General NFL Talk

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't want to disobey rules, but what's the point of having a seperate forum if all threads die there amongst the deluge of bots? Isn't for point of forum to organize threads where they can encourage discussion?

Move it as you deem fit.
What's the use of organizing threads into proper areas when they get hijacked, the original subject gets ignored and the discussion wanders all over the landscape?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's the use of organizing threads into proper areas when they get hijacked, the original subject gets ignored and the discussion wanders all over the landscape?

In most cases those discussion, no matter how far they stray from the original thread subject, usually still fall under the forum subject though. Not always but usually.

A thread about Jeff Janis turns into a fire Capers thread but its still Packer talk. At least it was last year. Hopefully we don't have to go through that again.

My opinion is other team talk belongs in the other team forum but I understand the reluctance to post there because of the bots.

We have a free agent thread and I think that worked pretty well. There were a few other free agent threads started but for the most part the FA talk was limited to that one thread. An "other team" thread within the Packer forum might be fine as long as everything was posted there. Anything posted on its own would get moved or better yet simply removed.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Looks to me like it depends on if the forum is here for the users or management. If a thread is getting a lot of action, the users obviously want it. Just as with an individual user, the best way to have a thread die is to ignore it. I'm a firm believer in the "it's your forum, so I'll live by your rules" mantra, but since you asked...:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jameis Winston to be suspended for 3 games (or more) for personal misconduct. He was accused for grabbing the crotch of a female uber driver.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about hijacking, but I think it's natural that conversations branch out to some degree.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going back to the Edelman suspension, he missed all of last season, right? What is he doing taking PEDs during rehab, or maybe that makes sense???? Don’t know, but the Pats (and Tom Brady) will miss him. Good news for the AFC East and any team playing NE in the first four weeks.

H

HardRightEdge

Going back to the Edelman suspension, he missed all of last season, right? What is he doing taking PEDs during rehab, or maybe that makes sense???? Don’t know, but the Pats (and Tom Brady) will miss him. Good news for the AFC East and any team playing NE in the first four weeks.
PEDs might be taken during rehab. HGH, for instance, is believed to accelerate healing following surgery. Time for these various compounds to clear the system and not be detected in a test will vary.

However, this kinda sounds like a test taken during one of the recent OTAs during which Edelman was a participant.

Some PEDs, such as Adderall (which is "speed" in essence), are game day drugs and clear the system fast. Others might be taken on an ongoing basis to maintain weight and muscle mass throughout the conditioning process.

There have been, and may still be, nutritional supplements bought at GNC or other outlets that contain compounds that will earn you a failed test. Personal trainers may have their own concoctions. These supplements may be taken year round in conjunction with ongoing weight work and conditioning. It's not like the old days where a player might get away with showing up as a bag a donuts and then work into shape during training camp.a

Lots of guys who get the PED suspension claim they did not know what happened. Some claim they took some supplement and didn't know there was anything illegal in it. Some we presume are lying. We don't know which are which, and it really doesn't matter. Carelessness, willful ingnorance or willful cheating gets you the same 4 games. Use a masking agent and you get 6 games because now you are presumed a willful cheater.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing would surprise me, but I'm not going to react too much until I get more than a social media post from one of her friends providing the narrative of what happened.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing would surprise me, but I'm not going to react too much until I get more than a social media post from one of her friends providing the narrative of what happened.

Regardless of his guilt or innocence he will be tried and found guilty by the court of public opinion and will receive a suspension.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The picture is quite graphic, so anyone googling be warned!
A despicable act, if true. And I realize this may be in poor taste:
But I also can't help but notice in the accompanying side by side picture that she has quite a figure on her. :whistling:

H

HardRightEdge

Regardless of his guilt or innocence he will be tried and found guilty by the court of public opinion and will receive a suspension.
While it doesn't look good for Shady, I would not jump to conclusions until all the facts are in.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While it doesn't look good for Shady, I would not jump to conclusions until all the facts are in.
There'll will probably me no facts. Just statements from people involved and circumstantial evidence.

Sadly the cult hero status awarded to sports stars from their youth kinda soews their moral compass and gives them a sense of super entitlement, I suppose.

NFL should leave the investigation to local authorities, but if found guilty...then harsh punishments and suspension should be imposed.

H

HardRightEdge

There'll will probably me no facts. Just statements from people involved and circumstantial evidence.

Sadly the cult hero status awarded to sports stars from their youth kinda soews their moral compass and gives them a sense of super entitlement, I suppose.

NFL should leave the investigation to local authorities, but if found guilty...then harsh punishments and suspension should be imposed.
Like I said, it doesn't look good for McCoy. These kinds of incidents are predominantly decided against the players.

However, there have been those unusual instances of players being falsely tagged for abuse or **** because they have deep pockets to be tapped in civil court if a criminal conviction can be wheedled. It's possible, just possible, that girl was beat up by some deadbeat boyfriend, not McCoy, she already had it in for McCoy for filing eviction papers, and then figured she might as well tag McCoy for the monetary possibilities. The other girl, McCoy's estranged girlfriend, may have reckoned her time in the McMansion was limited and would be a willing false witness.

I'd put a lid on the schadenfreude for the time being. Chances are you'll have that opportunity at a later date. But perhaps not.

Last edited by a moderator:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's possible, just possible, that girl was beat up by some deadbeat boyfriend, not McCoy, she already had it in for McCoy for filing eviction papers, and then figured she might as well tag McCoy for the monetary possibilities. The other girl, McCoy's estranged girlfriend, may have reckoned her time in the McMansion was limited and would be a willing false witness.
It seems unlikely, but I agree it's possible. Some women are ruthless (and opportunistic) enough to do such a thing.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still trying to figure out how he beat his girlfriend when he was 1,000 miles away in another state. But I guess that doesn't matter.

I was wondering that too but it was just the headline designed to grab our attention (it worked) now most articles accusing him are saying that he was behind it and not that he actually did it as if he hired someone to do it and arranged to be 1000 miles away as an alibi.

Well it's his ex girlfriend who won't leave his house. Be careful who you invite to live with you.

I guess it takes a long time to evict someone in that jurisdiction. None of this 30 days notice crap.

H

HardRightEdge

I was wondering that too but it was just the headline designed to grab our attention (it worked) now most articles accusing him are saying that he was behind it and not that he actually did it as if he hired someone to do it and arranged to be 1000 miles away as an alibi.
The claim is that it was McCoy, not some other assailant, so a lot depends on the credibility of the alibi. I suppose it could have been Al Cowlings wearing a McCoy mask.

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well one of them will be in deep trouble. Shady if he actually did hire someone or she did this knowing that she was getting evicted for real and also trying to take McCoy down vindictively. While she did get beaten, the attack she describes being beaten with a handgun should have caused more damage to her face.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The claim is that it was McCoy, not some other assailant, so a lot depends on the credibility of the alibi. I suppose it could have been Al Cowlings wearing a McCoy mask.

I've seen several reports that do not claim he was the assailant. claims that he was involved or set her up do not necessarily mean he did the actual assault.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/10/lesean-mccoy-case-takes-another-strange-turn/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...vent-said-directly-lesean-mccoy-was-involved/

Members online

Latest posts