1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Gb fans are the BEST according to a NATIONAL Sports guy

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Dec 18, 2007.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,480
    I mentioned this guy a few times...

He does a Tv show for the Raiders and hosts a NATIONAL sports talk show every night.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22258569/

2. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't wanna be that guy, but this article has been posted here already. Good read though.

3. isocleas2

isocleas2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good read.

4. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting he says that capitalism is the reason why Green Bay fans are polite to opposing team's fans. I'd come out and say I've lived in a lot of places, and mid-Westerners are hands down the most genuinely nice people, and Wisconsin has the nicest of the mid-West.

5. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    I agree, midwesterners and Canadians are generally the friendliest people in N. America. Internationally, we weren't treated all that great in Europe, but my wife and I were treated really well in Russia. I felt the Russians were genuinely friendly and just wanted to talk and show you a good time. I met a lot of a-holes in England, France and Germany. The Dutch were really nice people.

6. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for posting this aritical, very interesting. I have always said that as well, you cannot beat WI people and especially living somewhere else you can really notice a big difference on how people treat others.

I love that I am from the state of WI!!! So many people have asked me where I am from, when I tell them WI then they say "yep that accent". They can tell that I am different. I hope different in a good way..LOL..

7. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i never got the accent thing. we say soda, instead of pop, and bubbler instead of drinking fountain, other than that, I do not get the accent thing.

8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,480
    There is a real accent, some not as much as others but its there..

but I think the bubbler thing is more southeastern wis..

9. TheKanataThrilla

TheKanataThrilla Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've never been to the mid-west, but I found that people from Buffalo and Upper New York were really friendly.

Lumping all Canadians together is rather tough. Toronto people are not that friendly by and large (I was happy to move after spending 4 months there). East Coast Canadians are amazing and so are many in Quebec once you get past the language problems.

10. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's hard to watch football with any other type of fans (and don't EVEN get me started on Patriots fans out here) after enjoying so many games in Lambeau. You could take a 60 year old woman out of Green Bay and she would put to shame almost any Pats fan with her knowledge of the game. You rarely hear loud boos over obvious but damaging calls on the field like you do at other venues. We all love being fans of the greatest sports franchise in the country, but we also just LOVE FOOTBALL. And you can tell.

11. The_Butler_did_it

The_Butler_did_it Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone who grew up in WisCONsin has a definite accent. Having grown up in Wi and living in Tennessee, Pittsburghn and Texas I have been quickly
    identified as a Wisconsinite many times via my "accent". We have a definite identifiable twang so to speak. Not quite as bad (or good :) as a youper.

Oh ya hey them Packers are going all the way...You Betcha !

12. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yaaaa heeyyyy deeerrrreeeee!!!

13. TOPHAT

TOPHAT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Trom or mod candidates, as an American right thing to do along with responsibilities in being a potential mod, you are requested to inform the "rules authorities" that 'TOP HAT" posted this article on the past Saturday, as jdlax pointed out, and merge the threads under my heading name. I enclosed supporting evidence of the link. Where is all da packers to lock or merge this thread?:

Sports Greatest Fans: Cheeseheads!
    MSN Tribute to City, Team & Pack Fans!

http://www.packerforum.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13507

:USA: :eek:mg: :rules: :rules: :eek:mg: :rotflmao: :USA: