Game thred: Packers vs Bears @ Chicago

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
That's what I'm saying. Very soft.

Let's not forget to keep things in perspective. If Favre said this is the worst weather he's played in, then it's gotta be pretty bad.

The middle of Soldier Field was re-laid, so the footing is very slippery. On top of that the Defensive players are wearing a lot of layers, making movement difficult, limiting how fast the LBs can break on the ball.

We're also missing our best DT, and our scheme relies on gap control. We're not getting that, which is making things much more difficult for our LBs and Ss.

Well it works both ways the Bears have how mahy guys out?? 4 or 5 key components. Orton has thrown 88 yards and they are making plays in special teams.

To win these games 3 things are important. DEFENSE!! Besides that you have to be able to run the ball and 3rd you have a good performance with no mistakes from special teams.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean the defense has been on the field almost all game. They can't hold up the whole time you know. I really am looking to the offensive line to handle the pass rush better. They aren't helping Brett out at all I think.

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean the defense has been on the field almost all game. They can't hold up the whole time you know. I really am looking to the offensive line to handle the pass rush better. They aren't helping Brett out at all I think.

Our D is just getting run over as far as offense goes we have to be conservative as a INT could cost us the game. being down 2 scores in this game will likely put us away.

And of course you are right we have to protect well. That's part of winning these types of games.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Rios39 said:

Let's not forget to keep things in perspective. If Favre said this is the worst weather he's played in, then it's gotta be pretty bad.

The middle of Soldier Field was re-laid, so the footing is very slippery. On top of that the Defensive players are wearing a lot of layers, making movement difficult, limiting how fast the LBs can break on the ball.

We're also missing our best DT, and our scheme relies on gap control. We're not getting that, which is making things much more difficult for our LBs and Ss.

Well it works both ways the Bears have how mahy guys out?? 4 or 5 key components. Orton has thrown 88 yards and they are making plays in special teams.

To win these games 3 things are important. DEFENSE!! Besides that you have to be able to run the ball and 3rd you have a good performance with no mistakes from special teams.

Fair point.

But we've got a lot of youngsters that are being exposed to these elements for the first time.

But this is terrible play. I'd have expected better from the players and this coaching staff.

Quite sad that we're playing this badly so close to the playoffs.

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rios39 said:

Fair point.

But we've got a lot of youngsters that are being exposed to these elements for the first time.

But this is terrible play. I'd have expected better from the players and this coaching staff.

Quite sad that we're playing this badly so close to the playoffs.

It's going to be really frustrating and SCARY going into the playoffs like this. Just goes to show at home ANY team has a shot at us.

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That'll do it boys.

Brutal showing by everyone. Defense, Offense, Special team wont win too many games when all aspects are BAD.

Well actually if we score a TD very next drive we have a shot. But like that's going to happen. Man whats wrong with Favre.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I gotta hand it to the Bears again. I am starting to agree with the commentators saying they have our number these days. If I am the coaching staff and watching our lines getting dominated, then I don't know what to call you know. We don't have confidence in any situation because it is the 3rd quarter and we have yet to establish either. The Bears defense lives to play against us in this situation.

roy_munson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW ... what a ***** slapp'in ...

Two weeks in a row the Packers have been destroyed in the time of possession battle .... the defense looks soft and tired ... not a good combination ....

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That'll do it boys.

Brutal showing by everyone. Defense, Offense, Special team wont win too many games when all aspects are BAD.
well if all apsects ar ebad cant we call it a freak win?
how often does it happen to this team?

roy_munson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you see that!!!!

At first I thought was Favre was done for the day ... then he finally got the coat off ....

He wants to play real bad ....

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rios39 said:
That'll do it boys.

Last week we were good in one aspect. Special teams. Bad on defense and ok on Offense.

Melt74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the most vomit-inducing showing by our guys in....well, I can't remember the last time I saw anything this gross.

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mateus said:
Rios39 said:
That'll do it boys.

Last week we were good in one aspect. Special teams. Bad on defense and ok on Offense.
so due to 2 weeks of odd plays: were on a landslide and cant stop?
come on now, what ever happened to: once the offseason starts its a whole new season?
hell, why not ask the pats how they feel about the playoffs :wink:

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rios39 said:
mateus said:
Rios39 said:
That'll do it boys.

so due to 2 weeks of odd plays: were on a landslide and cant stop?
come on now, what ever happened to: once the offseason starts its a whole new season?
hell, why not ask the pats how they feel about the playoffs :wink:

We definitely are not playing well. Cowboys aren't playing well now. But you just can't lose games against a team like the Bears. They are BAD.

Members online

Latest posts