Game day advice?

Dr Tree

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi all

I’m at Lambeau for the first time (from the UK) on Monday. Will be in Green Bay from midday and would like recommendations on what to do before game time; bars, tailgating, anything else I shouldn’t miss on my pilgrimage to see the Packers (stadium tour etc already booked for Tuesday despite the very large possibility of a serious hangover). Any advice/tips would be great, thanks.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When we go we generally park when lots open (4 hours before kickoff I think is their rule), tailgate and then go in 1/2 hour prior to kickoff. IMHO, the entire stadium area is "electric" with excitement & energy ~ we like to take a beer or 2 and walk around the parking lot & "take it all in". I'm sure if you make it known it's your 1st time at Lambeau as you stroll you'll be offered brats and/or beers along the way ;).

There are organized tailgate parties around where you pay $30 or $40 per person & can eat/drink all you want but I never did those so can't review. Need to pre-purchase tix for these.

SO much Packer history in the Hall of Fame ~ plan on spending time in there reading about the artifacts and history. Have fun, enjoy your time in GB!

OP
OP
D

Dr Tree

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When we go we generally park when lots open (4 hours before kickoff I think is their rule), tailgate and then go in 1/2 hour prior to kickoff. IMHO, the entire stadium area is "electric" with excitement & energy ~ we like to take a beer or 2 and walk around the parking lot & "take it all in". I'm sure if you make it known it's your 1st time at Lambeau as you stroll you'll be offered brats and/or beers along the way ;).

There are organized tailgate parties around where you pay $30 or $40 per person & can eat/drink all you want but I never did those so can't review. Need to pre-purchase tix for these.

SO much Packer history in the Hall of Fame ~ plan on spending time in there reading about the artifacts and history. Have fun, enjoy your time in GB!
Thanks man, really appreciate the advice (especially the bit about mentioning it’s our first time and free beer)! We’ll be on foot as we’re staying at a motel nearby, so can we just walk I to the tailgate area? Also, where is it and do you pay to enter?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you Google search "Packers Tailgate Party" you'll find a couple & if they still have tickets will have a link to purchase right on their site. Most are within a few blocks of Lambeau. Other option is to hit a restaurant INSIDE the Lambeau Atrium & have food/cocktails there ~ guessing it's a bit pricey but also right in the middle of all of the action.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The tailgating in parking lot is private parties, but most are open to passers by. Most will chat and some offer a beer. Offer em a few bucks though. Crazy variety of styles. Brats, chilli, sushi, a little of everything. Polka dancing, Cornhole, kareoke, whatever. Some fancy and formal, some organized, some geographical based (UP fans etc, one year drank with Texas packer backers, 20 hardcore fans made the pilgrimage) some impromptu.

The organized pay ones are mostly south of the stadium. The one at stadium view is the only one I have been to and the band was very good. Outdoor on a beautiful day, was a lot of fun.

Mike peterson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go to Brett Farves tailgate. It was a few years back that I went there but it was a blast! All you can eat and drink for around $30

OP
OP
D

Dr Tree

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you Google search "Packers Tailgate Party" you'll find a couple & if they still have tickets will have a link to purchase right on their site. Most are within a few blocks of Lambeau. Other option is to hit a restaurant INSIDE the Lambeau Atrium & have food/cocktails there ~ guessing it's a bit pricey but also right in the middle of all of the action.
Thanks again man, you’re a start!

OP
OP
D

Dr Tree

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The tailgating in parking lot is private parties, but most are open to passers by. Most will chat and some offer a beer. Offer em a few bucks though. Crazy variety of styles. Brats, chilli, sushi, a little of everything. Polka dancing, Cornhole, kareoke, whatever. Some fancy and formal, some organized, some geographical based (UP fans etc, one year drank with Texas packer backers, 20 hardcore fans made the pilgrimage) some impromptu.

The organized pay ones are mostly south of the stadium. The one at stadium view is the only one I have been to and the band was very good. Outdoor on a beautiful day, was a lot of fun.
Thanks for all the advice, really appreciate it. Can’t wait now.

OP
OP
D

Dr Tree

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To all who sent advice, thanks so much. It was an amazing couple of days. Well worth waiting since 1983 for. The build up, the seats, the guys around us, the game, the result, the day after at Lambeau were all fantastic. Anyone know how a 51 year Brit gets a green card?

Ginslinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi all
Coming to Lambeau for Thanksgiving weekend this year from London England.
I've only been to Lambeau once 9 yrs ago and bringing friends who are Green Bay virgins.

We're wanting to make the most of game day and we've rented a house in Green Bay, so getting to Lambeau early shouldn't be a problem.

Hoping you knowledgable people can help with the answers to some questions please:

1) Heard there are buses taking to people to Lambeau, are there maps of routes etc?
2) Looking to join the tailgate, ideally soaking in as much of the atmosphere as possible - any idea where best around the stadium to go?
3) Would we be welcome to look around parking lots, fronts of house etc?
4) We're clearly going to wrap up warm, is there places to get warm outside?
5) Does anyone know if the organised tailgates cater for those who don't eat meat - we have a vegetarian with us?
6) Does anyone have any recommendations for post game activities?

Anything else we need to know - please feel free to pile in with advice and guidance

Reaction score
Wisconsinites are so cordial when they’re drinking. If you’re not careful.. they will take you home with them, feed you a good german potato salad snd beer and then let you sleep on their sofa.
By morning you’ll be added to the electric bill in case you need to make any changes. Now that’s nice!
If you see Ray or Steve down near the team buses, tell him Gary’s little brother said Hi!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi all
Coming to Lambeau for Thanksgiving weekend this year from London England.
I've only been to Lambeau once 9 yrs ago and bringing friends who are Green Bay virgins.

We're wanting to make the most of game day and we've rented a house in Green Bay, so getting to Lambeau early shouldn't be a problem.

Hoping you knowledgable people can help with the answers to some questions please:

1) Heard there are buses taking to people to Lambeau, are there maps of routes etc?
2) Looking to join the tailgate, ideally soaking in as much of the atmosphere as possible - any idea where best around the stadium to go?
3) Would we be welcome to look around parking lots, fronts of house etc?
4) We're clearly going to wrap up warm, is there places to get warm outside?
5) Does anyone know if the organised tailgates cater for those who don't eat meat - we have a vegetarian with us?
6) Does anyone have any recommendations for post game activities?

Anything else we need to know - please feel free to pile in with advice and guidance
Its been about 6 years since I've been there so I don't know about all the changes with the Titletown District but as far as tailgating goes you will be welcomed. A friendly wave and a Go Pack will at minimum get you the same in return and if they know you are from across the pond it may get you adopted or make you miss your flight home. (see old schools post above) That's the Rams game so you shouldn't have too many groups of opposing fans to deal with (last time I went it was a vikings game and my godson almost got into a fight after the game)

As far as the vegetarian among you I can't say but while most of the Packers tailgates are centered around grilled meat there may be some that offer some vegetarian fare. You should be able to find sponsored tailgates on line and they should advertise if they cater to vegetarians. If not just tell your vegetarian friend that meat consumed while celebrating at a Packer game, while delicious, does not count (neither does the beer.)

Hope its a blast for you and unless its poring rain all day or bitter cold it should be.

Ginslinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks all for the advice

We've had some disappointing news and had to change plans.

One of our group has been hospitalized and while he is recovering, he and his missus won't now be able to make the trip.
So we now have 2 tickets for Rams game next weekend that I need to sell.

However, Ticketmaster seems to need a US bank account or address to resell (despite allowing us to purchase with a UK credit card)
Anyone know of anyone who is in the area and up for attending the game.
Not looking to make any profit, happy to sell at face value or below to it.

Can't use Stubhub as the barcodes don't have an alphanumermical code but can email tickets or ideally meet up at Lambeau

Tickets are indoor club seats in section 486.

Any thoughts/takers/suggestions please?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tickets are indoor club seats in section 486.

Any thoughts/takers/suggestions please?

I wish I would have seen this beforehand. I probably would have driven across the border to join you. How did the tailgating go? Were you able to sell or get rid of the tickets?

Latest posts