1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Game day advice?

Discussion in 'The Green Bay Life' started by Dr Tree, Oct 11, 2019 at 6:58 PM.

1. Dr Tree

Dr Tree Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Hi all

I’m at Lambeau for the first time (from the UK) on Monday. Will be in Green Bay from midday and would like recommendations on what to do before game time; bars, tailgating, anything else I shouldn’t miss on my pilgrimage to see the Packers (stadium tour etc already booked for Tuesday despite the very large possibility of a serious hangover). Any advice/tips would be great, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pkrjones

Pkrjones Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    When we go we generally park when lots open (4 hours before kickoff I think is their rule), tailgate and then go in 1/2 hour prior to kickoff. IMHO, the entire stadium area is "electric" with excitement & energy ~ we like to take a beer or 2 and walk around the parking lot & "take it all in". I'm sure if you make it known it's your 1st time at Lambeau as you stroll you'll be offered brats and/or beers along the way ;).

There are organized tailgate parties around where you pay $30 or $40 per person & can eat/drink all you want but I never did those so can't review. Need to pre-purchase tix for these.

SO much Packer history in the Hall of Fame ~ plan on spending time in there reading about the artifacts and history. Have fun, enjoy your time in GB!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dr Tree

Dr Tree Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Thanks man, really appreciate the advice (especially the bit about mentioning it’s our first time and free beer)! We’ll be on foot as we’re staying at a motel nearby, so can we just walk I to the tailgate area? Also, where is it and do you pay to enter?

4. Pkrjones

Pkrjones Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    If you Google search "Packers Tailgate Party" you'll find a couple & if they still have tickets will have a link to purchase right on their site. Most are within a few blocks of Lambeau. Other option is to hit a restaurant INSIDE the Lambeau Atrium & have food/cocktails there ~ guessing it's a bit pricey but also right in the middle of all of the action.

5. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

The tailgating in parking lot is private parties, but most are open to passers by. Most will chat and some offer a beer. Offer em a few bucks though. Crazy variety of styles. Brats, chilli, sushi, a little of everything. Polka dancing, Cornhole, kareoke, whatever. Some fancy and formal, some organized, some geographical based (UP fans etc, one year drank with Texas packer backers, 20 hardcore fans made the pilgrimage) some impromptu.

The organized pay ones are mostly south of the stadium. The one at stadium view is the only one I have been to and the band was very good. Outdoor on a beautiful day, was a lot of fun.

6. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

7. Mike peterson

Mike peterson Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Go to Brett Farves tailgate. It was a few years back that I went there but it was a blast! All you can eat and drink for around $30

8. Dr Tree

Dr Tree Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Thanks again man, you’re a start!

9. Dr Tree

Dr Tree Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Starr, not ‘Start’- trying to be clever!

10. Dr Tree

Dr Tree Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Thanks man, appreciate that.

11. Dr Tree

Dr Tree Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Thanks for all the advice, really appreciate it. Can’t wait now.