Get Jerry Porter in GB?

Reaction score
As TheScout said, it could be possible for Packers to get Porter. Do you think it would be worth it? He has skill, but hasn't put up big numbers. And TheScout said he is somewhat identical to Walker in size. But is it worth talking a risk on him?

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Get Porter?

all about da packers said:
As TheScout said, it could be possible for Packers to get Porter. Do you think it would be worth it? He has skill, but hasn't put up big numbers. And TheScout said he is somewhat identical to Walker in size. But is it worth talking a risk on him?
who is thescout??

OP
OP
A
Reaction score

lol Winni, go to the top, right underneath the banner, and then click on the link to Home. Look at the first couple of posts, you'll see what I mean... :)

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thescout is new... go look at the post labelled TheScout is coming

and hell yes bring in jerry porter... if we could get him for a conditional pick and robert ferguson id say yes... fergy is semi useless and with TT in control draft picks seem to multiply so giving one up for porter is a STEAL.... Donald Driver Jerry Porter Greg Jennings all of a sudden we have a solid solid solid recieving corp.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score

lol it's all on TheScout's rumour post. TheScout is someone who will be a member of this site and give us some inside stuff on the Packers, and
other nfl teams! :D

Go to the frontpage of packerforum.com, and look at the new posts under there. :)

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Scout is a new feature bringing us so called "reliable" nfl news and rumours. if its true thescout is a freakin sweet addition

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm too lazy to go the front page before I post something...so I have no clue how feasible this trade is...but if what Packnic described is all that the trade requires...then heck yes, go for him. He has a few breakout games/year...has been a solid up and coming receiver....wouldn't mind having him in green 'n gold.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Oh lol :
This Dude : YES BRING HIM IN !!!

Rumor: Already a couple days after the draft, rumor has spread that Oakland receiver Jerry Porter is unhappy with the organization and has requested a trade. Porter is a 7 year veteran that has played in the shadows of Hall of Fame bound receivers Jerry Rice, Tim Brown, and Randy Moss. Porter's best season came in 2004 when he caught 64 passes for 998 yards and 5 touchdowns. San Francisco, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay, and Green Bay are said to be the interested teams at this moment.

Packer Related: The Packers traded disgruntled WR Javon Walker to the Denver Broncos during Saturday’s Drafts. While the Packers have tried to address their receiving problems through the Draft they still lack a deep threat which Porter is.

TheScout's Take Porter could be the impact player that Brett Favre may like. He has a lot of talent. He's a former 1st round pick that has been an underachiever for his career. A change of scenery might be what he needs to breakout. At 6’2â€

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

can someone fill me in on the inside joke about who "the scout" is, I missed the bus on this one

OP
OP
A
Reaction score

Hey its just reumblings right now, it could turn into something, or it could fizzle away and die. But by the sound of things, it looked like to me that TT believed Ferggy has talent and can still put up numbers. But IMO, I wouldn't mind this trade at all. Ferrgy has something against taking hits, and Porter could thrive in a system like MM's, since Porter has some nice moves and can gain yardage after the catch.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Driver\Porter\Gardner\Jennings\Boreigter

looks nice.

We can give them ferguson and...mark roman...and...adrian klemm...and..AHMAD CARROLL!!

OP
OP
A
Reaction score

musccy said:
can someone fill me in on the inside joke about who "the scout" is, I missed the bus on this one

TheScout is a person we have gotten on to this forum to give us inside happenings of the Packers and other NFL teams. :)

For a better idea, go to the introduction board.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

all about da packers said:
musccy said:

TheScout is a person we have gotten on to this forum to give us inside happenings of the Packers and other NFL teams. :)

For a better idea, go to the introduction board.

And when I welcomed him I thought he was just all talk lol !!!

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score

arrowgargantuan said:
Jerry Porter fizzled after one good year, he is quite massive though.

Arrow I love you, but think about what you just typed.

Jerry’s most productive year for catches was last year and he had 76.

Sure he turns 28 in July, but he still has some grease on those wheels.

Jerry Porter would be a great pick up for the Pack and the Pack would be a great pick up for Jerry.

As a Raider fan I will tell you that this is not a situation where he had one good year and fizzled out.

Porter has flat out speed and that is why Al targeted him out of the draft. He can run a fly pattern with the best of them and Brett would love him. He also as he showed last year with Collins throwing him suicide passes, that he has above average soft hands, and is willing to take hit while going over the middle.

Jerry has a reason for being upset with the Raiders. He was a third receiver and could have been a 1 or 2 with most teams in the last 3 years. He thought he had the opportunity until Al signed Randy, and I will tell you this with all conviction…. Randy benefited by having Jerry running a fly because teams had to cover Porter.

Jerry Porter is no slouch and would be a great asset to the Pack.

RP

OP
OP
A
Reaction score

Ah RP, I have missed you buddy.

Can you adress the injuries that Porter has suffered? Where they freak accidents, or is Porter something of a liability when it comes to injuries?

Also, what type of character does Porter have?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

that'd be great to get Porter if the rumor is indeed true.

Driver and Porter. Wtih Jennings or Gardner in the slot. That seems like a pretty solid receiving core for Favre to work with. Favre is also known for making receivers better so maybe Porter would indeed thrive with Brett.

Members online

Latest posts