Gb has a RUNNING game and a PASS defense now!

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
I'm with you, trom. I didn't see the game, but when I look at the stats I see: Leinart-157 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 4 sacks. AZ rushing: 1 TD, 86 yds, 25 carries. Granted, this isn't outstanding, but come on, we picked Harrington thrice last week, and every one pointed to his 414 garbage-time yards. This week, they put in an all-around solid performance. No way around it, folks, we're improving.[/quote]

How awful that must be for the people that hate TT and MM.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
I'm with you, trom. I didn't see the game, but when I look at the stats I see: Leinart-157 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 4 sacks. AZ rushing: 1 TD, 86 yds, 25 carries. Granted, this isn't outstanding, but come on, we picked Harrington thrice last week, and every one pointed to his 414 garbage-time yards. This week, they put in an all-around solid performance. No way around it, folks, we're improving.

I'm amazed at your ability to opine as to a game you never saw.

I'm amazed at your recycyling of posts.

:soapbox:

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
I'm with you, trom. I didn't see the game, but when I look at the stats I see: Leinart-157 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 4 sacks. AZ rushing: 1 TD, 86 yds, 25 carries. Granted, this isn't outstanding, but come on, we picked Harrington thrice last week, and every one pointed to his 414 garbage-time yards. This week, they put in an all-around solid performance. No way around it, folks, we're improving.

I'm amazed at your inability to read an entire post. I didn't see the game, but stats don't lie.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The classics never die my friend.

This is a sincere question. Are you EVER happy? I mean ever in life? Was it a perfect win? No of course not, but wins in the NFL rarely are...

We NEEDED this game and most of us were unsure wether or not we'd even show up let alone win. We won by 17 against a team we are SUPPOSED to beat at home. It's a good thing and a good step forward for the youngest team in the league with one of the youngest HC's in the league.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
pack_in_black said:

I'm amazed at your inability to read an entire post. I didn't see the game, but stats don't lie.

I think stats do lie sometimes. (ie. GB #1 pass defense last year, Kyle Orton's winning record)

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever. It's bs that because I didn't see the game, I can't give an opinion. I look at the play-by-play, and read the stats. That's all I get. So, compared to those same stats I was looking at throughout the season, there is improvement. Sure, the Colts would probably beat us. Fact is, we didn't play the Colts today. Or last week. We're 3-4 now, and I could give a **** how bad we look on passes over the middle, and how we 'should' have lost.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:

This is a sincere question. Are you EVER happy? I mean ever in life? Was it a perfect win? No of course not, but wins in the NFL rarely are...

We NEEDED this game and most of us were unsure wether or not we'd even show up let alone win. We won by 17 against a team we are SUPPOSED to beat at home. It's a good thing and a good step forward for the youngest team in the league with one of the youngest HC's in the league.

I'm often happy. In fact, I'm happy right now. What I also am is realistic. The pass D was not good today, that's all I said. It was better than it has been, but it wasn't good and I don't think anyone who saw the game today would argue that.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
pack_in_black said:

I did read your entire post. You agreed with trom's assessment and offered an opinion that the D put in an all-around solid performance notwithstanding the fact you didn't see the game.

re your last statement, I have two comments: 1) there are lies, damn lies and statistics; and 2) stats are for losers.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
TOPackerFan said:

I'm often happy. In fact, I'm happy right now. What I also am is realistic. The pass D was not good today, that's all I said. It was better than it has been, but it wasn't good and I don't think anyone who saw the game today would argue that.

I'm glad you are happy about the win and while I agree I wouldn't mark this the day that the pass D arrived, but it was good none the less. It was good and much better. A couple of breakdowns, but that does happen TO EVERYONE including the very good Ds. We are getting better and that is what counts.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
TOPackerFan said:
pack_in_black said:

I did read your entire post. You agreed with trom's assessment and offered an opinion that the D put in an all-around solid performance notwithstanding the fact you didn't see the game.

re your last statement, I have two comments: 1) there are lies, damn lies and statistics; and 2) stats are for losers.
\

I agree stats are for losers. Like 414 yards on our pass defense.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think stats are overrated but they are impt. the only stat that really matters is the W. (excuse the cliche)

Reaction score
Let's lay off TO because he has differing opinions, no need to go after his head.

TO, the pass D has to start somewhere in terms of improvements, and it has shown that against two below average teams.

With that said, it is no where near a level that is acceptable, and there are still players who are blowing assignments and not communicating properly. I'd say the pass D has been playing "decent" the past two weeks because of the steller play of Harris and Woodson really coming on. Otherwise, our safties are still nothing to brag about, and our pass rush still leaves a lot to be desired.

Our D has done this against two below par teams, which it should use as a building block. Have this same D go against a team like the Colts, and we'll be shown up big time.

Showing up for 1 or 2 weeks DOESN'T mean the D has turned the corner, IMO there is still a LONG way to go before this D can even be classified as average.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Let's lay off TO because he has differing opinions, no need to go after his head.

TO, the pass D has to start somewhere in terms of improvements, and it has shown that against two below average teams.

With that said, it is no where near a level that is acceptable, and there are still players who are blowing assignments and not communicating properly. I'd say the pass D has been playing "decent" the past two weeks because of the steller play of Harris and Woodson really coming on. Otherwise, our safties are still nothing to brag about, and our pass rush still leaves a lot to be desired.

Our D has done this against two below par teams, which it should use as a building block. Have this same D go against a team like the Colts, and we'll be shown up big time.

Showing up for 1 or 2 weeks DOESN'T mean the D has turned the corner, IMO there is still a LONG way to go before this D can even be classified as average.

You mean those 6-0 Colts? They've been showing up everyone anyways. We obviously wouldn't beat the Colts right now, but people are and should be excited about improvement.

Reaction score

You mean those 6-0 Colts? They've been showing up everyone anyways. We obviously wouldn't beat the Colts right now, but people are and should be excited about improvement.

I agree Cory, however the fact that we have improved against two teams that have a bad QB and no O-Line should also be factored in. We improved against teams that are bad, and while that is a good sign, it means nothing when we face of against someone like the Bears, Pats, etc.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well look at Denver, that is a D that is holding up against the Colts. The Packers have a long way before they get to that point.

was holding up to the colts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts