Fun with statistics

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre is 7th in passing yards (2295), tied for 8th in TD passes (13), and among full-time starters, only Peyton Manning and Drew Brees have been sacked fewer times. (Favre has been sacked 11 times, Manning 10, and Brees 9.) His QB rating is well down the list at 17th (81.4) thanks to a completion percentage (57.7) that is 24th in the league.

Donald Driver is 6th is receiving yards (771) and is tied with Kellen Winslow, Jr. for 2nd in catches with 56. (Andre Johnson leads the league with 68(!).)

Aaron Kampman is second in sacks with 10. (Julius Peppers leads the league with 11.)

Punter Jon Ryan is 3rd in gross average (46.5) but tied for 27th in net average (35.5).

Dave Rayner is 8th among kickers in scoring (65 points). On kickoffs, he is tied for 4th in touchbacks (10). (Ryan Longwell, by the way, is tied for 25th with 3 touchbacks. Rayner's and Longwell's field goal percentages are identical even though Rayner has had to attempt a couple more long ones.)

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy that I wish we didnt have that you posted was Ryan. I can trust the guy when we are in our own endzone to change field position, but he cant get the job done when it comes to being in the other teams terrority. he booms the ball outa the endzone.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy that I wish we didnt have that you posted was Ryan. I can trust the guy when we are in our own endzone to change field position, but he cant get the job done when it comes to being in the other teams terrority. he booms the ball outa the endzone.

Yeah, that's why there's such a glaring discrepancy between his gross and net averages. Plus, he kicks the ball too low. I hope that he can learn to get a little more loft on the ball, because he's definitely got the leg strength to be a big-time punter.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

give him time.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

Yeah, that's why there's such a glaring discrepancy between his gross and net averages. Plus, he kicks the ball too low. I hope that he can learn to get a little more loft on the ball, because he's definitely got the leg strength to be a big-time punter.

To his credit he often booms them beyond the coverage to a point the gap between the receiver and the coverage guys is too far apart. Our guys need to do a better job getting down there. At times they are line drives but many times he has done his part.

The Vikes punter was knocking the crap out of it last week but their guys were also getting downfield in time to prevent any big run backs. He negated several opportunities to change the field position around in our favor.
He nailed a couple that were unbelievable. Once from his own endzone that went way past the 50.

We have to do a better job blocking on punt returns. I see way to often our guys chasing the defenders instead of staying between them and our returner. And we don't do that good enough when we punt it.

A little work needed in these areas as well as kickoff protection. That was getting a little scary last week.

mikegrubiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank God for Driver though!

If he wasn't on the team, I don't know what this team would look like.

Probably look like the Lions.

:cheerleader:

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Oh My Gosh!

The kid will be making his what? His 48th punt in the NFL on Sunday. His THIRD in The Whole NFL in Punting Stats, and 2nd in the NFC.

He has had 47 punts to adjust form a "Verry different CFL Field, and CFL Ball."

I really have to take a break from this forum for a while or I am going to commit suicide due to the negativity and the world is falling apart attitude here.

What do you want? Do you want to bring back our (Not going to even mention the name) Draft pick. Now I know about NET Avverage, do not even bring it up.... There is a heck of alot more that goes into Net Average than a punters leg.

Gove the kid a hundred punts before you throw him under the bus.

www.sportsline.com/nfl/stats/leaders/NFL/PNT/2006/regular

RP

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to worry. Us up here who knew Jon knew his biggest adjustment would be learning hangtime as in the CFL it's more wind up and boom it. At least it's something that can be learned. Better then a guy with good hangtime but a weak leg. With him you'd know he'll never get better.

Members online

Latest posts