Get your excuses ready for the 2005 season

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have only played in and looked like sh#t in one scrimmage game this season and the excuses are already flying. It's really no big deal because the Mike Sherman coached Packers are used to being embarrassed @ Lambeau Field.

It was the 1st scrimmage this season for both teams but the Buffalo Bills rolled up 305 yds on offense to the Packers paltry 65 yds in front of a full house of 62 thousand plus fans @ Lambeau field.

That is nothing new. The Sherman coached Packers were only 9-7 @ Lambeau over the past 2 seasons and have lost 2 playoff games @ Lambeau over the last 3 seasons.

When Ron Wolf and Mike Holmgren took over the 4-12 Packers in 1992, every season we saw improvement until the Packers won the "Super Bowl" in 5 seasons in 1996. Under Holmgren the Packers won 25 straight games @ Lambeau and 30 of 31. The Holmgren coached Packers were also 5-0 @ Lambeau in the playoffs.

Under Mike Sherman, that is all only a distant memory. The excuse makers have reminded us that the Sherman coached Packers have won the NFC North Division 3 consecutive seasons. The Packers accomplished that feat against teams with a combined record of 53-91 over those 3 seasons.

The Sherman coached Packers accomplished a 14-4 record against teams with a 53-91 record and 18-12 against the rest of the NFL. 9-10 against teams with a winning record. 1-3 in the playoffs.

No one objected to Mike Sherman's first 2 seasons in Green Bay. In 2000 the Packers went 9-7. In 2001 the Packers went 12-4 but were exposed as the best team in a weak division, by getting spanked 45-17 in St. Louis by the Rams in a Divisional Playoff game.

The Packers scored 390 pts in 2001 while allowing 266 pts. Both stats ranked the Packers 3rd in the NFC and 5th in the NFL. As GM, Sherman only needed to tweak the Packers roster to make a "Super Bowl" run.

We all know how that turned out. Sherman has been stripped of his GM title and will be sent Pack-ing from his HCing job after the 2005 season. That will be a day of celebration.

Mike Sherman has destroyed the Packers defense and has put the Packer organization's backs to the wall in regard to the salary cap. There has been too much damage done for Ted Thompson and Jim Bates to be able to salvage the 2005 season.

Start getting your excuses ready for the 2005 season, you are going to need them.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the real question is... what good is sitting on a message board and posting everything negative you can about the coach of the team you "support" really going to do? So you convince someone to see your point of view, great. Now there are two of you that have absolutely no say-so what-so-ever in the Packers organization.

And this "Start getting your excuses ready for the 2005 season, you are going to need them." Seems that everyone that is anti-sherman (or slowick or whomever) has been preaching from their soapbox with thier excuses since he came to town. How is blaming Sherman for everything any better than any other excuse? It's not like things are going to magically get better the moment he leaves. I can see it in 10 years "Well if Sherman wouldn't have wasted a 2nd round (or whatever round) draft pick on a punter then -insert new coaches name- would have taken us to the superbowl 4 times over by now". Why don't we go back to why the pack didn't take Barry Sanders and took Tony Mandarich instead. Everyone has their excuses, they all suck, just seems that some people's suck louder than others.
This is getting real old.

OP
OP
S

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
I think the real question is... what good is sitting on a message board and posting everything negative you can about the coach of the team you "support" really going to do? So you convince someone to see your point of view, great. Now there are two of you that have absolutely no say-so what-so-ever in the Packers organization.

And this "Start getting your excuses ready for the 2005 season, you are going to need them." Seems that everyone that is anti-sherman (or slowick or whomever) has been preaching from their soapbox with thier excuses since he came to town. How is blaming Sherman for everything any better than any other excuse? It's not like things are going to magically get better the moment he leaves. I can see it in 10 years "Well if Sherman wouldn't have wasted a 2nd round (or whatever round) draft pick on a punter then -insert new coaches name- would have taken us to the superbowl 4 times over by now". Why don't we go back to why the pack didn't take Barry Sanders and took Tony Mandarich instead. Everyone has their excuses, they all suck, just seems that some people's suck louder than others.
This is getting real old.

We have been listening to the Sherman brown-nosers making excuses while the inexperienced and incompetent Mike Sherman has been destroying the Packers defense and closing Brett Favres window of opportunity for another well deserved "Super Bowl" win.

The Sherman brown-nosing is getting very stale while we are seeing negative results from Sherman and his buddy crew.

I am the other side of the coin giving another point of view. Do you have any objection of having both sides of the story being represented on Packer Forum?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
If the Packers lose I'm gonna just shout 'Its THAT DAMN STEEL WHEATIES FAULT FROM PACKERFORUM.COM DAMN HIM DAMN HIM DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN HIM!!!'

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SW aka Chase, please wait until the season ends if we are doomed and finish with a lossing record having our butt kicked I will back you in asking for Shermans head, BUT IN THE MEANWHILE why dont you just try to be realistic and forget about that bitter fellings against those guys... Please try to be positive !!!! At least give them the benefit of the doubt !!!! :twisted:

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No problems with both sides of the coin. Just gets old that every thread I see from you is anti-sherman which is just a little tiresome. Maybe some general support for the team is something you should consider. There are lots of other people that don't like coaches or players but they don't spin everythread into a hate-fest on that person. This thread in particular seems more like a "packer fan" started flame post. Just posted to tick people off.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's obvious to me that although Chase claims to be a Packer fan, he is not a fan of our team. His sole purpose on this forum is to flame and stir the pot. I would just love to see his posts after the Packers win their next SB. What would it look like?

Something like this..."well, the Packers players overcame some obvious deficiencies in coaching and will have a hard time winning another one anytime soon. In fact, they'll probably go 8-8 (plus or minus 1) next year."

Chase, if you don't like the Packers, leave. No one will keep you on this bandwagon. You're free to jump off whenever and sooner the better because with fans like you, who needs enemies? :evil:

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chase,

You are right as rian. You amaze me!

No team has ever won a Superbowl or even made the playoffs when they lost a scrimmage to the Buffalo Bills while being coached by a coach whos last name begins with "S" in a sold out "Family Day" event when one section of the stadium was wearing gold. Sherman has to go!

No team has ever made the playoffs after drafting a Quarterback in the first round with the last name of Rodgers while they had a TE named Franks on the Roster. I can not believe Sherman did not know that. Fire Sherman now! What good is a coach who does not know history!

Chase... Do you have a dog? If you do.... Has your dog ever wagged it's tail when you walk in the door? Or does it hide under the 1977 Pinto on blocks in your front yard?

Just wondering....

Your friend,

RP

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think sherman is the greatest coach in the NFL but we could do a lot worse! We could have a coach named Lovie! :lol:

Also if Holmgren is so great then why do the Seahawks continue to Suck!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chase... Do you have a dog? If you do.... Has your dog ever wagged it's tail when you walk in the door? Or does it hide under the 1977 Pinto on blocks in your front yard?
Easy on the personal, if you want to go head to head take it to the smack forum. (Although I thought that would be to exchange stabs with other teams fans, I guess it can be used by our own :( )

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Or does it hide under the 1977 Pinto on blocks in your front yard?

OMG! That was the funniest thing I read on this forum yet! :lol:

On a different note, Raider Pride sounds more like a Packer fan than Steel Wheels does. Not surprising... I have suspected him of being a jealous Queens fan just trying to stir trouble for quite some time now.

Have you *ever* posted anything positive about the organization you claim to support, Steel?

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
...There has been too much damage done for Ted Thompson and Jim Bates to be able to salvage the 2005 season....

Why waste your time following the Packers this season anymore then since you already know it can't be salvaged?

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry Ryan.

My first loyalty is to the Silver and Black and the AFC. However, I am a die hard Packer Fan. I love the Packer NFC lore. I admire Packer fans and the community that supports and makes that Packer Lore. I admire so many Packer fans here on this forum and I thank you for the opprtunity to learn from the likes of De Pack, T.O., Carol, Bruce, AZ Pack Fan, and so many others. I learn a great deal about my NFC team every time I log on.

I did not attend the comment about the dog and the 1977 Pinto to Chase as a personal attack on Chase.

I am sure Chase does not own a 1977 Pinto on blocks in the front yard.

I am sure it is Chase's Father's 1977 Pinto in the front yard and I am sure the dog is dead.

Sorry again Ryan.

RP

OP
OP
S

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
Steel Wheels said:
...There has been too much damage done for Ted Thompson and Jim Bates to be able to salvage the 2005 season....

Why waste your time following the Packers this season anymore then since you already know it can't be salvaged?

I still enjoy watching Brett Favre carry the Packers and I don't blame Sherman's inexperience and incompetence on the players.

Sherman will be gone after the 2005 season.

BTW, I meant salvaged with respect to a "Super Bowl" run.

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ask anyone in the locker room on Sundays. They are the "experts." They'll be the first to tell you...

"THERE ARE NO EXCUSES."

This is one lousy scrimmage, not even a preseason game. Come on! What could mean less? Carolina could've folded last year at 1-7 or made excuses why we didn't make the playoffs when we lost the last game of the season when it was win and in.

Again the players will all tell you, "there are NO excuses."

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, it was the second and third stringers who looked so bad. I was actually pretty impressed with the first team D seeing as how they're really a week or so into learning a whole new scheme. The O stunk all around, but they'll get it figured out and have the potential to be as, if not, more explosive than they were last year.

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To quote John Fox:

"On if the second-team offense can be fairly evaluated because it played against the first-team defense: That's the way it's supposed to be right now. It's typical of early in camp. Usually, the defense is a little bit further ahead."

Additionally:

"Right now, I think our defense is probably a little bit further ahead, especially up front. That's very typical early in camp."

i.e. The offense takes a little longer to come around in camp. No worries.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cardinals are predicted to be the best in the west while the sacred Holgrems' "Hawks are supposed to be on the slide. While he did a good job for the Pack that was almost a decade ago. No one can see the future, if we could we would be in Vegas getting $$$$$$. In the mean time, I'll support my team because that's whom I choose to root for. I'm a Pack fan, plain and simple, win or lose I'll be there to support my team.
On a side note SW, I'd like to know the condition of the Pinto's motor. That 2000 aluminumn motor works sweet in sandrails.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, Cali...I believe it is/was a 2300 engine in that custom ride! And you are right, great for the sand dunes!!!

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
The Packers have only played in and looked like sh#t in one scrimmage game this season and the excuses are already flying. It's really no big deal because the Mike Sherman coached Packers are used to being embarrassed @ Lambeau Field.

It was the 1st scrimmage this season for both teams but the Buffalo Bills rolled up 305 yds on offense to the Packers paltry 65 yds in front of a full house of 62 thousand plus fans @ Lambeau field.

That is nothing new. The Sherman coached Packers were only 9-7 @ Lambeau over the past 2 seasons and have lost 2 playoff games @ Lambeau over the last 3 seasons.

When Ron Wolf and Mike Holmgren took over the 4-12 Packers in 1992, every season we saw improvement until the Packers won the "Super Bowl" in 5 seasons in 1996. Under Holmgren the Packers won 25 straight games @ Lambeau and 30 of 31. The Holmgren coached Packers were also 5-0 @ Lambeau in the playoffs.

Under Mike Sherman, that is all only a distant memory. The excuse makers have reminded us that the Sherman coached Packers have won the NFC North Division 3 consecutive seasons. The Packers accomplished that feat against teams with a combined record of 53-91 over those 3 seasons.

The Sherman coached Packers accomplished a 14-4 record against teams with a 53-91 record and 18-12 against the rest of the NFL. 9-10 against teams with a winning record. 1-3 in the playoffs.

No one objected to Mike Sherman's first 2 seasons in Green Bay. In 2000 the Packers went 9-7. In 2001 the Packers went 12-4 but were exposed as the best team in a weak division, by getting spanked 45-17 in St. Louis by the Rams in a Divisional Playoff game.

The Packers scored 390 pts in 2001 while allowing 266 pts. Both stats ranked the Packers 3rd in the NFC and 5th in the NFL. As GM, Sherman only needed to tweak the Packers roster to make a "Super Bowl" run.

We all know how that turned out. Sherman has been stripped of his GM title and will be sent Pack-ing from his HCing job after the 2005 season. That will be a day of celebration.

Mike Sherman has destroyed the Packers defense and has put the Packer organization's backs to the wall in regard to the salary cap. There has been too much damage done for Ted Thompson and Jim Bates to be able to salvage the 2005 season.

Start getting your excuses ready for the 2005 season, you are going to need them.

How many YEARS in a row are you going to start the same thread with the same lame duck opening?

How many posters actually offered excuses to you last year?

REALLY think about it. Other than DEFENDING against your cheap shot attacks on Sherman, who actually made excuses?

One more question... What did the NFL say when you wrote them to tell them how they should just do away with the whole NFL regular season and move the teams directly into the playoffs after PREseason?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Steel Wheels said:

How many YEARS in a row are you going to start the same thread with the same lame duck opening?

How many posters actually offered excuses to you last year?

REALLY think about it. Other than DEFENDING against your cheap shot attacks on Sherman, who actually made excuses?

One more question... What did the NFL say when you wrote them to tell them how they sould just do away with the whole NFL regular season and move the teams directly into the playoffs after PREseason?

I agree Obi1. This guy has said more negative stuff about the Packers on this site then I ever have. You don't like Sherman? Try having **** Jauron or Dave Wannstadt as your coach.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts