Gb has a RUNNING game and a PASS defense now!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pass D and our Running Offense have looked bad most of the year, and we've been waiting for it to improve, and the last 2 weeks, it has stepped up.

2 100 yard rushers on offense!

Interception, sacks, and 14 points given up by the defense!

Bills next week...let the improvements continue!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah the multiple tips and 3rd down stops werent that good.

cmon now fellas....it was better(still not great or anything)

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just because we got INT's doesnt mean our pass coverage was good. It flat out sucked. But Woodson has been stepping it up. Which is very good to see.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pass D is still very very shaky. Forget the numbers and look at how many wide open recievers there were. The Cards had 5 drops in the first half alone. Indianapolis would have carved us up to the tune of 400 yards passing against this secondary.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pass D wasn't that good today trom. Like last week, we benefitted from a number of drops.

True, but people did expect Lienart to light us up and he didn't. Although our pass rush against a makeshift Oline has me concerned.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our linebackers were covering passes better than the secondary. Our pass D in the middle was awful. Arizona was consistently getting more than 10 yards when passing in the middle.

But we do have a running game and that's great news!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's interesting because it seems that when we don't blow coverages, we look pretty good. Yeah, I know that's an understatement, but the truth is that we still gave up 20 first downs today and I'd bet that most of them were on pass plays on third down with blown coverages.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lleinart made the bears(best D in the league) look silly on MNF. GB picks him off, tips multiple balls(yes some coverages were nonexistent), and held the cardinals to under 300 total yards easy, and we complain?

Well, whatever, to each his own. complain your hearts out.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as usual trom, you never fail to overstate things. No one is saying our defense sucks, just that our pass D still needs some work.

Well, we did hold the Cards to 160 yards passing. That's a step in the right direction if ya ask me.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think the d played better today. but there is definitly romm for improvement. i'd like to see more forced fumbles especially when we get to the quarterback

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lleinart made the bears(best D in the league) look silly on MNF. GB picks him off, tips multiple balls(yes some coverages were nonexistent), and held the cardinals to under 300 total yards easy, and we complain?

Yah. Obviously the Packers are much better than the bears now!!

My hat is off. This post is very realistic by MOST people.

Run game looked good. A Green continues to make me look great in FF. Woodson appears to be on the verge of being a great pickup. Pass D looks good and punt returns are exciting, if not effective (yet). OLIne. All the negative things that I have said are turning out to be lies. They looked solid. Go NFC North!

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think the d played better today. but there is definitly romm for improvement. i'd like to see more forced fumbles especially when we get to the quarterback

I'm an OSU fan and I agree with how Jim Tressel looks at things. ALWAYS look to improve no matter how good you are or how much you win by...

There is definitely room for improvement, but as a fan it's nice to see our run game pick up LIKE THAT...

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
do the lions play this week???

Don't think so. They can HAVE the cellar of the division while we make an attempt at competing for second place :thumbsup:

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with you, trom. I didn't see the game, but when I look at the stats I see: Leinart-157 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 4 sacks. AZ rushing: 1 TD, 86 yds, 25 carries. Granted, this isn't outstanding, but come on, we picked Harrington thrice last week, and every one pointed to his 414 garbage-time yards. This week, they put in an all-around solid performance. No way around it, folks, we're improving.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Yah. Obviously the Packers are much better than the bears now!!

My hat is off. This post is very realistic by MOST people.

Run game looked good. A Green continues to make me look great in FF. Woodson appears to be on the verge of being a great pickup. Pass D looks good and punt returns are exciting, if not effective (yet). OLIne. All the negative things that I have said are turning out to be lies. They looked solid. Go NFC North!

yeah, cuz i said GB was better than the bears. Go back to the Smack section.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
I'm with you, trom. I didn't see the game, but when I look at the stats I see: Leinart-157 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 4 sacks. AZ rushing: 1 TD, 86 yds, 25 carries. Granted, this isn't outstanding, but come on, we picked Harrington thrice last week, and every one pointed to his 414 garbage-time yards. This week, they put in an all-around solid performance. No way around it, folks, we're improving.

I'm amazed at your ability to opine as to a game you never saw.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

So is the schedule.

Members online

Latest posts