1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Gameday

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ArkansasPackersFan, Aug 9, 2013.

1. ArkansasPackersFan

ArkansasPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Green Bay vs Arizona tonight at 8pm (7pm central time)

Even though its a preseason game, I can't wait. I've been waiting since February for Packer football to start again :D

2. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    I can't wait either!!! WOOOT WOOOT!!!!:cool:

3. ArkansasPackersFan

Ratings:
    +6
    I mostly want to see Lacy at RB today

4. Einstein McFly

Einstein McFly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +229
    You probably won't, and for good reason. Hammys are nothing to mess around with (ask CM3) and if Lacy has a sore hammy at all he should rest. He's obviously okay when healthy based on the scrimmage so if they're going to make him their #1 back this year and give him a ton of carries, why wear him down in the preseason? If you're a Lacy fan, the less you see of him now means the more you'll see of him when it matters.

5. ArkansasPackersFan

Ratings:
    +6
    I wasn't aware he had a sore hamstring now, Apparently he didn't practice yesterday either.

Rest would be best for him you're right.

6. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +832
    No More Injuries!!! Get out of this game clean.

I want to see Hines. He looked like a beast last week and he should get plenty of reps.

7. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    THAT is the ONLY thing I care about AT ALL PERIOD END OF SENTENCE.

Anyone remember what happened last year in the 4 preseason games that mattered in the end?
    NOTHING, except losing Desmond Bishop in the FIRST fake-game. It ended his season, and his Packer career.

I hate HATE HATE pre-season games because they do not matter other than the catastrophic injuries.
    Let the Niners, Giants, Seahawks, and Falcons have them this year. We have had more than our share already for this decade.

8. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +832
    I don't know how you change the preseason but I wish they would do something. Maybe have 2 coach controlled but officiated scrimmages (which teams kinda do already) and then have 2 games with a 75 man roster. These games could count as half a game as far as wins and losses.

9. 16ga

16ga Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Personally I don't have a problem with the preseason games. Yes there is a risk of injury but it gives our guys a chance to play in a game against another team. I see them as an important part of getting all the bugs worked out before the regular season.

Anyway I can't wait to see how the O line and especially Bakhiarti do tonight. Also kinda hope we get to see Crosby tonight. I still have concerns about him and a few good kicks would hopefully put my mind at ease.

10. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    College doesn't have any fake games.
    They all count.

Football is too brutal, physical, violent..... guys go down.
    I'd like to save that for when they count in the standings.

Perhaps one home preseason game for each team, no need for two per team.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sunshinepacker

Sunshinepacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +356
    I most want to see how Datone Jones and Nick Perry play. Those two guys are the key to this team improving on last year. Perry was projected by Football Outsiders as the best pass rusher in his draft class (though they were assuming he would be playing DE) so I really hope he shows some improvement over last year.

12. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,434
    I want to drink beer and eat cheesecurds