1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

GB Packers in Bulgaria

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by packers_BG, Dec 25, 2009.

1. packers_BG

packers_BG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Hey people!
    Greatings from Bulgaria - a small country in Eastern Europe... where there are Packer fens!! We are not many, but we are more than the others :D
    I am a sport journalist with the Bulgarian national television, i comment volleyball and Moto GP and people... my dream is to step at Lambeou one day!
    You must know - Packers are in our harts forEVER!

2. CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Welcome to the forum! :)
    And Merry Christmas!

It's great to meet and talk to Packers fans from all around the world. If someone would have asked me if there are any Packer fans in Bulgaria I would have guessed no. Great to hear that the allure of the green and gold stretches that far!

3. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Awsome man, good luck with that dream of stepping on Lambeau. I have the same dream and I live in NY. :p Lets compete to see who can do it first :D

4. Pugger

Pugger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Welcome to the forum! It is fun to chat with Packer fans from all over the world here on the Internet. :hi:

5. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    Welcome to the forums :)

It's great to see Packer fans from the other end of Europe. Hope you get to see Lambeau one day!

6. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Welcome to the forums and Merry Christmas! Glad to know the Packers are making fans even in Easter Europe! Cool.

How is the popularity of the sport in Eastern Europe?

7. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +437
    Ah, well, fortunately the Packers seem to be very popular across the world. Who needs America's team when you have people all over the world supporting the Packers?

8. packers_BG

packers_BG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Unfortunately it's not so popular, there are other tradition sports in this part of the world - soccer, volleyball, basketball... Frankly, most of the people are making jokes with me, couse I love this game and they don't understand it... You know that always people say first NO about the things they don't understand! But that's OK..
    We have one team here - Team Sofia! They are working very hard and try to make the sport more popular. They are young boys, most of them, 18-24 years old, and we expect them to qualify for the Central European championship, it will be great :)

9. packers_BG

packers_BG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    I spent 4 mounths at Madeline Island as a student work and travel program in 2005, I was closer than you but couldn't go to Green Bay! But that was the moment they entered my heart, when I saw what Packers mean for the people in Wisconsin, when I saw what tradition and spirit they have! It's fantastic!

10. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Are you able to watch NFL games in Bulgaria?

Good luck to your team Sofia.

11. packers_BG

packers_BG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks!
    I have ESPN America at my place, so I have no problems with that... but when they don't broadcast Packers I just browse the net for stream :)

12. Ted's Zombie Army

Ted's Zombie Army Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Hello BG, and welcome to the forum. I live in Wisconsin, and I'm always happy to see how far around the globe the Packer's fan base stretches. I hope you can make it back sometime and enjoy the best game atmosphere that the NFL has to offer. Go Pack!

13. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Yep, Jerry Jones spent $1.2B dollars on his stadium and a 50 yard HD screen and still can't complete with the experience of seeing a football game in GB Wisconsin.

14. YoKramer

YoKramer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +29
    Welcome to the forum man, its crazy how we can get every Football game here but cant get a decent MotoGP broadcast my how lucky you are lol

15. packers_BG

packers_BG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    where are you from?
    I know it's hard, but Dorna are doing all their best to make you pay for every second.. :))
    So, people, where are we going this year..?? I hope at least Conference final..