GB Favre Drama to Be Over Quickly

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So as we sit here, some with trepidation, some with anticipation. We enter in the annual yearly traditions. Christmas, New Years and Favre retirement watch. Which thankfully this year I believe will come in short order.

I believe Favre will make his decision in late February or early March. I do believe he will come back for his last hurah. Why you ask.

1. He is so close to the All Time TD mark ( I mean comeon I know he says he doesnt care but to me how could it not sit in his head I am sure even the current holder would tell him to go get it)

2. His family will decidely tell him to keep going and finish it up in GB a team and community that has stuck by him through thick and thin.

3. TT and MM have both said they want him back. Honestly I dont think the powers that be are honestly that excited about AR taking over. He may be a good QB but whenever he is talked about it is with gaurded optimism and not excitement.

4. Favre realizes that he will have weapons next year and a O-line that will be better. He will have three recievers that will be a legitimat threat in spreading the field and a KR that can give good starts.

5. D will be nothing but better as well. Look for some tweeks to be done ( Shotty)

6. And look for another exciting draft. Say what you want but TT has had two very nice ones.

:twocents:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
He made his decision. He's playing next year. He simply only told me and his family. You guys have to wait for a public announcement.

Probably at his Charity golf tournament! haha sorry I HAD to throw that in.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So as we sit here, some with trepidation, some with anticipation. We enter in the annual yearly traditions. Christmas, New Years and Favre retirement watch. Which thankfully this year I believe will come in short order.

I believe Favre will make his decision in late February or early March. I do believe he will come back for his last hurah. Why you ask.

1. He is so close to the All Time TD mark ( I mean comeon I know he says he doesnt care but to me how could it not sit in his head I am sure even the current holder would tell him to go get it)

2. His family will decidely tell him to keep going and finish it up in GB a team and community that has stuck by him through thick and thin.

3. TT and MM have both said they want him back. Honestly I dont think the powers that be are honestly that excited about AR taking over. He may be a good QB but whenever he is talked about it is with gaurded optimism and not excitement.

4. Favre realizes that he will have weapons next year and a O-line that will be better. He will have three recievers that will be a legitimat threat in spreading the field and a KR that can give good starts.

5. D will be nothing but better as well. Look for some tweeks to be done ( Shotty)

6. And look for another exciting draft. Say what you want but TT has had two very nice ones.

:twocents:

I'll give you five reasons he'll be back next year and the year after:
1. Donald Driver
2. a healthy Greg Jennings (you all haven't seen anything yet - wait until he's healthy)
3. KRob will be back. We'll have the most exciting WR trio in the NFL
4. an improved OL
5. TT will pick up a good TE in free agency

My personal opinion about Favre, he likes winning more than stats.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
TT has not had two good drafts...

He's had one bad one and one decent one....

He'll have to sign at least one good FA receiver to tempt Favre to come back...

Ferguson should be cut for the money he's making and KROB is too much of a question mark at this point.

I hope TT comes through, finally.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll give you five reasons he'll be back next year and the year after:
1. Donald Driver
2. a healthy Greg Jennings (you all haven't seen anything yet - wait until he's healthy)
3. KRob will be back. We'll have the most exciting WR trio in the NFL
4. an improved OL
5. TT will pick up a good TE in free agency

My personal opinion about Favre, he likes winning more than stats.

I think the Bengals would still top us with their trio.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Farve will return if he is in good health,and Farve says he is still is . Also if Farve feels he is still able to make the throws necessary to still to the job as QB of the Green Bay Packers. Which he feels he still can do.

However, things can change very quickly in pro football. Favre says he doesn't want to play QB in NFL if he no longer in good health or can not to job as QB in NFL. He will not just hang around the NFL and just go through the motions.

I think, he will make the decsion very quickly this time using these two criteria. I don't think he wants go though the same procedure as he did last year in making his decision about retirement.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont think he waits till March to announce..

I bet by the time Feb rolls around he will have it made..I think he knows that it only helps the team out more if he makes it as soon as he can

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
TT has not had two good drafts...

He's had one bad one and one decent one....

He'll have to sign at least one good FA receiver to tempt Favre to come back...

Ferguson should be cut for the money he's making and KROB is too much of a question mark at this point.

I hope TT comes through, finally.

I do not think it fair to call his 1st draft bad. He has his top pick sitting behind a HOF QB, thus not contributing. He also had a promising WR ended early by injury.

I will agree that this year is decent, but has the potential to be very good.

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Favre will be back;

2. But unlike this year if he does not play well at the start of the 2007 season, I wouldn't be surprised if the national media starts to turn on him and state that he is played one year too long. From there the pressure will mount on MM to make a decision that could get ugly. The media this year has not really focused on Brett's lower level of performance because most national outlets think this may very well be his last hurrah and they want a fairy tale ending.

The same happened to Cal Ripken. Towards the end the national media started to analyze whether he was hurting himself and the Orioles by continuing to play. It was about at that point he retired and gave the nation the fairy tale ending they wanted.

Stay tuned.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he better come back - didn't make it to a game this season - i've gotta see him play at least one more time!! :D

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he drags it out like he did last season just to **** off the media. They have asked him in just about every press conference this season if he thinks hes going to come back or retire. And he tells them the same thing every time. Im really impressed with Bretts patience in handling the media, because I dont think I would be so nice.

They kind of remind me of when kids bug their parents with, "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think he waits till March to announce..

I bet by the time Feb rolls around he will have it made..I think he knows that it only helps the team out more if he makes it as soon as he can

He's said as much in his press conference. "I'm sure they wanted the decision quicker last year. I think that's the appropriate thing to do, to give them a decision as soon as possible," Favre said

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts