Games in London

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not exclusively a Packers question, but I'm interested to hear what you guys make of the games in London and whether you think it's a good or bad thing.

I can understand some fans being peeved at losing a home game and being deprived of the chance to go to the match. I can also understand the NFL wanting to cater to Euro fans and to tinker with the idea of expanding (I don't think that would ever work, I don't know a single fan in the UK that would drop their team for a London based one).

If nothing else I suppose it gives some fans from the States an excuse to come to London to see a game, and a chance to watch a game over breakfast if you don't want to travel.

Back to watching the Jets muller the Blowholes

Thoughts?

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mind watching a game at 10 AM Eastern Time as long as the Packers aren't in it.
My wife hates it because it means a full day of me parked in front of the TV.
This one ain't much of a game to watch.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we seem to just send crap teams over there. hardly seems like the best way to build interest.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the Dallas game last year, so you send the best on occasion too :)

and who did you guys play? have we ever sent a good... *game* over?

if anyone was curious

2007 October 28 Fox New York Giants 13 Miami Dolphins 10 Wembley Stadium
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
London 81,176

October 26 CBS San Diego Chargers 32 New Orleans Saints 37 Wembley Stadium
London 83,226

October 25 CBS New England Patriots 35 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 7 Wembley Stadium
London 84,254

October 31 CBS Denver Broncos 16 San Francisco 49ers 24 Wembley Stadium
London 83,941

October 23 Fox Chicago Bears 24 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 18 Wembley Stadium
London 76,981

October 28 CBS New England Patriots 45 St. Louis Rams 7 Wembley Stadium
London 84,004

September 29 CBS Pittsburgh Steelers 27 Minnesota Vikings 34 Wembley Stadium
London 83,518

October 27 Fox San Francisco 49ers 42 Jacksonville Jaguars 10 Wembley Stadium
London 83,559

September 28[34] CBS Miami Dolphins 38 Oakland Raiders 14 Wembley Stadium
London 83,436

October 26[34] Fox Detroit Lions 22 Atlanta Falcons 21 Wembley Stadium
London 83,532

November 9[34] Fox Dallas Cowboys 31 Jacksonville Jaguars 17 Wembley Stadium
London 83,603

October 4
New York Jets

Miami Dolphins
Wembley Stadium
London

October 25
Buffalo Bills
Jacksonville Jaguars
Wembley Stadium
London

November 1
Detroit Lions

Kansas City Chiefs
Wembley Stadium
London

2016 TBA TBA TBA
Jacksonville Jaguars
Wembley Stadium
London

OP
OP
Beagle

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They just mentioned in the game coverage that they're hoping to go with 4 games next year

desertdog55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently the Packers were considered to play the Jaguars next year in London. The Jaguars rejected it, and chose to play the Packers in Florida, since the Packer fans travel so well. They would finally have a game be sold out there.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know the whole rights and what not to the CFL, but if the NFL wanted to go international, they should've tried putting a Canadian team first. We are pretty close to them, we already have other sports who have teams in Canada. I think Canada would embrace a NFL Team as well. Just my thought

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know the whole rights and what not to the CFL, but if the NFL wanted to go international, they should've tried putting a Canadian team first. We are pretty close to them, we already have other sports who have teams in Canada. I think Canada would embrace a NFL Team as well. Just my thought
Not many years ago the thinking was to move Buffalo Bills to Toronto.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I used to live in London. There is very good support for NFL over there. The games at Wembley all sell out quickly. And that's not a small stadium.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the previous posters who think Canada should be experimented with first. There would be so many logistical problems with the London team. There are successful franchises in the NBA and MLB in Toronto that have been there for quite some time, I don't see why the NFL doesn't try a team there first. If they are concerned with taking away from Buffalo's market, why not try Montreal? It's a city of 1.6 million people (and a metro area of 3.8), already with a CFL team. Toronto and Montreal are by far the largest cities in Canada, and would come without the logistical nightmare that a London based team would have. Toronto/Montreal would be a good location to try the sport in an international market, and if it's successful there, then maybe branch out further.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I agree with the previous posters who think Canada should be experimented with first. There would be so many logistical problems with the London team. There are successful franchises in the NBA and MLB in Toronto that have been there for quite some time, I don't see why the NFL doesn't try a team there first. If they are concerned with taking away from Buffalo's market, why not try Montreal? It's a city of 1.6 million people (and a metro area of 3.8), already with a CFL team. Toronto and Montreal are by far the largest cities in Canada, and would come without the logistical nightmare that a London based team would have. Toronto/Montreal would be a good location to try the sport in an international market, and if it's successful there, then maybe branch out further.

Why do people think we want a team in London ??

I

I don't understand the fixation the NFL has on London. I don't get it.

I cant be 100% certain, but I would say MOST European football fans don`t want it, or would support it. We already HAVE our favourite teams.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do people think we want a team in London ??
I don't think most people do, but the NFL does, and it's not because the population may want it, it's because they want to expand their brand and make more money. The same reason they try and jam soccer down our throats over here. Other than taking their kids to it to play on weekends I can think of 2 friends out of hundreds of acquaintances and friends that would take time out of their day to watch soccer. That doesn't stop them from pushing the heck out of it to try and make it more popular and hopefully grow their brand

I

I don't think most people do, but the NFL does, and it's not because the population may want it, it's because they want to expand their brand and make more money. The same reason they try and jam soccer down our throats over here. Other than taking their kids to it to play on weekends I can think of 2 friends out of hundreds of acquaintances and friends that would take time out of their day to watch soccer. That doesn't stop them from pushing the heck out of it to try and make it more popular and hopefully grow their brand

And it simply wont work. British and European fans might enjoy going to yearly games, but we ALL follow our own chosen team. I used to go regularly, but in the past few years it`s more an afterthought. I speak personally but I am a Packer fan, and I wouldn`t WANT to follow any other team full stop.

Sky King

Reaction score
Personally, I have my doubts that the NFL will gain in popularity enough to cause expansion outside the USA. Reciprocally, I have no rooting interest in soccer or F1 racing. Hooray for those that do. But those sports will do just fine without me as a fan and the NFL will do just fine without having any of their teams based outside the USA.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And it simply wont work. British and European fans might enjoy going to yearly games, but we ALL follow our own chosen team. I used to go regularly, but in the past few years it`s more an afterthought. I speak personally but I am a Packer fan, and I wouldn`t WANT to follow any other team full stop.
well that's good, or they'd remove your moderator status :) But Packer fans are all over the world. They don't stop because they live in Arizona and they have the Cardinals. Or any other place with or without a team.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers won't play in London next season. The NFL announced the Jaguars will play the Colts, the Rams will face an NFC East team and the Bengals will square off against the Redskins.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

The Packers won't play in London next season. The NFL announced the Jaguars will play the Colts, the Rams will an BFC East team and the Bengals will square off against the Redskins.

Will you stop peeing on my barbeque ! You'll be telling me Santa Claus doesn't exist next.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe I've posted this on this site before, but...
Should the NFL move a team overseas, or play a super bowl overseas, then as far as I'm concerned they can go to hell, because I'll be done with them from that point on. I'll stick to college and high school until such time as another league starts up here.
They can't fix instant replay, officiating or anything else that continues the products slide into mediocrity, but watch these ******* billionaires rush to sell their mothers souls to the devil for that extra nickel rolling loose in the corner.
The fans here made their product a multibillion dollar a year industry, and they want to spit in their faces
to chase money overseas? Then pack the whole damn thing up' all 32 teams, the whole kit and kaboodle, and see how much you make anywhere else. You won't be missed.

Rick 12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and who did you guys play? have we ever sent a good... *game* over?

if anyone was curious

2007 October 28 Fox New York Giants 13 Miami Dolphins 10 Wembley Stadium
London 81,176

October 26 CBS San Diego Chargers 32 New Orleans Saints 37 Wembley Stadium
London 83,226

October 25 CBS New England Patriots 35 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 7 Wembley Stadium
London 84,254

October 31 CBS Denver Broncos 16 San Francisco 49ers 24 Wembley Stadium
London 83,941

October 23 Fox Chicago Bears 24 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 18 Wembley Stadium
London 76,981

October 28 CBS New England Patriots 45 St. Louis Rams 7 Wembley Stadium
London 84,004

September 29 CBS Pittsburgh Steelers 27 Minnesota Vikings 34 Wembley Stadium
London 83,518

October 27 Fox San Francisco 49ers 42 Jacksonville Jaguars 10 Wembley Stadium
London 83,559

September 28[34] CBS Miami Dolphins 38 Oakland Raiders 14 Wembley Stadium
London 83,436

October 26[34] Fox Detroit Lions 22 Atlanta Falcons 21 Wembley Stadium
London 83,532

November 9[34] Fox Dallas Cowboys 31 Jacksonville Jaguars 17 Wembley Stadium
London 83,603

October 4
New York Jets
Miami Dolphins
Wembley Stadium
London

October 25
Buffalo Bills
Jacksonville Jaguars
Wembley Stadium
London

November 1
Detroit Lions
Kansas City Chiefs
Wembley Stadium
London

2016 TBA TBA TBA
Jacksonville Jaguars
Wembley Stadium
London
Don't have team in LA for years but these greedy idiots are playing games in London WOW !

Members online

Latest posts