1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

George Selvie (OLB, University of Southern Florida)

Discussion in '2010 Draft Archive' started by NYPacker, Feb 27, 2010.

1. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Here's an underrrated prospect who I think can make a huge contribution to the pass rush. He currently plays DE and has solid coverage skills that make him a true 3-4 OLB:

He fell off the map this year due to many teams consistently double and even triple teaming him (very good sign of his abilities). I wouldn't mind taking him with a late round pick. Here are his highlights:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSsiQ-FRiBA]YouTube - DE George Selvie Highlights/Lowlights 2009/2008 USF[/ame]

CBS Draft Analysis:

2. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Here are some of his better plays:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJZLb6jdnZ0]YouTube - George Selvie 2007[/ame]

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Didn't have much knowledge of him. Remember him being highly regarded in 07, though.

It looks like he has good ball instincts, which can translate to covering well. He has rushed standing up, so it's a positive.

But, boy, does he look stiff...

4. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Because he has experience playing in a 2 point stance he could work really well in Dom Capers' bear defense and single edge blitzes. I agree that he does look stiff. It'll certainly hurt him in terms of run defense but if we do manage to get him, I'll only look to use him for the pass.