Game Day Rituals

D

Dan115

Do you do any type of ritual before -during or after a Packer game each week?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Bust out anything Packer... grill something..... and have puhlenty of beer!

Oh the jerseys are a must too!!!

North44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, not really, but I do have a Packers mug that I keep in the freezer ready to pull out on game days for a nice frosty one. (usually beer but sometimes soda ;) )

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the games that we do not attend, I fly a huge Packer flag off of our garage. Like the Packers, the flag is undefeated this year and has had an excellent record since we bought it. I did not fly it for the Sunday night game against the Falcons this year - as it was dark here in Michigan at game time. At halftime I asked "is it too late to fly the flag?"

There I was at 10:00 getting out the ladder in the dark to hang it. The flag was flying, the Pack came back and won, and the rest is history.

WhiteHouseOn3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My jersey is undefeated. It cannot be washed until we lose- don't want to wash away the magic! It goes on exactly 1 hr prior to kickoff, not a minute earlier or later. NEVER wear it outside of gameday, with exception of "Return to Titletown" back in Feb. Cheesehead only worn for NFC North games, only when Pack are on offense. I 100% believe that if I break any of these rituals, they will lose. My co-workers asked me to dress as a Pack fanatic for Halloween (we're in the South and they think I'm completely insane actually liking a pro team), and as tempting as it was, I just couldn't do it. Whenever we trail, I say a quick prayer. So far so good!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
My jersey is undefeated. It cannot be washed until we lose- don't want to wash away the magic! It goes on exactly 1 hr prior to kickoff, not a minute earlier or later. NEVER wear it outside of gameday, with exception of "Return to Titletown" back in Feb. Cheesehead only worn for NFC North games, only when Pack are on offense. I 100% believe that if I break any of these rituals, they will lose. My co-workers asked me to dress as a Pack fanatic for Halloween (we're in the South and they think I'm completely insane actually liking a pro team), and as tempting as it was, I just couldn't do it. Whenever we trail, I say a quick prayer. So far so good!

I do pretty much the same thing with my lucky Bart Starr jersey. My wife and daughter are making faces about not washing the jersey.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I have to stand up for every play. Only sit down for commercials and half time.
My son and I do the same when the Packers have the ball...except he does his old "nintendo" playing jumps while watching!!! (he's 27!)

OP
OP
D

Dan115

I am 58. Many times I am so tired after a game. YES I also do a lot of jumping and screaming. Most people will not watch a game with me.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
In my family, the game day ritual always centers around food. Something Italian and lots of it!!!

Before she married a different Italian out your way, my daughter was dating an Italian from the Jersey side of Philly. He was at our house for a meal and knew of my ties to Germany. He boasted; "The Italians gave the world the church." I replied; "And it took a German to fix it." He just looked at me stunned.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before she married a different Italian out your way, my daughter was dating an Italian from the Jersey side of Philly. He was at our house for a meal and knew of my ties to Germany. He boasted; "The Italians gave the world the church." I replied; "And it took a German to fix it." He just looked at me stunned.

We have Germans in my family. Is Snyder a good name? :) We're not all full blooded Italians, that's just the culture we identify with the most as a family.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Snyders are Bavarians too! In Germany the Berlin/Brandenburg (Prussian snobs) folk make fun of the Bavarians as being like "hicks" in America.

WhiteHouseOn3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On top of it. Jersey is ready to go, I wanted to wear it so badly yesterday, especially after seeing a Bear fan at church.. boooo! And the cheesehead will come with tonight. I'll be away for Tgiving so I need to find a way to pack it for my flight! Hmmmm..

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
I have to wear the same color that the team is wearing... I stand up during the kickoff... I do 13 burpees for the 13 championships we have... then relax

OP
OP
D

Dan115

On top of it. Jersey is ready to go, I wanted to wear it so badly yesterday, especially after seeing a Bear fan at church.. boooo! And the cheesehead will come with tonight. I'll be away for Tgiving so I need to find a way to pack it for my flight! Hmmmm..

We have a guy who wears his 9ers jacket to church.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I have to wear the same jersey undershirt and pants (which I wash lol) and have to have the same hat and shoes on. Im going to the game tonight and I hope it dosnt get to cold cuz I cant wear anything else. Anything above 25 degrees will be good with me!

OP
OP
D

Dan115

I have to wear the same jersey undershirt and pants (which I wash lol) and have to have the same hat and shoes on. Im going to the game tonight and I hope it dosnt get to cold cuz I cant wear anything else. Anything above 25 degrees will be good with me!

MAKE some noise

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
2 green and 1 pink football/Packer helmet/swiss cheese/shape of Wisconsin silly band on right arm. 2 Yellow and 1 green football/Packer helmet/swiss cheese/shape of Wisconsin silly band on left arm. Hand selected green & yellow peanut M&M's to be eaten during team slump. It always generates a turn-around. Wear green shoes with yellow Packer laces (Packer G showing on right foot, "Packers" showing on left foot) that still have a bit of dried hallowed ground mud from 1996 Lambeau Field. Glad I'm not superstitious. :rolleyes:

Staff online

Members online