1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Game Day Traditions - 1 day left!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tromadz, Sep 10, 2005.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    With kickoff about 24 hours away, I was thinking we could discuss our gameday activities raditionshabits.

I for one, sit in my lazy boy chair and drink Jack daniels and coke throughout the game. I also have my MP3 Player queued up with themed music. I have pump up music, happy music(for after scores), and sad music(for when we are getting trounced like last year in tennesse.) I will also drink a beer or two if I am going through my Jack&Coke too fast.

I do not go to bars for 2 reasons

1. I do not like people, they annoy me
    2. I live in chicago. I do not want to go to a bar and watch my packers while some sloppy bears fan is yakking it up about ditka and the 85 bears (hi, Phil)

What about you guys. What do you do on game days?

2. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I sit in my chair, wear my best Packers wear, make a nice dinner and eat it when I watch the game. I am making bbq ribs, corn on the cob and a baked potato. :)

3. Core

Core Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I listen to the game live through nfl field pass, while i watch the live stat updates on www.nfl.com. I only get the monday night games so im thankfull that the packers got 3 monday games this season (ofcourse work the next day is going to be a killer as the game starts 3 in the morning here). Its actually quite nice to listen to the games, but ofcourse watching every game live would be fantastic.

4. ORRELSE

ORRELSE Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I always wear my personalized white or green #44 ORR jersey depending on home/road games. I have Sunday ticket so I get all the games at home. I sit in the recliner with brats, wings and usually Packer stew (its an Irish stew recipe) or chili for eats. I usually eat during the pre-game shows so I can concentrate fully on the game.

One thing I started new last year was queing up Wayne and Larry on the Sirius radio and synched it up with the TIVO so I could listen to the hometown broadcast instead of the Fox morons every week.

I usually watch the game by myself but if friends come over we listen to the Fox guys. That way the full utilization of TIVO is used, and used frequently. The 8 seconds back replay is awesome.

This year as well I'll be drinking my homebrewed Gravedigger Golden Ale. [​IMG]

5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I try to stay away from bars as well. As you all may or may not have picked up on I am tad on the cocky side.

6. Favreforever721

Favreforever721 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I sit with my football in my hands and watch the Packers every Sunday. I hate commercials because then I have to watch the boring games on CBS! :puke:

7. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I do a themed meal each week based on the opponent. Brats are standard and are always accompanied by another dish. Tomorrow's meal will be brats and Detroit Coney Dogs. I alwas sit in the same spot on the couch wearing either my #4 Favre Jersey or my #36 Butler jersey. Leinie's is a must which means I bring at least 6 dozen back from the US each time I'm there. It also involves some serious rationing.

8. ORRELSE

ORRELSE Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Leinies. Good for you! What is your flavor of choice? Creamy Dark is my favorite.

9. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I go to church, then come home get the food out and start eating then ON GOES THE GAME!

10. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    OMG... Dedication.

Slick? :shock: :rubeyes: No WAY??

11. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the Red Lager, Creamy Dark if I'm eating something spicy or the Honey Weiss. That being said, I'll drink nearly any flavour. The only one I've had I didn't like was the Amber Light.

12. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Whatever has to be finished is finished before the game or it doesn't get finished. I don't want any interruptions, stupid comments or stupid questions. I can handle that! I'm probably too intense. :-?

I hate commercials. I hate it that the NFL can't figure out why the games take longer and they keep adding commercials. To the point now there are more commercial time than football. :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

13. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I am on the road about 45 weeks a year, I move to a new region about every six weeks so I do not have the luxury that some of you do being home with a dish so I have to go to a bar if the Packers or Raiders game is not televised in the corporate apartment I am in.

If I do have to go to a bar I will go to a major sports bar like Champs or a bar just off a University Campus. They tend to be more diverse and do not have a room full of people watching and cheering for one local team.

If the game is on local cable

14. ORRELSE

ORRELSE Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    OMG RP.

If I had that many superstitions/steps before/during gameday I'd give up football. :shock: :p

15. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    THAT - I've been thinking about.. but not yet.... maybe next year...

For me - in case some haven't figured it out yet....

I have to head down to our Hangout about two hours early - get setup and make things right with the Bar mgr and the Staff...

We decorate up, setup our own blowup Frankie (gimme another donut) Winters III - our pump 'em up football guy (that each team has for the fans to setup in their front yards...) - We get him setup in the front of the room and hang our Banners and flags everywhere...

It's a corp Establishment, so we can't leave it,.. 'sides, the Colts fans would ruin everything they could lay their hands on anyways...

If we have silent auctions on clothing or whatever, I get that ready...

We've also done up our very own SQUARES board - Wisconsin style prizes for each quarter included..... EVERYONE looks for the squares board the minute they walk in the room. (You guys should come down one week and I know you'd feel like you hadn't left home turf....)

After that, we always share a few bloody mary's before the game - it's a Sunday mornin' Wisconsin tradition... with the pickle...

I prefer Leinie's myself and we have the regular Honey Weiss on tap and right now they also have the Berry on tap - so we do the Honey Bear mixture... pretty damn decent if I say so myself....

During the next hour, we start to see the fans show up and if the game's not on regular TV, we're lookin' at about 100-150, or more of the local Cheeseheads showin' up... the room holds about 175 without makin' it necessary for the Staff to pass things across the room.

I gotta tell ya - they're ain't nuthin' like it - havin' a whole room of Packerfans all cheerin' so loud you could hear us all the way to downtown Indy...

You guys remember the Vikings losing in Arizona? we seriously took the plaster off the ceiling on that one... and that was with only about 85 fans there that time....

IT'S THE BEST - ALMOST LIKE BEING AT LAMBEAU FIELD - Seriously!
    I guess that's what drives me to take care of the Club like I do....

It don't get no better than that.... and it beats sittin' at home with no one to high five...

Sorry guys, that's just my take on it.. and I wouldn't do it any other way!
    Ya just gotta have a few brethren around to celebrate with... You Have To!

My bud, Mike (in Burlington) will call each other and do shots over the phone to celebrate...

GREAT FUN! GO PACKERS!

16. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If the Pack are on regular TV I'll watch it here, and put in some fresh Copenhagen for each quarter. If I have to go to someone elses house to watch it on Sunday Ticket it'll usually just be beers.

17. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    It won't be on here in Pa. I will have to watch the up dates of the game. :tantrum: :Evil:

18. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    sb commercials are always worth watching.

19. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Throw it all in a crock pot.

20. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1