GB not making playoffs isnt so bad

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last 5 years or whatever (500) the packers have been in the playoffs. And when playoff time rolled around, I(you too probably) were all in your own little 'packer-playoff world.' Who the packers playing? Who is hurt? Sherman sucks? Can Favre do it?

BUT....not this year....we were 4-12!

And it isnt so bad, watching the playoffs as a football fan, and not just a packers fan. The stakes are SO high in the playoffs, and when favored teams lose to 'inferior' teams(steelers,panthers,etc) its so TRAGIC! I LOVE IT! I can watch peytons face, as he says "he missed it" with that forced smile ALL DAY LONG. I can watch vanderjagtegeaet throw his helmet on the ground all night. And The bears...well...im enjoying that the most. This is probably the 2nd place joy bears fans have had the last 5 years. Yeah they got into the playoffs, had a better record, beat us twice...but now they lost on a huge stage, and are right next to us next week watching some OTHER teams playing playoff football.

Playoff football isn't as bad as I thought when your team isnt in.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
here from PFT.com
8. Peyton Shows His Naked Butt And ******.

We've long believed that Colts quarterback Peyton Manning is a big, bolted-neck phony. He says and does all the right things, for the most part, when the cameras are on and folks are watching. But it's our opinion that, in his heart, he's a spoiled brat who thinks he's better than everyone else.

Finally, he has given us something concrete on which to base these beliefs (apart from the allegations of Jamie Ann Naughright).

Actually, he gave us two.

The first one came late in the third quarter of Sunday's loss to the Steelers. Facing fourth and two from their own 36 and trailing 21-3, head coach Tony Dungy sent in the punt team.

And Manning sent them back.

It was one of the worst examples, in pro sports history, of disregard for the office of the head coach. Dungy is the head coach, for crying out loud. Manning is the quarterback.

Yeah, we know that most quarterbacks have the ability to call audibles. But that's part of the authority that the head coach specifically has delegated to the quarterback. No head coach ever has given the quarterback the power to decide whether to go for it on fourth down.

In this case, Manning showed that he regards himself as bigger than the coach -- and that's a big problem.

As one league insider explained to us on Sunday evening, too many players on that team genuinely love Dungy. And Manning blatantly violated Dungy's role. It could create serious problems in the locker room moving forward.

The second bit of evidence came after the game, when Manning tried to explain away his inability to get the passing game going by throwing his offensive linemen under the buffet table: "I'm trying to be a good teammate here. Let's just say we had some problems with protection."

Actually it was a slam on both the blockers and the coaching staff, since the coaches have a pretty big role in keeping the defenders out of the quarterback's face.

"This is on a new level," one league insider said. "This guy is a selfish SOB."

Amen.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, manning and dungy have an agreement on situations like that. Manning is allowed to do that. It isnt the first time hes told the punt team to leave.

ALSO

I just seen the manning comments...and dude...give him a break. I wouldnt blame him for saying "protection sucked, let me list the guys who blew it" but he didnt, yeah the "im trying to be a good teammate but.." line was a little shakey, but dude had TONS of reasons to be mad, and I think he held his own good. Manning is (arguably) the best QB in the league, but hes pretty useless when he is on his ***. Do something o-line.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
No, manning and dungy have an agreement on situations like that. Manning is allowed to do that. It isnt the first time hes told the punt team to leave.

ALSO

I just seen the manning comments...and dude...give him a break. I wouldnt blame him for saying "protection sucked, let me list the guys who blew it" but he didnt, yeah the "im trying to be a good teammate but.." line was a little shakey, but dude had TONS of reasons to be mad, and I think he held his own good. Manning is (arguably) the best QB in the league, but hes pretty useless when he is on his ***. Do something o-line.

I didn't write that, in case you are not aware.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasnt sure about the 'AMEN' at the end, but i disagree, no matter who said that stuff. I dont just start fights with you, wanna fight about it? :)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I wasnt sure about the 'AMEN' at the end, but i disagree, no matter who said that stuff. I dont just start fights with you, wanna fight about it? :)

haha hey think since we got jag back, maybe if bates leaves we'll bring back donatell? lol

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont even wanna think about non-bate defense, like i dont wanna think about a non-favre offense.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pretty lame article...like Tro said, Manning has called off the punt team numerous times. as far as the protection comment goes, that was a bit shady, but Peyton is pretty much a coach on the field. he adjusts coverages at th line for god's sake...so who's fault is that again?

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
The last 5 years or whatever (500) the packers have been in the playoffs. And when playoff time rolled around, I(you too probably) were all in your own little 'packer-playoff world.' Who the packers playing? Who is hurt? Sherman sucks? Can Favre do it?

BUT....not this year....we were 4-12!

And it isnt so bad, watching the playoffs as a football fan, and not just a packers fan. The stakes are SO high in the playoffs, and when favored teams lose to 'inferior' teams(steelers,panthers,etc) its so TRAGIC! I LOVE IT! I can watch peytons face, as he says "he missed it" with that forced smile ALL DAY LONG. I can watch vanderjagtegeaet throw his helmet on the ground all night. And The bears...well...im enjoying that the most. This is probably the 2nd place joy bears fans have had the last 5 years. Yeah they got into the playoffs, had a better record, beat us twice...but now they lost on a huge stage, and are right next to us next week watching some OTHER teams playing playoff football.

Playoff football isn't as bad as I thought when your team isnt in.

Isnt that right? There is no humiliation in losing neither when you are not in. A bigger relief is that the Vikings are not in it either.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dungy said after the game that the punting team got a little over zealous on 4th down and rather instinctively started running onto the field, or were ready if need be. Dungy said he agreed with Manning and waved them back.
Hammer

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tony Dungy said after the game that he told Peyton they were going for it. The punt team just got a little anxious and started to run onto the field without being sent in by the HC.

As for Peyton's post-game comments, the Colts did have a few protection issues, but Mr. forehead also had a little holding onto the ball for 5 seconds problem. This guy needs to learn to move a bit in the pocket or throw it away rather than standing there and taking hits. A lot of those sacks came from him holding the ball too long, not a lack of protection. You can't expect the OL to block forever.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hammer said:
Dungy said after the game that the punting team got a little over zealous on 4th down and rather instinctively started running onto the field, or were ready if need be. Dungy said he agreed with Manning and waved them back.
Hammer
This is the one thing the Media (cameras) preferred not to show the audience.
Even the national commentators tried to make it into something else.....

But, the comment about protection was dead on --- I had told several die-hard blue-ies... that Jeff Saturday wasn't gonna get away with it this time... and they all sneered, like most Colts fans usually do.... I had been reading several Steeler articles about how this time around the Steelers would be just as healthy as the Colts had been the last time they played each other - several Colts fans tried to say, well, the Colts were hurt, too -- I disagreed - not like Big Ben had just had surgery... eh? Can you ever imagine Peyton ever coming back from surgery THAT quickly? Not me, and I live around these Dolt fans....

One thing is always sacred when it comes to the elder Manning.....
When you see him dancin' - like he did yesterday - its time for the Colts to hang it up. They lost that game, because Peyton got scared and started questioning his own skills - when he gets near the Lombardi, in any way - it's time to find some quaaludes, or whatever... cause, he'll need 'em. And, here I thought only Belicheck could put that kinda scare into Peyton. Now, I know for a fact that it's Manning, himself, that does that.... He was nervous the WHOLE game. And there was no call for that, at all. After a 99mil contract - he owes this team something better. I think he oughta give the money back.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another point could be made that Peyton is at the line calling out protection for himself as well. I mean, the guy takes about every second on the playclock to snap the ball. Is there some fault that should be thrown his way a little bit too for not recognizing who was coming on the blitz???

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
yes..it is..

It's terrible that that the Pack isn't in the playoffs....

(it was fun watching the Bear's lose though..wasn't it Phil..HAHA..)

(although..I don't like the Panthers...too many cocky bastards dancing around after a play...I hope they get pasted in Seattle next week! Go Holmgren...)

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
yes..it is..

It's terrible that that the Pack isn't in the playoffs....

(it was fun watching the Bear's lose though..wasn't it Phil..HAHA..)

(although..I don't like the Panthers...too many cocky bastards dancing around after a play...I hope they get pasted in Seattle next week! Go Holmgren...)

I dont know 66, I think Holmgren is going to be the one getting pasted.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts