward pass, either by an ineligible receiver or a defensive player
* Quarterback pass or fumble
* Illegal forward pass
* Forward or backward pass
* Runner ruled not down by contact
* Forward progress in regard to a first down
* Touching of a kick
* Other plays involving placement of the football
* Whether a legal number of players are on the field at the time of the snap

Note that the spot of the ball may be challenged in certain cases.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember when Ryan Grant fumbled twice, and it pissed him off so much the world stopped?

Well this Sunday will be like that, but multiplied by 10.

An Angry Kampman\Dline is.....well....scary as hell.

This Sunday just might be the end of the world.

Leek21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you are saying that the article is wrong and YOU are right. So if we quote it, WE are wrong... But if YOU the Giants fan, quote YOUR interpretations of some bogus stat or an article about the Packers, we are supposed to believe you... Right?

I am saying the article is wrong for serveral REASONS:

1) Giants have not been accused of 'dirty play' all year and then all of the sudden this comes out ? Why didn't anybody mention it earlier ??

2) I have watched every Giant game, and I never observed any dirty play. On occasion there is the 'pile on' or push out of bounds but not any more than other teams. In fact Coughlin's discipline has greatly reduced these types of penalties.

3) One or two plays can not be extrapolated into => "dirtiest team"

I agree with the Packer fan who said the author of the article is looking for some fame.

OR

Your coach is the one being dirty... putting this out there to plant a seed in the refs head *BEFORE* the game. I believe Pittsburgh did a similar thing in their SuperBowl year.

Bottom line neither team is dirty, but you can believe what you want.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OR

Your coach is the one being dirty... putting this out there to plant a seed in the refs head *BEFORE* the game. I believe Pittsburgh did a similar thing in their SuperBowl year.

Bottom line neither team is dirty, but you can believe what you want.

??????

Maybe I'm blind, but I didn't see one quote from "The Dirty One" Mike McCarthy. And the author writes for a New York paper. Maybe he's on MM's payroll, though.

:shrug:

ClassyGiantsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is B.S... Giants are no "dirty" team..

And since when did Rodney Harrison become a good source of dirty playing "insight"? What's next OJ Simpson a jury member in murder cases? Mike Vick a PETA activist?

Get it together guys. And NO, Mike McCarthy is not dirty nor has he ever been. Though I can understand the media outcry over this, it's been a quiet week.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Ohara is drawing the fire and the media labels it as the whole team, to me, for the most part the Giants seem like a classy team. Jacobs and his whipping the ball seems a little excessive, but each to there own.

Just some media fodder.. like Classy said, they haven't had much chirping this week.. so they are manufacturing some.

Members online

Latest posts