1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Gado not too bado

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by musccy, Nov 6, 2005.

1. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Pretty tough runner...some speed, power, always seems to fall forward and get an extra yard after contact. Not too bad so far.

2. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, hopefully he can work with the coaches a bit and develop some of that raw talent.

Otherwise he looks like a gem for now.

3. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    He at least shows some fire. I loved Henderson getting in the linebackers face, the problem is that he is the only one who shows any fire on this team. I'm not sure but I think I even saw some fire in Sherman's eyes.

4. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Henderson got the crowd revved up and there was just no staying power, we scored a touchdown and just couldn't get points in the end of the game

Personally I am impressed with Gado...the broadcasters kept stressing he is somebody who probably had little/no aspirations for the NFL, but they ran too many slow developing counter plays and...lets say speed isnt Gado's strong point...close to 30 carries is a lot to ask from this kid

5. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    yeah, the kids pretty decent. where did he come from anyhow?

6. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Liberty College in VA. I think the esteemed Rev. Jerry Falwell runs the place.
    Hammer

7. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    To add to Hammer's point, he was released from the Chiefs after they decided to keep only two backs. He was signed to our PS, then promoted.

8. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wasn't impressed with his speed but I was by his gutsy running. He must have been shaking inside to come from no where and wind in the starting backfield. I can only guess what he might have done with some blocking, but he won't see it from this team, I'm afraid.

9. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Gado should be inducted into the Packer Hall of Fame! OK, the powers that be shouldn't anoint him quite yet.

10. yourout

yourout Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He looked OK......nothing special. At least he did not fumble.

11. HatestheEagles084

Ratings:
    +1
    he looked a lot like...a guy that we were talking about on here earlier in the week, anthony thomas, nothing special is right...and this cinderella story of some kid who didnt even start at a 1-AA team fits right in with our rag-tag group of players...

12. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, harsh crowd these last couple of posts.

13. HatestheEagles084

Ratings:
    +1
    my post did kind of slant that way, i didnt mean for it to...gado a longshot to make any NFL roster, it's a good story, he ran hard, but was ran too much...26 carries...his average was around 4 in the first half but he kept getting stopped for no gainers after the half

Gado is by no means the solution to our long term backfield problems but he's good for some carries as we try and run out the clock on this season