Game 13 __ It's Bears week again [Pregame and post game thread]

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Sunday night at the moment.
Bears are running out the string. Again looking lost. Possible coaching change in the offing. A dangerous division opponent for a team looking to climb the playoff seeding. Packers magic number for the NFCN crown is now 2. It would be demoralizing to the fans if they don't get it at this point.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched a good part of their game yesterday. I like their RB. Dalton wasn't helped by his receivers at all, and then he didn't help himself. The good news is we're in position often in our defense to force mistakes. The not so great news is we miss a lot of opportunities when they throw the ball to us.

They're dangerous in the sense it's a big game for them and we seem to come out flat against lesser opponents and flat after bye weeks, so I hope those to don't compound each other LOL

seriously I see a 10pt win for us, but it's a game that could head south if we're not ready to play.

Reaction score
All we can control is winning the game in front of us.
Let the Cards fall as they may (pun intended!)
I’m not opposed to go into Arizona at near full strength and putting fear into our AFC opponent by beating the Cardinals right out of their nest. I’m confident that we have not played our best football to date. Our Offense is starting to fire on another cylinder. Our team is about to get 2-3 probowl level players injected into the equation. It’ll be night n day once we net those guys and don’t think for a second we aren’t saving them to come back 100% healthy for our final kick. We can Win without them, but we get dangerous with J’aire or Bak or Z back. It’s been so long, we’ve nearly forgotten how much those type players affect a game. The Vikings got us without Gary and Jones. Next time they’ll get both plus another 1-2 probowl types.. at Lambeau! This won’t be at 70 degrees!

We are a couple Wins from a #4 NFC lock Let’s stack a Division Win and get to 10 W’s. Then let’s start methodically eliminating our remaining division opponents from the playoff hopes altogether.
It starts with a concrete playoff elimination of Chicago on Sunday in front of our home crowd.
Then we can turn our full attention to our toughest remaining contest, away at Baltimore.

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All we can control is winning the game in front of us.
Let the Cards fall as they may (pun intended!)
I’m not opposed to go into Arizona at near full strength and putting fear into our AFC opponent by beating the Cardinals right out of their nest. I’m confident that we have not played our best football to date. Our Offense is starting to fire on another cylinder. Our team is about to get 2-3 probowl level players injected into the equation. It’ll be night n day once we net those guys and don’t think for a second we aren’t saving them to come back 100% healthy for our final kick. We can Win without them, but we get dangerous with J’aire or Bak or Z back. It’s been so long, we’ve nearly forgotten how much those type players affect a game. The Vikings got us without Gary and Jones. Next time they’ll get both plus another 1-2 probowl types.. at Lambeau! This won’t be at 70 degrees!

We are a couple Wins from a #4 NFC lock Let’s stack a Division Win and get to 10 W’s. Then let’s start methodically eliminating our remaining division opponents from the playoff hopes altogether.
It starts with a concrete playoff elimination of Chicago on Sunday in front of our home crowd.
Then we can turn our full attention to our toughest remaining contest, away at Baltimore.
Almost irrelevant at this point…. but I don’t want to totally ignore it if the Steeler were to knock off the Vikings Thursday night…. A Packers win on Sunday night would lock up the Division. Yeah I know any two Packers wins will do that … but let’s get it done this week lol.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Off topic, but is it just me or is this Monday Night Football trio of Levy, Griese and Rid**** just terrible? I feel like I'm listening to a division 3 Football commentary.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Why do you feel the need to insult the D3 guys?
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:I thought of that right after I posted. I plan on an apology letter to at least one D3 commentary team.

Probably the better comparison would be 3 guys trying to do a WWF call for the first time.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
14 point win in a cheek clapper.

The Bears are a joke and we are finally rested. I expect us to come out and be hot down this stretch while getting players back gradually to bolster the roster.

A loss here is inexcusable and unacceptable.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Just for the record, there's no way for the NFL to flex the game out of SNF at this point anymore.
Not going to lie, I was somewhat hoping we would be flexed out as I am flying into MKE for the game and taking a bus there/back. Will be a late night, but pumped to get to Lambeau for just the 2nd time ever. This time around we are staying in MKE, any must-dos from the local folks?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not going to lie, I was somewhat hoping we would be flexed out as I am flying into MKE for the game and taking a bus there/back. Will be a late night, but pumped to get to Lambeau for just the 2nd time ever. This time around we are staying in MKE, any must-dos from the local folks?
I was too. I drive up from Madison for the Games and these night games are killers on the sleep. Add in any amount of snow for the drive home and it can mean I am probably not crawling into bed until about 3 am.

The Vikings game is a Monday nighter and the Browns game....Christmas of all days and a Saturday? The schedule makers did the Packers a "favor" by giving them 4 out of their last 6 at home, but I'm not a fan of the times and days.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was too. I drive up from Madison for the Games and these night games are killers on the sleep. Add in any amount of snow for the drive home and it can mean I am probably not crawling into bed until about 3 am.

The Vikings game is a Monday nighter and the Browns game....Christmas of all days and a Saturday? The schedule makers did the Packers a "favor" by giving them 4 out of their last 6 at home, but I'm not a fan of the times and days.
Vikings game is Jan 2 …. Sunday night.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears are running out the string. Again looking lost. Possible coaching change in the offing. A dangerous division opponent for a team looking to climb the playoff seeding. Packers magic number for the NFCN crown is now 2. It would be demoralizing to the fans if they don't get it at this point.

Get a lead, take Montgomery out of the game, and the Pack should be fine.

Gonna be cold...

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Good take. Montgomery can hurt us if we let them hang around too long. Need a two score lead by the end of the 3rd quarter.

Reaction score
I’ve got one word…. . Da Bears

I can Bearly wait

Hopefully we Em Bearass them

Get there early. The parking can be a real Bear.

Time to put these Bear Cubs in HiBear nation

Wonder if they can Grin n Bear a good Lambeau shellacking?

Last edited:

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I watched the Cards vs Bears game. The Cards can't stop the run and let Montgomery do what ever he wanted in the game. When they deviated from feeding him the ball Dalton just tossed INT's. He tossed four I beilieve, and the Cards had chances at more as crazy as that sounds. Stop the run and this should be a win. Packers 27 Bears 16

Wayne G

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We get homefield....we go to Bowl this year!
Especially once we get are three studs back!
Packers don't lose again this season!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get a lead, take Montgomery out of the game, and the Pack should be fine.

Gonna be cold...
Am I the only one that read this and thought, 'Do we still have a Montgomery on our team?' For a few seconds I was having a hard time understanding why the Packers had a star player named Montgomery that I couldn't remember. :confused:

I think that Mooney could turn into a decent WR but the Bears need a true #1 to go with Fields. If they focus on WR in the draft and actually get one, it will cover up a lot of the other warts.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Am I the only one that read this and thought, 'Do we still have a Montgomery on our team?' For a few seconds I was having a hard time understanding why the Packers had a star player named Montgomery that I couldn't remember. :confused:
Funny, I read it and immediately thought of Ty Montgomery. I was like "why would we want to stop him, he is a terrible RB". Then I remembered that Ty is on the Saints and then the 2nd lightbulb went on and I realized it was David Montgomery that we want to stop.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We get homefield....we go to Bowl this year!
Especially once we get are three studs back!
Packers don't lose again this season!
Always nice to have a new fan, one who apparently hasn't watched Packer playoff games for the last decade or so. :)

Members online

Latest posts