Geronimo and Sam. Pot

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Shields give a crap. He's probably already retired in his mind.

he still has to think about his future...unless he took out a big insurance policy like that anthony kim golfer guy did who hasn't played since getting "injured."

D

Deleted member 6794

he still has to think about his future...unless he took out a big insurance policy like that anthony kim golfer guy did who hasn't played since getting "injured."

Shields earned $30 million over the last three years. I guess he should be fine financially going forward.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shields earned $30 million over the last three years. I guess he should be fine financially going forward.

athletes are the worst managing their money....just imagine if he hangs out with cheech and chong? that money is up in smoke!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the optimistic side, I'd like to believe that the police just issued the criminal incident reports coincidentally all in the same week. However, I wonder why incidents that occurred September 4th, October 19th, and December 17th all hit the papers during the same week.

I heard Michael Cohen say that they don't get alerts about player incidents. They only report when they get tipped off or specifically dig for dirt. He got tipped off about Gernimo's incident and reported it that day after confirmation.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
To be fair the Weed is probably helping with his concussion. As there are stories that people take chemicals that is in weed to suppress seizures.
If he's in another state, the citations don't happen and the NFL doesn't find out about it.
Biased cite: http://www.medicalmarijuanainc.com/post-concussion-syndrome-medical-marijuana-research-overview/
For example, in one study, the administration of cannabinoids following a traumatic brain injury decreased brain swelling and inflammation and was shown to improve recovery (Shohami, et al., 2011).
This is too easy.
http://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/he...errick-morgan-marijuana-research-concussions/
The anecdotal evidence in favor of CBD—an element of cannabis called cannabidiol that is not psychoactive but still shows up on drug tests—is persuasive. Former NFL players Jake Plummer, Eugene Monroe, and others are vocal proponents. (Monroe was controversially cutfrom the Ravens after publicly supporting marijuana research. He retired a free agent, citing concerns for his health.) The research is limited, but promising: CBD could protect brain cells as well as promote cell growth, offsetting CTE, the degenerative brain disease caused by concussions and linked to depression, memory loss, and suicide. In other words, marijuana could work as both a preventative and healing measure to treat the battered brains of football players.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because they'll forget where they left it...

I feel certain that a vast majority of NFL players are users. As long as it doesn't affect your performance on the field, this is a non-issue IMO.

"Vast majority?" Doubtful. Significant percentage? Sure. Nobody ever said you had to be smart to play football.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Shields was having headaches due to his concussion and used weed to help out, I'm fine with the use. Prescription pain killers would be worse for his body.

If he was just using it for fun, then I consider it a stupid thing to do considering it is against NFL rules.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you didn't read any of the cites about it I provided. There are more chemical compounds in pot than THC.
Yes. I saw them. But those weren't medical or scientific journals. They were magazine articles based on speculation, not science. Now if a scientific study finds that CBD actually proactively helps concussions heal and they can synthesis or isolate it as a medication, that'll be great. Until then, it's just another excuse to get high and dumb.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
First that's talking about seizures, not concussions. Second, it's not a study. It's an article about the status of ongoing studies which have not reached conclusions.
http://www.midwestcompassion.org/20...y-and-post-concussion-syndrome-with-cannabis/ --again non-biased studies are difficult in that federal law prohibits marijuana research
Research on synthetic cannabinoids has found that they protect the brains of mice from injury if administered four to six hours after the injury occurs. The cannabinoids used were structured to be almost identical to THC, the psychoactive component of medical marijuana.

A study of 446 human patients who had experienced serious brain injury also found that survival rates were much better for those with THC in their system than those without.
and
Research on the use of medical marijuana with brain injuries and concussion symptoms is still in a very preliminary state, but there are promising signs that it speeds recovery, and can help to alleviate symptoms such as irritability and inability to sleep.
and about the difficulty in doing research from the NYT:https://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/10/...search-hits-the-wall-of-federal-law.html?_r=0
The federal government categorizes marijuana as a Schedule 1 drug, the most restrictive of five groups established by the Controlled Substances Act of 1970. Drugs in this category — including heroin, LSD, ****** and Ecstasy — are considered to have no accepted medical use in the United States and a high potential for abuse, and are subject to tight restrictions on scientific study.

In the case of marijuana, those restrictions are even greater than for other controlled substances.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
First that's talking about seizures, not concussions. Second, it's not a study. It's an article about the status of ongoing studies which have not reached conclusions.

Thats only seizures so far that is documented. If there was more research done it would probably help with concussions. If it helps with seizures what else it can help with the brain during injury.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I dont know. It seems like these beat writters have gone through an investigation to dig up dirt on the Packers.

They found some old sex tweets, some weed and a DUI.

The University of Oklahoma have a 220lb RB that cold clocked a women that could of killed her and let him play a whole season. I would consider that more newsworthy.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's not Medical weed then don't do it! If you know you can get suspended?then do t do it! To me being suspended over an illegal substance is just stupid on the players part plain and simple. Leave the weed alone until the off season!

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats only seizures so far that is documented. If there was more research done it would probably help with concussions. If it helps with seizures what else it can help with the brain during injury.

When you concussed lowering your brain activity will to long term harm. A seizures a totally different thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts