GB-Dt broadcast

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From Dr. Z's weekly rankings...

26 29 Green Bay Packers (3-10)
When I die and go to hell, hell will be a Brett Favre game, announced by the ESPN Sunday night crew, for all eternity.

This certainly applies to Brett, but others as well. They tend to kiss up to a lot of players ad nauseum

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw that quote. This is not just a shot at the announcers, it is a shot at Favre also. Zimmerman, who knows absolutely NOTHING about sports, absolutely HATES Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers, in general. He constantly bashes both when he gets a shot.

I remember back in the early 80's? at the draft when "Dr. Z" said "there is absolutely NO WAY the Packers pick a QB with this selection. My close sources in Green Bay have told me they are not interested in Rich Campbell."
We all know what happened next. Although we now wish he was right, I remember how embarassed he was with all the other "experts" snickering. He actually said something like "well I will never listen to anything those guys in Green Bay say". I swear he hasn't had a good thing to say about Green Bay since.

He did get one thing right...."when I die and go to hell..."

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But don't you just love his wine recommendations? And Peter King's obsession with Starbucks for that matter.....
Hammer

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea....Hammer. I really love to read about "ten things I think I think" or about his daughter's junior high field hockey team. These guys all have to be cute now.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Yea....Hammer. I really love to read about "ten things I think I think" or about his daughter's junior high field hockey team. These guys all have to be cute now.

Sounds like a huge waste of web space.....

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Musscy..

One question..

Why do you seem to hate Brett Favre so...?

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't read the post as a knock on Brett, more the announcers, so that wasn't my intention...

As for my "hate" towards Brett. There are a few reasons I'd rather not discuss, but one of them is I don't think anyone should be, dare I say, worshiped like he is. He's just a player...a damn good one that's one of the main reasons for the Pack's 15 years of success, but still just a component of the machine.

profootballtalk.com refers to him as "lord favre" for a reason," he's done some great things, but the perception that he's immune from criticism has worn on me the past 5 years...so I guess my frustration with him probably comes a lot more from media/fans than from his performance.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate Brett????

musccy: I have never seen you write anything remotely close to seeming like you HATE Favre. You offer a good comment on your not needing to worship him, but I have a hard time seeing where you needed to grace such an absurd question with an answer.

I agree with you on the aspect that the GREAT Brett Favre is in the end just a man who puts his pants on one leg at a time. He will always be one of my favorite players of all time, but no player is above critic -- NONE

musccy said:
I didn't read the post as a knock on Brett, more the announcers, so that wasn't my intention...

As for my "hate" towards Brett. There are a few reasons I'd rather not discuss, but one of them is I don't think anyone should be, dare I say, worshiped like he is. He's just a player...a damn good one that's one of the main reasons for the Pack's 15 years of success, but still just a component of the machine.

profootballtalk.com refers to him as "lord favre" for a reason," he's done some great things, but the perception that he's immune from criticism has worn on me the past 5 years...so I guess my frustration with him probably comes a lot more from media/fans than from his performance.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66:

You asked me a question back in the Myth of Halftime adjustments thread. Did you see my response? If so, what did you think? respond back in that thread please.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
hmm...Musscy...5 years eh...?

about the same time SherRossley's been here...(conincidence? I THINK NOT!)

and Bruce..when did your name become Musscy...

I just think it's being a bit of an INGRATE to criticize and pin every little thing that goes wrong in this organization on FAVRE...especially after all he's done for this organization..but so be it...yes..he is only human...especially when surrounded by inferior coaches and receivers....

and Bruce..as for your response to the "myth of halftime adjustments.."

Well..i just don't buy it...

Halftime is when you are supposed to see if the gameplan you worked on all week IS ACTUALLY WORKING...and if it's not...then you have to make adjustments to it...

This is one of my big criticisms of SherRossley..they're like.."hey..we do what we do..and that's all we do..we don't change"..but if you see that a team like the bear's has a hellish pass rush by their front four..then you throw screen's and flats..and dump passes to the TE's to counter their agressiveness...you also try to run right at them...

but SherRossley never seems to do the things that would be logical...

For instance..if the DB's play the receivers soft then you throw quick slants in front of them...etc...

I really don't see the Packers "adjusting" their game plan to do these kinds of things...

and to tell you the truth...I would really like to know why...?

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The better question would be when did your name become Musscy. The post I wrote was to him in reaction to what he wrote.

As for the half time adjustment, I gave you an example, but as is typical you simply ignore all that does not fit your obssessive Sheman hatred.

P@ck66 said:
hmm...Musscy...5 years eh...?

about the same time SherRossley's been here...(conincidence? I THINK NOT!)

and Bruce..when did your name become Musscy...

I just think it's being a bit of an INGRATE to criticize and pin every little thing that goes wrong in this organization on FAVRE...especially after all he's done for this organization..but so be it...yes..he is only human...especially when surrounded by inferior coaches and receivers....

and Bruce..as for your response to the "myth of halftime adjustments.."

Well..i just don't buy it...

Halftime is when you are supposed to see if the gameplan you worked on all week IS ACTUALLY WORKING...and if it's not...then you have to make adjustments to it...

This is one of my big criticisms of SherRossley..they're like.."hey..we do what we do..and that's all we do..we don't change"..but if you see that a team like the bear's has a hellish pass rush by their front four..then you throw screen's and flats..and dump passes to the TE's to counter their agressiveness...you also try to run right at them...

but SherRossley never seems to do the things that would be logical...

For instance..if the DB's play the receivers soft then you throw quick slants in front of them...etc...

I really don't see the Packers "adjusting" their game plan to do these kinds of things...

and to tell you the truth...I would really like to know why...?

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack66...I don't consider myself to be an ingrate, and certainly not because of my sentiment towards a football player :roll:

And I think you're being a bit hypocritical here, do I fault Brett for a lot? Yes, but I blame many others as well, and also give Brett his credit (re-read my post that you just responded to). However, I'd be willing to bet 75% of your posts, if not more, allude to Sherosley's bafoonery, and how all blame rests on his shoulders.

We've said this 100,000 times...the Packers are limited in their play selection due to the poor play of the interior line. That applies to the guards pulling on screens, or opening holes in the interior...but they still call the short dump off stuff that you're begging for...look at the detroit stats...those completions to Henderson, Fisher, Lee, and Martin aren't 30 yard bombs. The Pack played a ball control game v. dt which was successful, and is probably what they should continue doing this season.

RECEIVING
REC YDS TD LG
W. Henderson 4 38 0 15
D. Martin 5 38 0 16
D. Driver 4 32 0 19
R. Ferguson 2 28 0 17
D. Lee 3 20 0 13
S. Gado 1 9 0 9
A. Thurman 1 9 0 9
T. Fisher 1 -4 0 -4

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seems like an awful lot of rationalizing to me..Musscy..

(and my question is to you....what took SherRossley so long? Because this certainly wasn't the case for 3/4 of the season...)

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
part of the reason is that they couldn't run for squat. I don't know if it just took this long for the O-line to "gel," if Gado is that much better than the others, or what, but they had no success running the ball early on.

but also keep in mind that you are now criticizing Sherrosley for not adjusting to more ball control, but you were one of those yelling that the ball wasn't in Brett's hands enough all season long.

Members online

Latest posts