Gado or not to Gado

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Calhoun is over rated by Green Bay fans, and I can understand that becuase he is a Badger. He is not even on Mel's radar in the Kips draft projections.

RP, this is the best reason to pick him IMO. Kiper is a putz. I won't even go into all the times he's been so incredibly wrong about draft picks, but what he doesn't know about football players could fill three sets of encyclopedias.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good Point T.O. Very good point.

Kip may be a putz, but he is a better putz than I at this point.

Perhaps what he doesn't know about football players could fill three sets of encyclopedias?

However, what I do not know is this... My knowledge of what I do not know about football players could fill SIX sets of encyclopedias. That would be twice as many as Kip's in your mind.

That makes it a fact, that means Kip is twice as wise as us, so I am going to take some thought and consider that his evaluations on the draft are twice as wise as mine.

T.O. If you and I sat down for a cold one with Kip, I would guess that I would be able to hold about one tenth of the conversation about Kip's draft thoughts, based on his opinion.

Heretofore I plead the fifth against going aheas of any person I hear rumors about.

RP

OP
OP
I

ILOVETHEPACK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
OUr offensive line sucked. He ran for over one hundred yards twice IN THE FIRST HALF. Occasionally he got some good blocks, but he is a talented YOUNG man, who is coachable. The strides he made from week to week to week were amazing. Yeah he got hurt(who didnt) but next year we'll have Rbs to work with
good

I think this summs it up he ran grat behind a line that jsut was terrible but hopefully they can shore the line up with some picks( not waist them on a running back) we need some O-lineman. I love the Quote Tromadz.I hope that th DC is what tt thinks he is, I think it was a good idea keeping someone in the same system as Bates lets not confuse them anymore than they already are.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
RP, this is the best reason to pick him IMO. Kiper is a putz. I won't even go into all the times he's been so incredibly wrong about draft picks, but what he doesn't know about football players could fill three sets of encyclopedias.

this is a pretty accurate blurb on mel kiper, well worded.

However I do agree that Calhoun is getting kind of overhyped on here.

My plan is to give Gado his shot at the feature back position, bring back Fisher to be a solid blocking back/3rd down back, and draft a guy in round 3-4. The fourth RB position can be filled in with whatever jobber we find, wheter it be another pick in round 6-7 (count on TT getting extra picks this april), or Nick Herron, whoever.

Our resources should be concentrated on rebuilding the offensive line, primarily a guard who can take the starting slot from the Klemm/Wells/Ruegammer clusterf**k. An agile guard who can help us run more plays to the outside, more screen passes, etc.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no way we don't keep Gado and give him a chance with the new running game we are getting ready to install and certainly an upgrade in personnel coming as well. He made chicken salad out of chicken crap when it came to our pitiful running game last year. Why would you not give him a chance when it's known the Pack has prioritized improving the running game?
NOT giving him a chance would be like a boxer getting knocked down three times in one round and saying to his opponent "you can't box". Just because he surprised people doesn't mean he's a one year wonder or can't play.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gado and whoever remains after the signing periods, including the possibility of Ahman Green should see the Pack through next season. What the pack really needs is a very good LB and and TE. Hawks is my choice at Number 1 for GB. Second round should go to a DE and then perhaps a TE. Then maybe n RB. Depends on what is available in the FA as well.

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we can get Hawk with the 5th pick, I'll be ecstatic. He's a one of a kind player and can eventally be a leader on our D. Back to Gado, other than the fumbles he looked amazing, and I was tired of the announcers saying he "looked" like he could be a starter in the NFL. He is a starter and he should be our starter. He looks just like Tiki Barber did when he started and if we let him grow and keep him healthy there is nothing stoppin him from being a pro bowler eventually.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree with you on both Gado and certainly Hawks. Think that coaching will be a great help and guess with Bennett should be a plus. Still think that TE has to be a major upgrade for the Pack though! Bubba should be gone and the rest are strictly pre-season meat.

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just to say... i also agree with Aceschnd and Chibiabos. although we need O-linemen... Hawk's too good to be passed up. Also Gado is great and only needs to be a little more coached... since i would think that the coaches aren't very good in niger.

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this comparision has been make already, but if Hawk stays injury free and becomes a student of the game he's gonna be our Urlacher. Even though I hate the Bears, you gotta believe that Urlacher is an amazing player, and I think Hawk can be that guy.

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha, yeah agree on the Notre Dame thing. I'm a big Irish fan and its funny, I hated Hawk 3 weeks ago and now I'm hoping that I can buy the Hawk Packer Jersey this May.

Members online

Latest posts