Getting Packer's Games to DVD

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Please don't move this topic, as the only reason I'm asking is because I want to bounce my packers games that I have recorded to DVD, and someone else probably wouldn't mind knowing the same thing. Not to mention it probably won't get much attention elsewhere.

So, I have direct tv, and I have all the training camp, pre-season, and regular season games recorded so far. I need to figure out a way to transfer these to my computer, and then it shouldn't be a problem to transfer it to DVD's. Now, my DVR has a SATA connection, an ethernet network connection, and a USB slot. So, it would appear to me as if there are three different options for connecting this to my computer / network to do some data exchange.

My question: does anyone know how to transfer things from the DVR to the computer? Surely someone on here does this, maybe Zero or someone else who edits video? Please let me know if you know how or have any suggestions.

Thanks a lot!! =)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I would just get dvd recorder..I was sort of in same situation..I got one from best buy for about $70

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been putting mine on DVD for quite awhile now. It's pretty simple. Use Nero.

I am under the impression he doesnt have a dvd recorder...He wants to directly connect his puter to his dvr

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
I've been putting mine on DVD for quite awhile now. It's pretty simple. Use Nero.

I am under the impression he doesnt have a dvd recorder...He wants to directly connect his puter to his dvr

I do not have a DVD recorder either.

Record them on PocketDISH, then push them to PC, then convert avi to DVD and burn to DVD.

OP
OP
DoddPower

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Hmmm, ok. I'm not sure what a "PoketDISH" is, but I do have a brand new DVR box. However, I do not know how to push the files to my computer. How does one do that Zero?

Members online

Latest posts