GB signs Marc Boerigter - a nice BIG target for Favre

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another nice signing by Ted. What better way to convince Favre to return than bring in a BIG speedy WR for him to play with. CLICK FOR MORE

Our running attack is top 10(maybe top 5, but i wont push it) in the league with Green,Gado, and Davenport.

Our WR corp of Walker\Driver\Gardner\Boerigter is a veteran group of talented WRs (minus javon, who is young and acting stupid right now).

GB brought back William Henderson, a great FB, and an even better leader.

All GB has to do is fix up this offensive line some more, and there's nothing else you can do to convince Favre to come back.

Yay Packers!

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
All GB has to do is fix up this offensive line some more, and there's nothing else you can do to convince Favre to come back.

...besides finish the defense and convince Favre that the offense is easy to learn and effective.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well the defense is pretty much the same(better actually)

KGB\Pickett\Jenkins\Kampman with Montgomery and Cole is one of the best D-lines in the league.

Nick Collins and Manuel Marquand is an upgrade, because Manuel is better than Roman.

and we'll probably have AJ Hawk\Nick Barnett\Ben Taylor(or Barrett Green!) as Linebackers.

The only thing Id like to see fixed on defense is..(you know where im going with this..) the CB situation.

Our main needs now are Oline(guards) and CBs.. thats my opinion anyway.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From his web site:

Personal: A prep standout at Hastings High School in Hastings, Nebraska ... Father, Dr. Bob Boerigter, is the Director of Athletics at Northwest Missouri State ... Full name: Marc Robert Boerigter (pronounced BO-ric-ter) ... Married, wife Petra ... The Boerigters reside in Leawood, Kansas.

Pro Career: Former Canadian Football League receiver didn’t take long to make an impact in the NFL after enjoying a superb debut campaign with the Chiefs last year ... Joined the club as a free agent on February 7th of 2002 ... Lanky wideout enters his second season with Kansas City in 2003 after leading the squad with eight TD catches a year ago ... That feat in itself was a remarkable accomplishment considering that he missed a good portion of training camp after undergoing an appedenctomy on July 28th of last year ... Expected to make an even bigger contribution in 2003 after working as a third receiver for much of 2002 ... Is also a valuable special teams performer, working on the club’s coverage units ... Came to the Chiefs vastly more polished than most first-year NFL performers after honing his skills for two seasons with the CFL’s Calgary Stampeders where he registered 111 catches for 2,023 yards with 19 TDs during the 2000-01 campaigns, helping lead the squad to a Grey Cup title in 2001 ... Physical performer whose height and leaping ability make him especially dangerous in the Red Zone ... Is the tallest target in the club’s WR corps and owns the speed to stretch the field vertically ... A true big-play threat, set a Chiefs record and tied an NFL mark when he hauled in a 99-yard TD reception from QB Trent Green vs. San Diego (12/22/02). Joined Green to form just the 10th tandem in NFL history to collaborate on a 99-yard scoring connection, making them the first duo to accomplish that feat since Green Bay QB Brett Farve did it with WR Robert Brooks vs. Chicago (9/11/95) ... Owns 16 games (two starts) of NFL experience, catching 20 passes for 420 yards (21.0 avg.) with eight TDs, including his 99-yard catch and run for a score ... Also has 12 special teams tackles ... Was a virtual touchdown machine in his first NFL season, registering eight TDs on only 20 receptions ... Became just the eighth player in Chiefs history to catch eight or more TDs in a single season and was the initial player to do it in his first season with the club ... Scored on 40.0 percent of his receptions (eight of 20), the best single-season TD-catch percentage in KC history ... That 40.0 TD-catch percentage tied for third in NFL annals with Bucky Pope (10 TDs on 25 catches with the L.A. Rams - ‘64) among players with at least 20 catches. Only Frank Liebel’s 45.5 mark (10 TDs on 22 catches with the N.Y. Giants - ‘45) and Ken Kavanaugh’s 40.6 percentage (13 TDs on 32 catches with the Chicago Bears - ‘47) ranked higher ... Typically scores his touchdowns in bunches, owning a trio of two-TD games during his brief NFL tenure ... Including the playoffs, had five two-TD contests during his time in Canada ... Has caught 27 touchdown passes in his three previous pro seasons (NFL and CFL), an impressive average of 9.0 per year ... Was initially overlooked by NFL scouts coming out of tiny Hastings College, an NAIA school in Hastings, Nebraska ... Drove to a CFL tryout in Dallas in 2000, where he was inked by Calgary ... Enjoyed a pair of productive CFL seasons, appearing in 36 regular season games ... Averaged over 50 catches and 1,000 yards per season in his two CFL campaigns, including a 1,092-yard effort as a rookie in 2000 ... Saw action in four postseason games for the club, including the 2001 Grey Cup ... Orginally entered the CFL as a free agent on May 12th of 2000.

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
and we'll probably have AJ Hawk\Nick Barnett\Ben Taylor(or Barrett Green!) as Linebackers.
A career underachiever, Green has a ton of athletic talent that has never translated to the playing field. His athletic ability does not show up because he does not have very good instincts for the position. The game looks like it moves too fast for him, and because of that he struggles to get on the field. Someone will give him a chance based on his athletic ability, but he hasn't developed as expected.

Maybe he'll come to GB and shine a la Starr and Favre et al. :cross: :cross: :cross:

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quotes from his question and answer part of web site:

Q) I asked u like 3 questions and u never answered them? watsup wit dat man? i no u have some freetime for ur fans?????? Diaa
--diaa elashkar, op, KS

A) "I will not answer questions that want me to bash my fellow friends. It is a team...not just the defense, offence or special teams. We just have not done enough to win the close games this year. Keep writing in though!! "

Q) Mark, someone sent me an email with a picture that looks like you with a hebrew tattoo on your right arm. What does it say and what is the significance of it? Thanks.
--Yehuda Hyman, New York, NY

A) Sorry, but the picture is not me. I do not have a tattoo.

Q) Hey Marc! I was wondering if you still put a piece of tape on your finger for good luck?!? Brenda DeLancey, NE
--Brenda DeLancey, Bennington, NE

A) Hey Brenda! Yes that little piece of tape still goes on my finger for good luck!!!

Q) Marc, thanks for helping bring a Grey Cup to Calgary, I tend to keep tabs on former players and I enjoy watching KC. When did you know you were good enough for the NFL? Was it something you believed early on?
--Mike Wedin, Calgary, AL

A) I think early on in Calgary I realized that I knew for sure that I could play at an NFL level. I always had the confidence, I just needed that extra experience. I had a wonderful experience and time up there!! Thanks for your support.

Your jersey is hard to find....any tips?
--CHIEF CANNON, ALISO VIEJO, CA

A) I am confident that I will see increased playing time this year. Part of it last year was that I was a little banged up with some little injuries. As for the jersey, I believe NFL.com, or better yet, Just get a few of the T-shirts on this site and help support my foundation.

Q) Marc - what is your actual height? I have seen you in person and you appear to be taller than the 6' 3" listing in the program.
--Alan Ritchie, Bedford, IA

A) Alan, I am probably a little taller than what the program says. The way the NFL measures their players seems to be on the short side.

Q) What was the hardest transition for you to make, college to CFL or CFL to NFL?
--Ryan Nelson, Lincoln, NE

A) I think the hardest was from college to the CFL. That is because of the difference in the level of competition I was playing against.

Q) How is it to play for Coach Vermiel?
[email protected]

A) He the best to play for. He genuinely cares for his players as people first.

Q) How do you pepare yourself for a big game during the week?
--Morad Jouhari, Kansas City, MO

A) I prepare the same for every game. In the NFL every game is a big one. Any given Sunday a team can beat you.

This should give you some clues to the guy. Good person and if he plays well a great signing.

Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
Why isn't GB going after Lavaar?

Because his price tag is too high. He wants money, and the deal he is using as his STARTING grounds is the 7 year 50+ million dollar deal that Peterson signed with Seattle. That is just too much for a player like Arrington.

And as Christl excellently said, there is a reason that Arrington was in the dog house of Gibbs, who is arguably one of the best coaches in the NFL. Perhaps he is also not a "Packer People" that MM eluded too?

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Another nice signing by Ted. What better way to convince Favre to return than bring in a BIG speedy WR for him to play with. CLICK FOR MORE

Our running attack is top 10(maybe top 5, but i wont push it) in the league with Green,Gado, and Davenport.

Our WR corp of Walker\Driver\Gardner\Boerigter is a veteran group of talented WRs (minus javon, who is young and acting stupid right now).

Yay Packers!

1. How do you figure that the running game is "top 10(maybe top 5)"? Green was very ineffective last year before getting hurt, and Davenport has been injured every year. Gado is interesting. OL- needs major work.
2. WR-Walker is not a sure thing coming back. Gardner was a top pick, but there is a reason he has been cut. I don't know about Boerigter.
3. Henderson was good, but showed major signs of decline last year.

This is not a slam. I am just wondering what facts you are basing this on.
They need to pick up veteran G to solidify the OL. Also, I agree about CB, Ty Law would be a nice pickup for a run next 2 years, time period with Favre.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT-romadz if this great pair of ICONS allmost Gods named TT and MM want bigg targets they might sign a dinosaur, a big T-Rex will work.

They MUST understand that they need to get GOOD BIG TARGETS WITH WNOUGH BRAINS TO GET THE PLAY BOOK IN THEIR HEAD, this signing is another 3rd class player, and if you play cheap you get cheap things.

If I where Brett I will call a press conference, thank the fans, thank the media, call it quits, and make it clear "I think I can play for a couple of more years at top level, but due to the circumstances the truth is that I´d ratter be with my family than playing for a team bound to loose for the next 4-5 years".

God I was out for 10 days, and the first thing I read is this opinion about Boeringer is a great player !!!! No way we lost Vinnatieri HE IS A GREAT player, not this kind of bench warmers !!!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
tromadz said:

Yay Packers!

1. How do you figure that the running game is "top 10(maybe top 5)"? Green was very ineffective last year before getting hurt, and Davenport has been injured every year. Gado is interesting. OL- needs major work.
2. WR-Walker is not a sure thing coming back. Gardner was a top pick, but there is a reason he has been cut. I don't know about Boerigter.

They need to pick up veteran G to solidify the OL. Also, I agree about CB, Ty Law would be a nice pickup for a run next 2 years, time period with Favre.

It's the same group of RB we had last season with an even weeker line (so far). How we became a top 10 running team is beyond me. Realize something 4th and 26, facts have nothing to do with some posts.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Boerigter sounds like an intriguing prospect. His height/weight ratio is about the same as Javon Walker's, so apparently he's not just a beanpole.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
well the defense is pretty much the same(better actually)

KGB\Pickett\Jenkins\Kampman with Montgomery and Cole is one of the best D-lines in the league.

The only thing Id like to see fixed on defense is..(you know where im going with this..) the CB situation.

Our main needs now are Oline(guards) and CBs.. thats my opinion anyway.

I hope Mike Montgomery has more of a role at DE on run situations, I think he was solid every time I saw him last year, hopefully KGB can get back to elite-pass rusher form, and hopefully we have some more ways to get at the QB, I think Pickett brings what Grady didn't, in terms of being able to collapse the pocket in some way, also Jenkins and Kampman are solid at creating some form of pressure--hopefully Poppinga can return,

Linebackers, As it stands, Barnett-Taylor-Thomas is solid as it is, I'd still like to see Mario Williams over AJ Hawk, but my gut feeling is that AJ Hawk will be a packer, and we will have a solid LB core, solid D-line, a very good front seven

The secondary is still where we need one key player. Al Harris, Ahmad Carroll, Mike Hawkins (who added weight) are our three corners, which is alright, I'd like to see more of Hawkins, but I'd also like to see an addition, either Woodson, Ahmad Plummer, or a draft pick--possibly Alan Zemaitis in the 3rd round. We need some depth

To stay on topic, Boeritger was a nice signing that is going unnoticed,

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
tromadz said:

Yay Packers!

1. Ahman Green is one of the most reliable RBs in the league(when healthy). He had his worst year with that bad line, and got hurt. Samkon Gado is an impressive up and comer who got 150+ yards TWICE...BEFORE HALFTIME. Davenport, well he is just a big banger, and he can return kicks. I wonder if he can stay healthy.

The o-line doesn't look too great now, but its march 27th. WE did Sign K Barry back, we got Wells...who finally knows what position he'll play all year, as well as two of some of the best Tackles in the league. The o-line will get fixed by september.

If you dont think Green\Gado\Davenport is a top 10 running attack...well...im sorry.

2. Driver\Gardner\Boreigter\Moulds - Javon looks like hes on his way out. Thats our WRs. Super big talent doesnt mean anything at WR. Not when you have Favre. He makes the WRs. If they can catch, and jump, they will be turned into stars.

3. Decline? Where was the decline? When he was hurdling linebackers? Did he lose inches on his hurdle? Im always judgmental on henderson, cuz I expect him to just...drop dead one day, but he continues to keep coming, keep working, keep impressing. I dont...understand your point there.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talent + effort + Passion + Pride + Faith means everything not just in football but in life my friend...

There is no point in having a WR like Fergy who will not be passionate enought fo pight for a ball, not intelligent enought to run a good route or to be able enought to change it when needed, etc., as we all know.

So far from your four guys at WR the only proven one is Donald the other 3 guys, 2 are a question mark as have prove nothing and the 3rd is not even in the roster.

And I dont think Green and Davenpoop coming from big injuries + an unproven rookie are near a top 10 running attack, I am sorry you think they are.

What I think is that TT is not even interested in winning the next year as he is a draft guy if we have another bad season he will have a nicer position to draft players next year, I think that he wants his own team, I think he is damaging the Packers, if you dont,,, well,,, I can understand freedom of tought, and I will die to keep it a liberty for everyone.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unproven rookie? He got better after every game, because he can be taught. 150+ yards before halftime twice, with a 'horrible, bad , crappy' offensive line.

cant have it both ways.

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
-possibly Alan Zemaitis in the 3rd round. We need some depth

Zemaitis is a first early second round guy...he might be the Packers second round pick if Woodson isn't signed....remember they will test Woodson to see if he still has the speed to play CB, so if they sign him its to play CB not S, it would kill me if they move Collins....

Boeritger is a nice signing, it will be hard to bring in Pro Bowl receivers until the Walker situation is resolved and the Favre situation is solved....

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THis is another good signing. Our 1-2 punch in Gado and Green will be top 10 rushing attack. Green isnt injury prone and is way ahead schedule. Gado ran great last year and is a hell of a worker. THink about it Gado did great with our line. with an improved line next year he could be even better. And will some people stop with the damn conspiracy stories saying he doesnt want to win.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the thing that impresses me the most, is gado improved game after game. Sherman was not happy with gados first performance(which was solid), and they taught him some things, and showed him some film..

the next week...

he was much better. Dr. Gado is smart, and that scamper against detroit is proof he ha speed, and never quits:

Calling Dr. Gado, this is the ENDZONE, we need you here STAT!

(I apologize if the link deosnt work, im at work, and the access we have here is limited...cuz they hate me.)

Members online

Latest posts