Giants at Lambeau for the playoffs in 2012?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you would like another Giants vs Packers playoff game at Lambeau.

I would.
Let's see how A-Rod does against them compared to Mr. Interception.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
It would be interesting in fact.

I do hope we get SF or NO in the playoffs to come to Lambeau and see how great they can play in the elements compared to us.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just depends on who's #3 and #4...

I don't want to jinx the Pack, but #1 and 2 are looking pretty predictable (GB and SF respectively). Would be awesome if NYG gets the #3 seed

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I do hope we get SF or NO in the playoffs to come to Lambeau and see how great they can play in the elements compared to us.

Smith and Brees would be playing in a North Face bubble jacket.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the probability of it happening is really high. It might be a tougher game than we'd like to see, so be careful what you wish for. Eli is starting to get scary good, but is still no match for Aaron. I think our D will be on track by the time the playoffs come around so no worries there. But if these Giants are for real, we might have a close, nail biting game on our hands and that's something I could honestly live without.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Just think of this as an NFC Championship rematch...

Rodgers with the opportunity to finish the job that Favre couldn't.

Total war, chapter 2 in the book....

I think we win, but right now, this is probably the two best teams in the entire NFC.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The Giants sure did break our hearts in the 2007 NFC Championship game, I don't think I ever want that to happen again. In my entire life, I think that was the most heart breaking game I ever seen in the NFL, and right next to Alabama's collapse against Auburn last year for my all time heart breakers.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember, when you play Eli this year... you're also playing Peyton (according to Jules)

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
It would sure be nice to get some revenge on the giants. Although to them it would be a revenge game for knocking out of the playoffs last year. All i know is I don't want to play the bears if we make it to the nfccg, my heart can't take that.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Giants seem to be a 4th quarter team this year so far. Get a lead on them before then.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah... see, that's the only time I would give the Niners the edge playing GB in the NFCCG. Their defense and running game is just built better for playing in the ice and snow. Bad weather will take much of the Pack's passing game away and their running game will not beat the Niner D.

The Saints are a pass only team with no D. They would be much easier for the Pack to beat in the snow.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
You might get what you wish for... the giants could upset the pack.
As Ive seen on this board your a pats fan so couldnt you also say the Giants could upset the pats on a perfect season? Just pokin fun but yeah any team can upset any team personally I would love to face SF

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Yeah... see, that's the only time I would give the Niners the edge playing GB in the NFCCG. Their defense and running game is just built better for playing in the ice and snow. Bad weather will take much of the Pack's passing game away and their running game will not beat the Niner D.

The Saints are a pass only team with no D. They would be much easier for the Pack to beat in the snow.

The weather is not going to halt the Packers offense as much as you think against your D. And last time I checked the 49ers play in California all year. They are not exactly used to bad weather themselves.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
The weather is not going to halt the Packers offense as much as you think against your D. And last time I checked the 49ers play in California all year. They are not exactly used to bad weather themselves.
Pretty much spot on...Jules are you sure your not a Packer fan lol

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Pretty much spot on...Jules are you sure your not a Packer fan lol

You can call them my second team. I always liked them off and on over the years. I officially started to fall in love with Aaron the last few years.

Your team is addictive. I want to see more.

Aaron Rodgers is sick.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jules, you're gonna have to explain yourself here. What exactly do you mean "the 49ers play in California all year"? Their home is in CA, yes. But there are 8 more games that are NOT played in CA.

The thing is, in the modern NFL, I don't think any team is truly weather hardened. Yes a few teams in the north like GB play a one or two games at home in Nov/Dec snowy conditions, but we're talking about the depths of winter now... late January. Sub-zero Ice Bowl cold. Nobody is really ready for that. And most teams including the Packers have indoor practice facilities. AND, in todays NFL, a lot of players don't even live where they play. Aaron Rodgers is a native Californian who lives in SAN DIEGO!! So, nobody is really used to it.

And it's a time tested fact in the NFL that passing games suffer and running games rule supreme in the kind of weather I'm talking about.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Jules, you're gonna have to explain yourself here. What exactly do you mean "the 49ers play in California all year"? Their home is in CA, yes. But there are 8 more games that are NOT played in CA.

The thing is, in the modern NFL, I don't think any team is truly weather hardened. Yes a few teams in the north like GB play a one or two games at home in Nov/Dec snowy conditions, but we're talking about the depths of winter now... late January. Sub-zero Ice Bowl cold. Nobody is really ready for that. And most teams including the Packers have indoor practice facilities. AND, in todays NFL, a lot of players don't even live where they play. Aaron Rodgers is a native Californian who lives in SAN DIEGO!! So, nobody is really used to it.

And it's a time tested fact in the NFL that passing games suffer and running games rule supreme in the kind of weather I'm talking about.

I like you and your posts but....

I have seen the Pats have some of their biggest offensive games in the snow.

It's not a huge deal. It's bad weather. Adapt and deal with it. This is being overanalyzed now.

The Pack won't suddenly turn into the Rams in the playoffs against the big bad Niners if this game happens in bad weather.