Geronimo and Sam. Pot

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
escaped my notice.
Athough it escaped public notice at the time, Packers receiver Geronimo Allison was arrested for marijuana possession in September. Prosecutors filed a misdemeanor possession of marijuana charge against Allison in December, Michael Cohen of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports. Allison was pulled over for speeding by the Wisconsin State Patrol on September 4. The officer…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
September huh? Being reported now? Cool
He got cut that day. Pulled over and caught with the weed that night. And got put on the practice squad the next day.....
Theres a chance he didn't even get a chance to smoke it ! lol But he wasn't in the NFL when he got caught. Maybe that matters.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He got cut that day. Pulled over and caught with the weed that night. And got put on the practice squad the next day.....
Theres a chance he didn't even get a chance to smoke it ! lol But he wasn't in the NFL when he got caught. Maybe that matters.
lol or messed his high up all at the same time, get arrested and slapped on the practice squad damn. I bet he straightened up then lol

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You would be very surprised how many players on the Packers partake.

Think the yacht with the Giants was bad? B4 last playoff game vs the Giants, bush and pepprah were at a bat on the Thursday b4 the game, high as a kites d drinking.

Tried to take home a friend's wife kept offering her some smoke.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because they'll forget where they left it...

I feel certain that a vast majority of NFL players are users. As long as it doesn't affect your performance on the field, this is a non-issue IMO.
Agreed. I think we would be shocked to see who all smokes in the NFL, NBA and MLB. Hockey players don't smoke, they're messed up already.:eek:

OP
OP
Ogsponge

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I feel certain that a vast majority of NFL players are users. As long as it doesn't affect your performance on the field, this is a non-issue IMO.
Of this I have no doubt but here's the thing Roger Goodelle can decide to suspend you for this you don't even have to fail a drug test get arrested for marijuana possession and he can suspend you

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think smoking weed is, generally, a big deal. But the fact is it's still illegal AND banned by the NFL. These guys make a ton of money and it's mind-boggling to me that they would jeopardize that, their careers, and risk being suspended for BIG GAMES like this by dabbling in the stuff. I'm not specifically talking about G-mo because as someone said he technically wasn't on the team, but just generally.

You're lucky if your NFL career lasts 5 years, after that you can do whatever you want, but you can't stay clean for that long?

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thinking of the stupid s*&^ these young guys do as professional athletes with the HUGE paydays. I often wonder how I would be as a poor college student:cry: one day and a multi millionaire:sneaky: the next. Not excusing their actions in anyway, but it must be very difficult................and I am willing to give it a shot!!!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think smoking weed is, generally, a big deal. But the fact is it's still illegal AND banned by the NFL. These guys make a ton of money and it's mind-boggling to me that they would jeopardize that, their careers, and risk being suspended for BIG GAMES like this by dabbling in the stuff. I'm not specifically talking about G-mo because as someone said he technically wasn't on the team, but just generally.

You're lucky if your NFL career lasts 5 years, after that you can do whatever you want, but you can't stay clean for that long?
These guys are the same as everyone else. They're the same as your friend who's ******** some ***** while he has a great wife and kids at home. they're the same as the guy that drinks too much and drives home despite having a great job, money for a cab and friends and family that would come get him. They're the same as everyone else. They like doing what they like to do and they don't think they're going to get caught.

I gotta say, weed is nothing. I don't do it, but if I wanted to I would. If they were tipping bottles and going to get prescriptions nobody would bat an eye. and at the time, he didn't have a career, he wasn't even on a team. he had just been cut. How many people go do stuff they probably shouldn't when they get some bad news, especially at that age? and it was September, not yesterday.

They need to get rid of this weed rule. It's safer than most of the prescriptions you can go take, or at least no more dangerous. the ONLY issue with weed is the direction the money flows and right now it doesn't flow towards big pharma, and law enforcement can make millions enforcing weed laws. The NFL is just following suit, but they could chose to eliminate it from things they're going after.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These guys are the same as everyone else. They're the same as your friend who's ******** some ***** while he has a great wife and kids at home. they're the same as the guy that drinks too much and drives home despite having a great job, money for a cab and friends and family that would come get him. They're the same as everyone else. They like doing what they like to do and they don't think they're going to get caught.

I gotta say, weed is nothing. I don't do it, but if I wanted to I would. If they were tipping bottles and going to get prescriptions nobody would bat an eye. and at the time, he didn't have a career, he wasn't even on a team. he had just been cut. How many people go do stuff they probably shouldn't when they get some bad news, especially at that age? and it was September, not yesterday.

They need to get rid of this weed rule. It's safer than most of the prescriptions you can go take, or at least no more dangerous. the ONLY issue with weed is the direction the money flows and right now it doesn't flow towards big pharma, and law enforcement can make millions enforcing weed laws. The NFL is just following suit, but they could chose to eliminate it from things they're going after.
I agree with all of this. That being said, until the NFL changes the rules, I have little sympathy for players that can't follow the rules considering how much they are risking by breaking them.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't get enough of this stuff. made some nice profits off marijuana stocks in '16. will see some nice gains in '17 as well!

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sam Shweed....

Sam Shields - DB - Packers
Injured Packers CB Sam Shields (concussions) was charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia this week stemming from an October 19 incident.

He'll go back to court on April 24. The arrest occurred literally one day after the Packers placed Shields on injured reserve with a severe concussion on October 18. The combination of Shields' brain injury and his subsequent arrest should raise eyebrows inside and outside the league. Shields has suffered a whopping five career concussions. He turned 29 years old early last month.

Must have been helping with his recovery ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

In addition Packers safety coach Darren Perry has been charged with DUI.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sheilds might not be passing that concussion protocol because he is burning some of that medicinal sativa, and just seems a bit off... He could play at a pro bowl level today I bet, but its concussion protocol and a salary cap casualty instead...

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
To be fair the Weed is probably helping with his concussion. As there are stories that people take chemicals that is in weed to suppress seizures.

Also I dont think he is coming back anyway.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who cares, if you had the season he had you would smoke weed also, this dude career might be done. People try and find anything to talk about. Smoking a little weed probably easing his mind could you imagine being a top corner of the NFL and getting your season ended on a concussion and possible career ending.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
If these guys don't watch out, they are liable to try to play totally wasted in the Superbowl. Then what happens if they make some great catches that help win the thing? Oh....wait a minute....;)

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Cowboys fans crying all over the internet thinking that the NFL is treating the situations with Shields/Allison differently than the Gregory situation. Typical delusion. Gregory has had chance after chance by the NFL, and didn't get suspended until he failed like his 4th test.

Latest posts