Game 6- Bring on the Browns

12theTruth

Why I'm hopeful--

Lions put up some good yards and points on the Browns last week. If Joseph Fauria scores 3 TD's against the Browns then Finley must be licking his chops about now.
David B. keeps getting better with more experience.
Is this the week Casey Hayward finally plays?
Main components of D-line and O-line still healthy. They've been bringing it especially in rushing the ball and stopping the run.
We're at Lambeau in front of the best fans in football.

Why I'm worried--

Quite honestly I'm worried about another serious injury. How can a guy not be?
Worried about Barclay's poor pass protection even more so now that Rodgers has limited weapons
Having Neal, Mulumba, and Palmer as the outside backers
Despite Crosby's great season thusfar, I'm worried about relying on him to convert a clutch FG (game winning or game tying in 4th quarter) of a mid to long distance

Even with all the missing injured players the Packers should have enough to pull out a victory. I'll say 27-16.

Go Packers!

Last edited by a moderator:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st Quarter:

Cundiff 34 yard FG
Rodgers 13 yard TD (Lacy)

2nd Quarter:

Crosby 39 yard FG
Cundiff 44 yard FG

3rd Quarter:

Lacy 33 yard TD run
Weeden 40 yard TD (Gordon)

4th Quarter

Rodgers 10 yard TD (Finley)
Rodgers 58 yard TD (Nelson)

Packers 31
Browns 13

Shanghai Pack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm concerned about Joe Haden. He's one of the few true shutdown corners and without Cobb and Jones (As I post there's a chance Jones could play, but I'm strongly doubting it), he'll be shadowing Nelson the whole game. So based on that, Finley will need to do more than lick his chops. He needs to feast. He'll need to gobble down at least 60 yrds, 2 or 3 key third point pickups on the side, and perhaps a sweet TD for desert. Because without him, it's probably going to be another ugly day from our passing attack.

The Browns have a stout defense but the Lions ran well enough for me to have hope we can do so too, at least in the middle of the field. It's probably another week of red zone issues though. Fortunately they don't have a lot on the offensive side beyond Gordon and Cameron and both of them are marginalized by having Weeden be their QB. They'll manage one or two deep completions, but I think we can shut them down for most of the game.

Prediction: A third straight ugly, ugly win. Packers 23, Browns 10.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Browns D is better than people think, but wont be a shutdown D for us even if we are lacking weapons due to injury. Our back ups certainly stepped it up and played well against the ravens.....I think they pick up where they left off. Our defense WILL stuff their run and they don't have that much in the way of a potent passing attack...weeden holds them back. As long as Arod has a better game and guys like Boykin get their heads removed from their butts, this should be a good win.

Lacy runs wild (100+ yds)
Nelson + finley = enough to take out the browns

Packers 30

Browns 17

Last edited:

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The browns weak point d-line can't stop the run. That should be huge for us,Lacey will have a good day our d-line will get to Weeden, think House and Shields will have a good day.A-Rod and Nelson Finnley think we will see more td this Sunday 35-14 think this is a turn around game, for us.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The browns weak point d-line can't stop the run. That should be huge for us,Lacey will have a good day our d-line will get to Weeden, think House and Shields will have a good day.A-Rod and Nelson Finnley think we will see more td this Sunday 35-14 think this is a turn around game, for us.

???? Browns D is ranked 7th against the run.....Sounds like they can stop the run better than most other teams. They rank 8th against the pass also.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I forget the game I watched,but the browns could not stop,the run game I feel Lacey can plow through and get yards on them he is very phisical.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't like seeing everyone panic. The game against the Ravens has left me feeling great about the Packers. Finally I see them win a ugly game. We ended the game by running the ball. Rodgers no longer has to carry all the weight. The defense looked amazing. Hawk has benefited immensely from Mathews going out. Our D-line has gotten bigger and definitely more physical. Hyde and House are 2 guys that really surprised me last week. We have one of the best QBs in the league. We have Lacy. Crosby is on fire and defense is playing great. So I'm not worried about the Browns. It should give our play makers some time off and we get them back fresh for when the games really count

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most watched NFL games this year: 1. Packers-49ers (28.5M viewers) 2. Broncos-Cowboys (28.3M viewers).

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
We score 3 TD's: Burnett, Shields, Finley. We proceed to FG the Browns to death. That Defense is foreal, that Offense is offensive.

H

HardRightEdge

Cleveland D is 1st. in the league in pass yards surrendered per play and 5th. in yards per rush surrendered.

They've defended 68 plays per game, a high number, which makes they're already very good yds. per game numbers better. They're toward the top of the league in sacks.

On the negative side, they are middling in generating turnovers and near the bottom of the league in surrendering 3rd. down conversions at 44.1%.

These stats suggest they don't generate many 3-and-outs, but stiffen as possessions progress. They'll make you earn it.

They suffer from bad quarterbacking with Weeden on the field. Throwing more INTs than TDs, both last year and this, is unacceptable in today's game. They replaced him with Hoyer, but he's back again with Hoyer out for the year. He may appreciate playing on the road without the Dog Pound, et. al. calling for his head back home.

As for the Detroit game, Cleveland dominated the first half, was leading after 3 quarters, and then trailing by 7 with about 6 minutes to play with the ball, moving 40 yds. from their 16 to Detroit's 44 yd. line. Nothing about this suggests an a** kicking.

Then Weeden was picked with 4:36 on the clock; that was all she wrote. It was an ugly, bad-decision shovel pass that sent the Cleveland fans and media into a tizzy.

I would be concerned that the Packers have struggled to put up points against good defenses these past couple years. Concerns should be elevated with the depleted receiving corp against a very fine pass defense.

I expect a relatively low scoring affair. If Weeden can protect the ball it should be fairly close.

Last edited by a moderator:

TimthePackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This years team seems lacking in killer instinct, they still lull themselves to sleep and give up the big plays. I think we'll make the play offs but this team isn't going to the super bowl unless the defensive back field can stop the big plays from happening.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
This years team seems lacking in killer instinct, they still lull themselves to sleep and give up the big plays. I think we'll make the play offs but this team isn't going to the super bowl unless the defensive back field can stop the big plays from happening.
This statement is ridiculous. The rest I agree with.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this and many of the rest of our seasons games will be close in game, if not on the stat sheet like last weeks game.

We are banged up, missing several key players, and playing below par on passing while bringing on the run game.

Frustrating to watch, but I like the moxie of toughing a hard win out.

The thing many are not talking about is what we have lacked... Grinding a game down.

A few more adjustments and we look stout, even missing players.

Browns are not a throwaway team like they looked a month ago. I think we grind another one out, 20-16 at home. Late game scare.

Get used to them. I do feel better about closer games now, as in the past I have never felt comfortable with a lead less than 3 scores going into the fourth over the last few seasons.

Let's close another one out. One game at a time folks.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With this many injuries I can only withhold judgment on whether this team will have any easy wins this season. The Browns aren't pushovers anymore either. They have a pretty good defense and all it takes is for Weeden to have a decent game for this one to be close.

If the Packers win this one handily, I'll breath a lot easier, assuming there are no significant injuries of course. But at this point, I'm almost expecting another starter or two to get hurt.

TimthePackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HyponGrey said:
This statement is ridiculous. The rest I agree with.

After the first two games it may have been ridiculous watching the last two I beg to differ!! When you have teams down, someone with a killer instinct doesn't allow them back into the game.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given our our injuries, I think we should try pounding it on the ground with Lacey and Franklin. Control the clock. Keep our defense off the field as much as possible. 23 -10 packers

OP
OP

12theTruth

There is a distinct possibility that the Packers have to carry an 'injured' active player against the Browns. So Hayward may be on the active list but still not play.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Given our our injuries, I think we should try pounding it on the ground with Lacey and Franklin. Control the clock. Keep our defense off the field as much as possible. 23 -10 packers
Because being more physical isn't what caused a spike in our already high injury rate.

Members online

Latest posts