GB interested in Linebacker BEN TAYLOR?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who the hell is ben taylor? <--click here to find out!

scout.scout.com: 2003: Break-out season for the Browns was somewhat interrupted by injuries, but not enough to prevent Taylor from 95 tackles and an interception... Won the starting weakside linebacker role during training camp... Had a stellar game against New England, making 21 tackles... Back and elbow injuries interrupted the season, causing Taylor to miss three games and see limited action in two others... Also contributed four special teams tackles.

in 05 he got 77 tackles in his return from injury year. started all the games, and appears to be 100% now.

At first when I read 'Ben Taylor' I'll be honest, i got a little mad. Another no name guy...but I wouldnt mind this pickup if it happened.

If our LB core was AJ HAWK - NICK BARNETT - BEN TAYLOR . ....thats not too bad at all.

But lets get Townsend for the love of god, no more Carroll!

I am sure more info will become available on him in the next day or so.

edit - if this signing (they havent even met with him yet) does come true, and we sign another 'no name guy' i will be of the opinion TT is up to something Major...its like hes gathering energy for a big ol signing of greatness.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yep, that packers.scout article thats floating around on the main page had him as someone we're interested in or something..

there are a good number of quality CBs on the market, and if we dont get one of them...i will be upset.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i have it on good sources that TT is also interested in signing...

Ben Cartwright...as his weakside LB....

(that boy really knows what he's doing...)

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that's how rumors get started!!!

It was actually Andy Taylor that TT is after.

My bad he wants Andy for the strong side, that gives us

Ben Cartwright.............Nick Barnett...........Andy Taylor

Now there is a formidable set of linebackers!!!!!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ben Cartwright from Ponderosa and Andy Taylor from North Carolina?

Perhaps Jack Webb of Los Angeles.

Ted is showing patience and discipline(or if you don't like him inaction and niggardliness). There are plenty of free agents out there that don't require millions to sign. Some of you are forgetting that hiring a less talented player for more money can hurt the locker room cohesion. Thompson looks for good character guys to help locker room cohesion.

"We will sign no player before his time."

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:

Ted is showing patience and discipline(or if you don't like him inaction and niggardliness). There are plenty of free agents out there that don't require millions to sign. Some of you are forgetting that hiring a less talented player for more money can hurt the locker room cohesion. Thompson looks for good character guys to help locker room cohesion.

I hear Andy Taylor wanted too much money, so Ted has targeted Barney Fife -- but is having trouble getting ahold of his agent. (Don RIP). Ben Carwright is tied down with work at the Poderosa but I heard Ted may target his cook for the K job, that is unless Ben out bids him. :-?

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

I hear Andy Taylor wanted too much money, so Ted has targeted Barney Fife -- but is having trouble getting ahold of his agent. (Don RIP). Ben Carwright is tied down with work at the Poderosa but I heard Ted may target his cook for the K job, that is unless Ben out bids him. :-?

I wonder if Barney Miller and Wojo are available?
Hammer

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got hurt on a ski accident 3 years ago, I underwent 2 surgeries and I am again on my prime, TT I will sign for the rookie minimum..

Sign me and you will get a cheap, unexperienced, old football player that will be a total bust, BUT YOU CAN MAKE MY LIFETIME DREAM REAL to be a PACKER, anyway I dont think I can look worst than Fergy or any of those great guards that you signed last year,,,,,, I dont want to even remember they names ohhhh I remember now one of them had a couple of rings from the Pats, I didnt know they gave a SB Ring to the water boystoo !!!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Who the hell is ben taylor? <--click here to find out!

scout.scout.com: 2003: Break-out season for the Browns was somewhat interrupted by injuries, but not enough to prevent Taylor from 95 tackles and an interception... Won the starting weakside linebacker role during training camp... Had a stellar game against New England, making 21 tackles... Back and elbow injuries interrupted the season, causing Taylor to miss three games and see limited action in two others... Also contributed four special teams tackles.

from what i've read in the past, taylor's solid, it's just that he's on the Browns and goes unnoticed, and I'd be alright with that signing, I like what he brings, a solid tackler--injuries are a concern, but then again, most every NFLer I can think of has been dinged up at some point, as long as its nothing chronic

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Taylor would be a good signing. He would fit in our scheme nicely and is a big upgrade over Robert Thomas/Paris Lenon.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Taylor would be a good signing. He would fit in our scheme nicely and is a big upgrade over Robert Thomas/Paris Lenon.

In Lenon's defense he did solid this season in a role he's never really been regarded as--and he's still a reliable special teamer

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
porky88 said:

In Lenon's defense he did solid this season in a role he's never really been regarded as--and he's still a reliable special teamer

I agree. Lenon was better than thomas and almost as good as Diggs. Id love to keep Lenon in case ben taylor\aj hawk is a bust...and in case of injuries.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I agree. Lenon was better than thomas and almost as good as Diggs. Id love to keep Lenon in case ben taylor\aj hawk is a bust...and in case of injuries.

yeah

if thompson intends on making this a contending team...a quick turnaround if you will--we're gonna have to have some vets around--not a combination of free agents, waiver pickups, and other new faces.

We don't have many veterans, Packer veterans, guys who have been around Lambeau Field, who know the facilities...the surroundings, hell everything, even down to "the good place nearby to eat". Looking completely outside X's and O's of football, every team needs guys who will be around to tell the newbies how to handle the local media, make others feel at home, and really make this a team environment--as I pointed out during the season, the chemistry blew all season.

Kampman is back, Grady no one knows, Henderson would be a killer loss--but so what if Minnesota will throw him an unreasonable amount of money, bring back a guy like Tony Fisher who has many career games played as a Packer and has different uses and will not cost a lot to retain

Sorry if I went off topic right there, but sometimes the makeup of a team lies beneath the roster of players--there are always teams with good PLAYERS that end up underachieving--certainly holes should be filled through free agency (YO, TED), but the brick and mortar type players, like Lenon who my last post here was about, are essential to building a true TEAM

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Don't you get it yet Javon...???

TT could care less about team cohesion and winning NOW...

He's in it for the long haul...and want's to build a team of his people..."Packer People"...whatever the HELL they are..???

In his view...in a few years...(5 or 6?) these people will be veteran Packer players...and then you will have your "team cohesion"....

Members online

Latest posts