GB Hotels brace for today’s release of Packer' Home schedule

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is article from Green Bay Press-Gazette. This is the day(Thursday April 6,2006) that the NFL releases The Packers home game dates. There fore fans (esepecially first time fans) planning to come to Green Bay for a Packer home game weekend this year, should read this article and be aware of shortage of Hotel rooms in Green Bay during Packer home game weekends. If you are coming to GB for a Packer game make your hotel reservations immediately.

Posted Apr. 06, 2006

Hotels on hold until Packers’ plans unfold
Jamie Hoerres, front desk clerk at the Road Star Inn in Ashwaubenon, works the counter Wednesday. With today’s pending release of the Green Bay Packers schedule, area hotels and motels are gearing up for an onslaught of reservations. B.A. Rupert/Press-Gazette

Businesses brace for today’s release of season schedule

by tony walter
[email protected]

This is the day like no other in the hotel and motel business in Northeastern Wisconsin.

Crazy.

And for football fans, it’s a day when speed dial meets busy signal.

The release of the Green Bay Packers’ regular-season schedule — set to become public at 1 p.m. Green Bay time — will launch a telephone frenzy that will keep hotel clerks and hotel room seekers busy well into the evening.

“We put on an extra person just to answer the phones,â€

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: GB Hotels brace for today’s release of Packer' Home sc

I wonder if the 4-12 record last year will have any effect on this. I know the last 2 games last season you could get tickets for the games below face value. I know because i did it.

Duves

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would say if Brett does come back for one more year.. Everyone will want to see Brett play one last time.. I know I would.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang, they waited til later in the second half of April, last year.

Got to get a move on with our Members - we's got plans.......

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I wonder why people don't just make a reservation for every weekend during the football season(or at least the time of year you would like to go) last year for this year and cancel the ones that they don't need when the schedule comes out. Unless they have some sort of charge being it's a weekend on football season, but most the national chains allow 24-48 hour notice to cancel.. I would call now Prez before the schedule comes out. 1-800-Holiday, give it a try if you need rooms.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i work at a hotel part time and i know that even in Fargo, ND, if there's an event going on in town that weekend, the hotel won't allow that, and will make you pay up front for any reservations/room holdings. Fargo is bigger than GB and has more hotels, but i have to believe that the hotels in GB either charge your credit card up front, because even if it is a national chain, each franchise makes their own policies on that type of thing.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cheesehog said:
I wonder why people don't just make a reservation for every weekend during the football season(or at least the time of year you would like to go) last year for this year and cancel the ones that they don't need when the schedule comes out. Unless they have some sort of charge being it's a weekend on football season, but most the national chains allow 24-48 hour notice to cancel.. I would call now Prez before the schedule comes out. 1-800-Holiday, give it a try if you need rooms.

I did this in Jan/Feb. Not all hotels require you to prepay (though the ones close to the stadium either do or say that those weekends are not available over the internet so you have to call the hotel directly where they'll require prepayment.

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I suppose so and guess that they would. I would argue the fact with them that it would be unfair bussiness policy when they actually don't know if there is an event that weekend when nothing is scheduled yet. But it's too late for that right now.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brace? The Green Bay hotels don't brace. They stand by in anticipation of all the money to be rolling in.

4-12 and Favre-less will only affect ticket prices, I doubt if it will dampen the hotel market.

Road trip!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
correct. if demand for game tickets go down, the price that the resaler dictates will also go down. no matter what, lambeau WILL sell out, which means hotels will too

Members online

Latest posts