Get well soon Cheesey

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
One of our long standing members and possibly the biggest and best packer fan Cheesey will be having open heart surgery Monday. Our thoughts and prayers are with you Cheesey.
Get well soon !

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was just coming on to let y'all know about alan. good to see he's not forgotten here - then again, how can ANYone forget him?? LOL. his wife will be giving me updates on the surgery so i'll do my best to get them posted on this site as well. he sounded really strong yesterday so i'm taking that as a good sign.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, I hope you do well Alan! Sure do miss you posting here. Get well soon!
Thanks for keeping us updated 4packgirl, it's appreciated!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so far, the surgery is going as planned & he should be done by 11:30am. will update when i get more info. :D

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he made it thru the surgery just fine & it sounds like they'll be trying to get him to sit up in bed by tonite. if everything goes well, he'll be in the hospital just til thursday (amazing, isn't it?) so thanks to all for your prayers & continued support for cheesey.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's great news 4packgirl! Tell him to hurry up and get well. We'll be expecting to hear from him real soon!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THANK YOU ALL SOOOOO MUCH!
I am STILL here! I did get out of the hospital Thursday night. I feel (and look) pretty much like a group on Vikings fans took a baseball bat to me. My right leg (where they took one of the veins out) is an UGLY shade of purple! (Is there any other shade???) JK of course! I have many Viking fans that i consider my dear friends!
To come here, and see this thread for me, has really touched my "almost new" heart!!!

OP
OP
wizard 87

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
cheesey said:
THANK YOU ALL SOOOOO MUCH!
I am STILL here! I did get out of the hospital Thursday night. I feel (and look) pretty much like a group on Vikings fans took a baseball bat to me. My right leg (where they took one of the veins out) is an UGLY shade of purple! (Is there any other shade???) JK of course! I have many Viking fans that i consider my dear friends!
To come here, and see this thread for me, has really touched my "almost new" heart!!!

Glad your well again Cheesey.... your packer family is here if you need us !

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's Great that you're up and around Alan! We would never forget one of our Packer faithful here! Now work on getting rid of that "purple". Keep on getting better and better every day, we missed you!

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheesy, purple is a bad color. I know because I live in MN. JK.

Seriously, get better quickly. I love reading your posts.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well......just over 6 weeks since surgery, and the "Cheese" hasn't molded yet!
I'm doing better (not FAST enough for me of course) I have to keep reminding myself it's only been a short amount of time.
I'm walking at 3.3 miles per hour for 20 minutes on the treadmill at physical therapy, so thats pretty good considering a "snails pace" 5 weeks ago.
ALOT of soreness of course, in the chest, but thats expected.
Thanks to all for the well wishes and prayers!

DBLDPACFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My grandfather had the same procedure...laughter's a great analgesic...my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts