1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Game thred: Packers vs Bears @ Chicago

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by all about da packers, Dec 23, 2007.

1. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    They gotta take Favre out WTF.

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I agree,..........i'd pull Favre. The games over, why chance him getting hurt???

3. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Indeed. When teams beat you at the lines, it really is hard to overcome. I mean that is the main match up that must be accounted for in each nfl game. The thing with this game is was not that we didn't focus on this team because I know the Packers wanted to beat the Bears more than I EVER could. The problem was that the Bears' line was just way more physical at the line. I am happy the Bears are out though and that they showed this team again their vulnerabilities.

4. Melt74

Melt74 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    McCarthy's decision-making has been less than stellar today...

5. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Including keeping Brett in this game.

6. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think today he really was playing with an empty deck. The players just didn't execute. I promise you will hear that phrase more than anything in the post game interviews from the players.

The announcers on Packer radio made a very very scary point. The Bears are missing four starters on their defense included Vasher and Briggs and we still couldn't take them.

7. Sangill

Sangill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Now this has been a pain to watch..

But it's leaving me thinking. With the Pack playing like this in this type of weather, maybe it's not such a bad thing playing Cowboys in Dallas in a NFC Championship game that might (dare I say should?) be later on.

Terrible... just terrible.

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think the players SHOULD be "executed!" :wink: :lol:

9. Melt74

Melt74 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, and I certainly don't want to see a big dose of Barber with the way our D is playing in this game. (Yes, I realize Pickett's out, but this is the BEARS, not the 'Boys.)

10. Mortfini

Mortfini Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i cant remember the last time i turned the game of early This was a Joke as least we can recover some morale next Week vs the lions

11. c_mac

c_mac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    Has anyone in here ever seen a team look more disinterested in a playing a football game, hell for that matter basketball, baseball, or badminton?

Seems to me if these guys didn't want to play then they should have just stayed home. The NFL allows for forfeits. I didn't expect this team to just hand over home field to Dallas like this.

12. Sangill

Sangill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    With that ****** passer rating, maybe he dosn't wanna be pulled. I wouldn't be suprised if MM don't have any saying in this.

13. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It is funny how much we were our own enemy today. I almost wanted the Bears to keep the ball so that the points against would come from their offense and not our special teams and mistakes, but hey, that is how the Bears win the games they win. They are who we thought they were :-p

I just talked to my dad too who was watching the game and it seems that the youth in this weather really is a huge deal here. The center was dragging the ball getting it too slick for Brett and the lines just did not know how to plant themselves to win the important match ups. I agree with the ones who say that it may be best that we don't have homefield advantage.

14. Sangill

Sangill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Damn, Barnett is pissed

15. Melt74

Melt74 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya, and he's acting like an idiot out there.

16. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, Brandon Jackson looks like he wants to play. Wish the rest of the team did too.

17. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Lets not all jump ship.............it was ONE game, it's over. "Eminem" willd ride them this coming week to make SURE it doesn't happen again. I believe these guys will remember how bad a week they have after a loss, and won't want to have that feeling again.

18. numbertwentyfive

numbertwentyfive Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Today was an absolute embarrasment to Packers fans everywhere. I have never been truly embarrassed to be a Packers fan before, EVER. Until today.

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Then you must have not been alive during the 1970's and 80's.
    And you SHOULDN'T be embarrassed now. (JMO)
    I mean....we are 12-3, going to the playoffs. The Bears arn't. Yes, we layed an egg today..........but its only ONE game!
    3 weeks from now, we are hosting a playoff game at home! Don't be so glum! If we win that, we are in the NFC Championship game!
    The 1996 Packers went 13-3, and won it all. They lost 3 games that year too. Yet i bet NO ONE cares about those 3 losses now.
    If we DO win it all, i won't give a hoot that we lost to the Bears.
    Would i have rather beat them? Of course! But we have to go on and not hang our heads too low. I bet the Bears would gladly swap a sweep of us for a playoff spot right now!

20. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    I agree Alan, how many Packer fans would have EASILY traded with the Bears last year?

look at this

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/results.nsf/Teams/1996-gb

Year we won the SB

13-3

Lost to Minnesota

Then lost back to back games to KC then the Cowboys.

Pack 13-3

Lost to Philly ( ended up being 6-9)

Detroit

Then Indy (ended up being 3-13 )

21. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Heh. Too funny.
    The 70s and 80s hardened my tolerance for looking bad. I remember when Dickey was injured, it was scary being a Packer fan. When he played, we'd lose, but at least we'd score a lot of points. Then the late 80s was really bad until the Majic man lit up the scoreboard in '89. Then he got injured and was never quite the same.

Weird thing happened when this Brett Favre guy came off the bench and started winning games. I don't know what it was with that kid, but he looked like he really, really wanted to win. All of a sudden, we went from being the NFC's laughingstock to being a playoff team.

A lot of younger folks don't remember this.

22. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    How true LT and Zombie! These "kids" have been SPOILED by Favre! They are USED to the Packers winning! Us old guys remember the HARD times, and have learned not to take winning for granted. Thats why i get mad everytime a "Favre needs to retire" thread would pop up. Some people won't realize what we have had, till it's gone. Now.....that said........IF we DID win the SB this year, i could see Favre retiring on top. Not that i WANT him to go, but i could see that happening. I couldn't think of a more fitting end to the GREAT career he has had with us.

23. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Yeah it could have been worse. In 1980, the Packers lost 61-7 at Chicago. :shock:

24. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I remember that game.............the Bears brought Payton back in the game just to pour it on some more. The Packers were NOT happy with that action.

25. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Urgh! You just had to bring that back.

I was so excited after winning the first game of the season. Chester Marcol, one of my favorite players for the Packers, had the game winning field goal blocked and lo and behold, it ended up in his hands. So what did he do? He ran it into the end zone. yes, he surprised even himself.

So, after winning 12-6 the first game of the season, we go back to play da Bears and I turn on the tv to check the score and we lost 61-7. I thought it had to be a misprint. There's no way the same team that we beat earlier in the year scored that many points. :cry:

As a ten-year-old kid, I didn't take that loss too well.