1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Fumble-itis the latest ailment

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by IPBprez, Nov 28, 2005.

1. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Posted Nov. 28, 2005
    [​IMG]
    ANDRAE THURMAN

Fumble-itis the latest ailment to hit Packers

By Rob Demovsky
    PackersNews.com

PHILADELPHIA — Add something else to the Green Bay Packers’ long list of problems. Now, they can’t seem to hang onto the football.

An inability to complete the most basic task in the game doomed the Packers in their latest loss — a 19-14 defeat on Sunday at the Philadelphia Eagles.

Four times, the Packers put the ball on the Lincoln Financial Field turf. Three times, the Eagles recovered.

Nothing changed Sunday’s game more than a pair of fumbled kickoff returns. The Eagles got 10 points off those deflating turnovers.

No matter what coach Mike Sherman and special teams coach John Bonamego did to field a functional return unit, it didn’t work.

ReShard Lee fumbled his second return attempt of the game after the Eagles had taken a 3-0 lead. Eagles running back Brian Westbrook quickly turned that into a 27-yard touchdown run.

Lee, who said he has been fighting a rib injury since the Nov. 13 game at Atlanta, was benched in favor of Andrae Thurman, who fumbled a fourth-quarter kickoff after the Eagles had taken a 16-14 lead. The Eagles tacked on a field goal, and though the Packers got another crack, they went into their final drive needing a touchdown instead of a field goal to win.

“I ain’t going to lie,â€

2. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Today I read on packersnews.com they will use silk- covered foot balls. How shall I understand that? :eek: :wink:

[​IMG]

But seriously: Why must 11 more or less fumble- filled (and most of them lost) games be played until they take that step?
    We are experienced with fumblers (A. Green) and should know how to practice against fumbles.

Harald

3. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    they have a silk cover that slips around the footballs. but good pt. if i were a HC i would practice with them in mini camp. how about some prevention instead of fixing it when it breaks.

4. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    We put boxing gloves on Ahmad Carroll so he doesn't hold in practice and now silk-covered footballs???? Hey, I've got an idea? How about some better players instead? <sarcasm>

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    you mean be proactive instead of reactive? Sherman hasn't done that ever, why would he start now.

6. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    i'm not gonna argue with the better players thing. we watched this team reach for picks since wolf left.

maybe ryan can work on something and this forum can draft for the team this yr. majority rules.